RECphantom

Alpha testing is over for mod

Well just hang in there, soon there will be doggies to test out :)

i for one, REALLY look forward to try that out..

DOG... GET ME SOME BEANS.. NAO DAMNIT.

Why do people talk about making money like it's a bad thing? What's more likely to get updates and new content the free mod? or the paid game that puts food on rockets table?

Wow, just wow...rare to see one who understands basic economical processes!

Beans for you!

Half the posts on this forum make me wonder if the poster has ever had a job.

Actually I am playing on a Side channel enabled server.

There are just so more to do once you have social interaction with players made easy.

I seriously wonder why side-channel feature has been generally removed from the game. It helped keep the incentive, the role-play, the fun along with better surveillance of what's happening on the server.

Removing tools so players can interact better is one of the worst decision ever made for this game. Hopefully some servers still have side channel enabled.

Because side-chat fucking sucks. Seriously, it's literally only Russian dude's playing the worst generic-trance I've ever heard down their mics in every server with it enabled.

Because side-chat fucking sucks. Seriously, it's literally only Russian dude's playing the worst generic-trance I've ever heard down their mics in every server with it enabled.

I was talking about the text side-channel. I don't think a mic side-channel is a good idea, indeed.

side-channel in any form is terrible. It goes against the spirit of the game by ruining the sense of isolation. Yeah yeah, Teamspeak/etc. ruins it in the same way. But, there's no way to prevent external voice chat. There is, however, a way to prevent in-game server-wide communication.

How does this improve the atmosphere?

"2 survivors LFM for Stary Sobor run. PST k thx"

This is NOT an MMORPG, don't try and make it one. Go PLAY one if you want one.

• Like 1

Side channel is kind of nice, but is a bit immersion breaking.

I wouldn't mind side chat (or something akin to side chat) being enabled once your character finds a radio or something, but being able to talk to your friends, or even your murderer right after you've been killed...? Nah.

Edited by Warped_Jack

I have been playing since the first week of June and I still get a lot of fun out of the mod. I will admit I have become very frustrated with the hackers as of lately. At first it was far and few between, like a random hacker kill me once every few weeks. Now I am getting killed 1-5 times a day or at the very least fucked with.

I am probably just going to try my luck on a private HIVE server.

As far playing on side chat servers....ya. The thing about the internet is you get a lot of people who have no idea how to interact socially and therefor act like they have no fucking sense in their head. 10-14 year old that think it's funny to mic spam and tell you to suck their cock....it's not cool and I would think is a good reason why they took side chat out to begin with.

For now I will just keep reviving, and doing it all over until the standalone comes out and do it there :)

side-channel in any form is terrible. It goes against the spirit of the game by ruining the sense of isolation. Yeah yeah, Teamspeak/etc. ruins it in the same way. But, there's no way to prevent external voice chat. There is, however, a way to prevent in-game server-wide communication.

How does this improve the atmosphere?

"2 survivors LFM for Stary Sobor run. PST k thx"

This is NOT an MMORPG, don't try and make it one. Go PLAY one if you want one.

The fact the game is not an MMORPG does not mean it's not a MMO (it is), and players should not be prevented from interacting with each other, especially when it leads to a richer game experience.

You, server admin, wants isolation on your server? Fine, go on, but don't trash the socialization that gives MORE things to do end game while so many people complain about the lack of content.

Plus, the stand alone will include 'stores', 'skills', 'crafting' and much more stuff to make players interact with each other. Want it or not it's gonna be more like a MMORPG than a MMO FPS.

You failed hard.

There seems to be nothing left to test in the mod. No new content, no real bug fixes, we don't even see Rocket or the Devs in the forums anymore. So what do we do now until the stand alone is released? Run around with Lee Enfield's until a scripter kills us again? Only play on private hive servers? What do you guys to do pass the time on DayZ now?

collect tins of beanz...

I do the same as I have done all along: Run around, die, run around, die, run around, die.

But mostly I spend my time not complaining about how the mod developers manage theirs.

Dont you think that for most people, it gets pretty damn booring doing the same thing over and over again? Its like watching the Avengers 10 times a day, and after a while, you can not bear it more

...should not be prevented from interacting with each other...

They aren't! Go run up to the survivor and say hello :D

...especially when it leads to a richer game experience.

Quite subjective, sir. To me, side channel destroys the game experience.

You, server admin, wants isolation on your server? Fine, go on, but don't trash the socialization that gives MORE things to do end game while so many people complain about the lack of content.

I am a server admin, and I honor the game design of Rocket regardless of my personal preference. It's just coincidental in this case that I agree. I welcome socialization with open arms. In fact, that sounds amazing. I hope people socialize a ton on my server and make lots of babbies and everything! Just... in the spirit of the game through authentic in-person communication as Rocket intended. Not through shouting "omg lol BRB cherno keke~" in side channel. That's just dumb and destroys game content by making the map that much smaller and less dangerous to explore.

Plus, the stand alone will include 'stores', 'skills', 'crafting' and much more stuff to make players interact with each other. Want it or not it's gonna be more like a MMORPG than a MMO FPS.

