Sign in to follow this  
DazTroyer

Shoot on sight!

If you turn a sandbox game into a PVP based game you are an idiot.

Just sayin...

Somewhat, I am not a strictly PVP player and I would love to see more player interaction, but as the game stands now I understand the KOS mentality. I will give you props though, I saw a post of yours where you discussed a player in Stary killing a member of your group and you guys let him walk away, that took some restraint. Hopefully the standalone balances the PVP and PVE, but we will always encounter those who focus more on PVP and those who are content with zombie kills.

The other day I was near Green Mountain and I heard some gunshots. I went prone and looked around and saw a guy in a ghillie suit running through the forest. I didn't shoot him even though he had better gear than me and it would have been a good haul. Why? Because whenever I see people I'm afraid that if I have to shoot them then they will be hackers with invincibility (has happened a couple times).

A little while back I was in a supermarket and a guy walked in with a makarov. I had a hatchet. I asked him if he was friendly. He responded by shooting me. Unfortunately for him I was knocked out and he thought I was dead. So I got back up and swiped him a couple times and killed him. It could have been a much nicer encounter.

Another time I had decent gear and decided to go on top of the fire station in Elektro (if you go on top of the fire station in Elektro you're gonna have a bad time). It was nighttime and I thought I might be able to get away with it. I was sniped and I died.

Points to be made:

-If you shoot on sight you risk being killed by a hacker who may have not otherwise noticed or cared about you.

-Being friendly to someone is always worth the risk because it's always nice meeting new people, and it's actually exciting not knowing how someone will react to you. It is worth the risk of dying to meet somebody new in the game.

-Even if you have decent gear and you're shot by somebody you didn't even see, relax. Dying is part of the game. I think too many people are overly concerned with dying. I see a lot of people complaining about the boredom they experience after they get a bunch of decent gear. Well then put yourself in riskier situations and maybe get in a gunfight you know you'll probably lose. Restarting is underrated. It can be fun to have to build back up again. There are degrees of fun at each phase of survival when you spawn. Try experiencing all of them.

Protect your life as best you can, but remember that dying isn't the worst thing ever. Make the DayZ community a nice one, don't shoot on sight. You can guarantee that not everyone will avoid shooting on sight. But if we can get a situation where the majority of players don't, I think DayZ will be a much better place.

• Like 1

Thought this was a Zombie Survival Game....should of known. PVP on a sandbox game like this takes no freaking skill.....want real pvp pick any of the well known FPS and TPS games..

Really, tell that to all the idiots who think sniping is easy and constantly miss. Maybe running around Cherno is like that, but everywhere else it takes patience and position. Try to take out a well organized group and tell me PVP is simple in this game. The only thing that is "simple" is fighting zombies after having more than a days experience on the game.

Really, tell that to all the idiots who think sniping is easy and constantly miss. Maybe running around Cherno is like that, but everywhere else it takes patience and position. Try to take out a well organized group and tell me PVP is simple in this game. The only thing that is "simple" is fighting zombies after having more than a days experience on the game.

You got a point.......hopefully they make Zombies more realistic in the stand alone and more dangerous.

Really, tell that to all the idiots who think sniping is easy and constantly miss.

Except that sniping in this game is painfully easy. Of my first 5 shots from my AS50 (first sniper rifle I found, go figure) 4 of them were kills. This is with no Arma 2 experience prior to DayZ. Maybe it is a little harder with some of the other rifles, but I just find AS50s all over the place, and it requires no skill to use unless you're trying to pull off a 900m shot.

Edited by Angel_