chris p. bacon

How did your most recent character die?

How did your most recent character die?  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us how!

• Hacker
    • PvP (Where gunfire was exchanged)
    • Sniper (Where you returned no gunfire)
    • Glitch
    • Zombies
    • Falling from Heights
    • Hunger/Thirst
    • Explosion
    • Infection
    • Other?

Just out of curiosity.

Reply with a story!

Edited by chris p. bacon
  • Like 1

Hacker teleported everyone in the air. i tried to esc right before i hit the ground but my hand slipped and i died.

2 bad scripters.

Was on NW airfield, where a helicopter with 2 guys in it land a 50 metres beside me.

I snuck on them,killed both and ook their helicopter (not knowing that they are script kiddos).

So thought the day just turned to awesome from casual. Then i collected all of my mates and as i pick up the last of them a second helicopter appears behind us and kills all of us.

That was the moment i realized that they were just 2 script fags...... (they were the only ones on the server with my mates)

I surprised I'm the first one to vote for PVP. :o

Anyway, I got a little bit bigheaded and impatient so someone saw me before I saw him while I was trying to find some loot at NWA.

Was with my friends at Elektro (night) looking for some fun when a guy with a silenced weapon started to kill everyone with one shot. I shot him with M249 from 10m and he didn't care.

Hacker teleports behind my friend and I and shoots me. He's a horrible shot so just breaks my legs and half blood loss. I move around in the grass while he continues to miss me. Finally I say screw it and bandage myself. The hacker finally manages to get a couple more shots into me while I'm kneeling and bandaging. I die but my friend is fine. He was watching the hacker when "poof" the hacker disappears as quickly and silently as he appeared. We log and go find another server.

had a nice encounter with 4(!) total strangers simultaniously on belota airfield. we all came along quite well and got ambushed by a sniper a little bit north. not the brightest sniper, he did not shot at me first (carrying the only gun in the group), so i was able to return fire. still died though.

Was at NW airfield, fully geared with ghille, NV, DMR..etc.. found a grenade, threw at zombies, landed at my feet.. dead.. ;P

• Like 1

Found a Tractor at the Zelengorsk market. Started driving south and decided to take a right hand turn but I touched a road sign turning my tractor into a large bomb.

• Like 2

My friend was laying in a tree with his ghillie on while I was crouching near our campfire cooking meat. All of a sudden another guy in a ghillie appeared right behind my friend and blew me away with his silenced assault rifle. Fucking teleporters.

Wookie shot at me as I was getting out of the north barracks and shattered my leg, but didn't kill me. Sounded like an M14 or a DMR and seemed to be coming from a pretty long range, because it didn't knock me out on the spot. I managed to pull myself back into the barracks and closed all of the doors except the back one- cover for me, and ate all of my cooked meat. Then I waited. All I had with me was my Kobra.

As it turns out no amount of cover will protect you from a frag grenade tossed through the doorway. I consider this to be PVP rather than an explosion or sniper, since I was able to respond, I just didn't respond properly.

Edited by amaROenuZ

My last 2 recent deaths have been while in forest areas by snipers :/

Other - boredom. I'm missing the game's population. Many people wondered off while they waited for the hackers to get banned or the graphics to get fixed. Now its starting to feel like a ghost town. That wouldn't be a bad thing if we didn't have to worry about hackers killing us at any second.

I was in a military tent shooting a stream of zombies with an AKM, and sudenly just died. I said this to my friend who was just as confused, but then he sugested it migth be the grenade he had tossed at the zombies to help me...

• Like 1

Rather than follow my normal strategy of sneaking and hiding behind cover while moving between towns I decided to charge full pelt across fields to meet up with a friend.

Mile later got shot in the back by a bandit, hit the deck, spun around and managed to get a few shots off before I bled out :rolleyes:

Other.

Lets just say, it involved a fast vehicle, a sharp turn, a tree, and a clan mate who should've gone to bed 8 hours ago behind the wheel.

• Like 1

Sniped. In Solnichniy of all places. My best friend was low on blood and got swiped by a zombie, knocked unconscious. I was standing over him getting an epi-pen out of my bag to wake him up, and I got sniped by what sounded like an M-16 at a hundred meters or so. He finished off my friend, too.

My wife was with us, she ducked inside the building we were near and ran out the back door and got away.