You seem really stuck on genre labels, I honestly didn't put much thought into "MMORPG" when I typed it other than to rip into people who want the same balancing/mechanics as WoW, Guild Wars 2, etc. If you want to call DayZ an MMORPG, that's fine. Let's do that.

I totally agree with and love the concept of stores/crafting/etc. as long as it's implemented in Rocket's style and not like a traditional MMORPG. No "global" anything. No specific "store mechanic". Just the ground work and tools that allow people to setup a store in-game. I have no doubt that's what will happen.

You failed hard.

I just addressed every "point" you made. But, it sounds like you're really focused on coming out on top here especially with getting so particular with "HAH, IT SO TOTALLY IS GOING TO BE AN MMORPG". So, let's just say you won. I also have a juice box for you and a box of animal crackers if you want some before nap time.

I understand why people are upset it just seems like the game needs a little something at the moment to breathe some life into it. The update shouldn't be too far around the corner I hope. When does that GamesCom thing end anyway?

Actually I am playing on a Side channel enabled server.

There are just so more to do once you have social interaction with players made easy.

I seriously wonder why side-channel feature has been generally removed from the game. It helped keep the incentive, the role-play, the fun along with better surveillance of what's happening on the server.

Removing tools so players can interact better is one of the worst decision ever made for this game. Hopefully some servers still have side channel enabled.

I don't think this mod was ever designed for coop play which is probably why side chat was removed.

Dont you think that for most people, it gets pretty damn booring doing the same thing over and over again? Its like watching the Avengers 10 times a day, and after a while, you can not bear it more

I do indeed, that's why I said:

If you are getting bored/fed up with the mod, take a break. I just had a long break from DayZ myself, now it feels a bit fresh again.

Complaining that Rocket is not working as fast as you would like him to seems a little bit self-obsessed in my opinion.

• Like 1

I don't think this mod was ever designed for coop play which is probably why side chat was removed.

You don't need side chat to coop this game!

It helps, but you don't need it.

Nonetheless, there are inherent features designed for coop. Ever given yourself a blood pack? No? Thought not

The community is never going to agree on it. Each side claims it makes the game better by being enabled/disabled. I say side-chat destroys the game, others say it gives them a 6 foot erection that they can promptly e-waggle in side chat with gusto. No one is going to convince the other side.

The only comfort I have is that I agree with virtually all of Rocket's visions of the game, which means the banishment of anything resembling side-channel. So, I can only hope that he sticks to the original design for standalone.

Edited by Venthos

Have you got any intention of actually contributing to the thread or are you just up for a bit of moderator taunting?

Ironic...You moderators were just saying these threads pop up daily which would imply they are useless and overused, but yet you are asking people to contribute..hmm...

Besides ideas, you can't really test anymore it seems. Since the engine is going to be different I would imagine once you get to the standalone, it is just going to be another "alpha", but called a "stand alone" game until they get it stable.

Why do people talk about making money like it's a bad thing? What's more likely to get updates and new content the free mod? or the paid game that puts food on rockets table?

...Free...Mod? The mod may be free, but the game wasn't. i am just throwing a % out, but probably over 75% of the people only bought Arma2 for the mod, so people still had to pay money. And Rocket works with Bohemia, so I would imagine he gets paid for his time. Especially since he has given Bohemia new consumers. So your post was pointless. Whether people play Arma2 or the mod is irrelevant..

Hunt cows.

Hunt them to extinction.

Cows are notorious combat loggers. They either despawn after I fire my first shot or they despawn after I gut them so I can't get their delicious meats. Fuck cows.

And Rocket works with Bohemia, so I would imagine he gets paid for his time.

Yes, his time working on Bohemia projects, not DayZ. How is this a hard concept to understand? DayZ was a personal project Rocket made independent of Bohemia entirely. You don't get to personally decide "well, some portion of my $30 probably made it some how into Rocket's wallet. Therefore, I shouldn't have to pay at all or pay less for DayZ!".

What flawed, ridiculous, and self-entitled bullshit logic.

Who cares if Bohemia decided "Rocket, we love you so hard. We're giving you 100% of the profits that we feel DayZ brought to ARMA2". EVEN IF that happened, no one has a right to personally decide "Well, then DayZ standalone should be free/reduced cost to me then!". You've got some pretty flawed sense of logic if you think you can work that out to some reasonable conclusion.

Whether or not Rocket indirectly profited from DayZ (which I would guess he has not) is irrelevant to whether or not you should pay "full price" for DayZ standalone. You're paying full price. It's going to happen. You're also going to love it since you'll be supporting a developer who independently created an amazing mod. Face it, your $10 or less will go into Rocket's pocket (lawl.. that made me giggle). And you're going to say "THANK YOU ROCKET, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER (patch!)"

Edited by Venthos

Ironic...You moderators were just saying these threads pop up daily which would imply they are useless and overused, but yet you are asking people to contribute..hmm...

Besides ideas, you can't really test anymore it seems. Since the engine is going to be different I would imagine once you get to the standalone, it is just going to be another "alpha", but called a "stand alone" game until they get it stable.

I fail to see the irony. Firstly, the guy I was commenting to had made 2 posts on this thread, both aimed specifically at aggravating a moderator and neither actually contributing to the thread. Secondly, I made no comment about the thread being useless. Carry on.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2