Sign in to follow this  
DazTroyer

Shoot on sight!

Every mother fucker, that's me from now on. Being friendly, it's just a joke!

Edited by DazTroyer

well. what can you expect when 500.000 children come to play a simulator game, never ment for this in the first place.

Apparrently alot of people are lacking stuff to do, and taking it out on all other players and insted of going against the flow and trying to stop it, everybody does what the OP does. Way to go hehe.

98% of us figure this out within the first few days.

The other 2% are either slow to realise or have a pure heart of gold.

Moved to General Discussion btw.

• Like 1

depending the situation changes the matter these days, though i will admit with all the shenanigans going on in DayZ at the moment me and my clan tend not to run the risk of "friendly", we try to avoid other players but if we see no other way we can't take the risk of leaving them alive. Sorry :D

EDIT: Though OP i will admit i hope we never cross paths, would be rather unfortunate.

Edited by Derpy_Hooves

It doesn't help some people are down right stupid. I was in Cherno, on a night server with 3 other people on, and I run out the back of the fire station only to have a survivor with her revolver out run into me.

I was too shocked to shout friendly, but I had the hero skin on. I sort of just ran around her, not aiming, not standing still, and what does she do? Sits still and starts shooting her pea shooter at me, the guy with the M249.

She's dead now.

• Like 2

Pretty much this.

I decided to not shot everyone on sight because it made me feel like an complete asshole, though the new bandit skin helps a little bit.

If i saw someone iam so happy that another people is alive :) I dont even think to shoot him or her..iam just glad to see another survivor:)..but most people is like americans...shoot first,ask twice..

Friendly at all time(but if you start shoot i put you in the ground in sec.)

I still will not KOS, i will recon for a while, or avoid other players completely. In some situations though, i will try to make contact through direct chat. So far its only been a couple of times that i felt comfortable doing that, and both times were successful meetings. There are places on the map that invite PvP, i go to those places when im looking to PvP, but im not going to mindlessly blow away someone looting the store at Krasnostav. If the situation is right, i will even attempt contact and help them find what they need. If they don't want my assistance, fine, i'll move along.

• Like 4

It doesn't help some people are down right stupid. I was in Cherno, on a night server with 3 other people on, and I run out the back of the fire station only to have a survivor with her revolver out run into me.

I was too shocked to shout friendly, but I had the hero skin on. I sort of just ran around her, not aiming, not standing still, and what does she do? Sits still and starts shooting her pea shooter at me, the guy with the M249.

She's dead now.

Yeah the same has happened to me, I don't shout friendly but when bullets are coming at me, the person firing is going down. Aim for legs, then high tail. If they have a real gun to shoot at me with, it will be a body shot and the Mk 48 is a one shot kill.

come-to-the-dark-side-we-have-cookies-208415.jpg

lol another one turning into one of the idiots who ruin other players game :D

You sir have some of my beans.

Hm, sometimes I get a mean streak and go hunting. I've decided that I will try to resist that temptation from now on.

But if I'm surprised in a city, or see someone bolting at me with a semi, I'll shoot first and ask questions later.

If I get the chance, I've decided that I will recon the fellow for a while first, and then try to make contact from a safe place.

She's dead now.

i'm sure the fact that it was night made it easy for her to recognize your hero skin and m249

But how often do people ACTUALLY pay attention to the skin, be it survivor, hero, or bandit?

come-to-the-dark-side-we-have-cookies-208415.jpg

lol another one turning into one of the idiots who ruin other players game :D

I did try, oh how I tried. Some of the deaths are funny, satchel charge in the fire station tower, bastard bringing a whole load of zeds with him then shot me in the legs. However the number of times folk pretend to be nice only to wack you as soon as your backs turned is unreal. Even got to 4040 humanity ffs. :(

Yeah of course.. but its still a damn shame :), think of all the fun people could have with strangers in the game, if the majority of players didnt shoot on sight.

but i will stay true, to my heart of pure gold (hehe). and not kill everyone i see, only the ones that shoot first :)

I recommend all friendly players to never be the one who shoots first. Only respond to fire if others shoot at you. If two strangers meet and they both are following this principle, there will be no danger to either of them.

For me, one of the most interesting part of this game used to be (and still is) encountering strangers and sometimes teaming up with them. This idiotic "kill on sight" attitude just takes away that part of the game. :(

Edited by Wüstenfuchs
  • Like 4

But how often do people ACTUALLY pay attention to the skin, be it survivor, hero, or bandit?

last 3 people i've met all said they approched me and didn't shot me on sight couse of hero skin... so it works just fine for me

Honestly you can't trust the "hero" skin. He could just be the medic for a bandit clan.