Thadeum

Today I have been legitimally global banned for cheating

The sad thing is I see something hes saying. He payed $30 for the game. Got value out of it so he doesn't care. It doesn't take long to get your monies worth in this game so having your account banned is a joke. One of the reasons I really wish DayZ standalone wasn't going to be so cheap.

How much do you suggest they make it cost? if they go with the average pc game cost $59 does that solve the problem of disposable accounts? I can drop $59 at a bar on a week night and only get two hours of entertainment... paid $23 for arma 2 and have played it for 100+ hours. The price of the product doesnt matter. People will hack if they are presented with the opportunity regardless of the cost.

How much do you suggest they make it cost? if they go with the average pc game cost $59 does that solve the problem of disposable accounts? I can drop $59 at a bar on a week night and only get two hours of entertainment... paid $23 for arma 2 and have played it for 100+ hours. The price of the product doesnt matter. People will hack if they are presented with the opportunity regardless of the cost.

You realize this game is over 2 years old right? Sp 59.99$ would not make sense. Game should be down to 20-30$ for both expansion and that is what it is. But the problem is nobody really buys it to play Arma2, they only buy it for Dayz.

Let's use an analogy to explore OP's claim of doing no harm to other players, we'll use society as the example. Suppose someone thinks that the employment system in society is unfair because it doesn't cater to them. By OP's logic that person should just go and print counterfeit money for himself and friends so that they can buy whatever they think they deserve to have. OP argues that counterfeiting doesn't harm anybody so they should be allowed to do it. That's a good argument, for a child, adults know that counterfeiting is theft on the micro-level, it steals a little bit from everybody.

Scripting in items is the exact same thing. The weapons you script in inflate the weapons available in the game and just like with money the highest value weapons are the ones counterfeited the most. The increase in these high-powered weapons in game mean that everyone is at more risk of getting killed, but the risk is only slightly increased. When other children copy OP's reasoning they then go out and do the same, overall increasing the risk for everyone by a large margin. The game then becomes what it is today, a long way removed from the original intent of the developers, and the community.

Way to go OP.

• Like 1

I know what you guys will write : "bye bye, won't regret you", or "you got what you deserve punk", but I felt that sharing my cheater experience with you could be cool for people who are interesting in knowing more about the "why do they do that".

The fact that you suck at games and feel the need to cheat is not a revelation. I believe that most script kiddies lack the skill or the patience to actually become good at something and require instant gratification, as that's the way a lot of spoiled little kids are brought up like these days. Constant positive reinforcement and "participation awards" for losers have led kids to believe that the world owes them something. I've witnessed these kids cheat in every game I've ever played, because if they aren't the best, everyone else must be cheating.

I was a private tutor to a kid once. A nice little 11 year old. He studied hard, had to be the best in his class, was doted on by his parents. He was fascinated that his "teacher" was into CS and played competitively. He started playing CS to impress me I believe. Within a week, I walked in on one of his gaming sessions and he was cheating, wallhack, aimbot, the works. He couldn't understand what he was doing was wrong. Everyone else was better than him, so they "must" have been cheating. He just couldn't understand that there was something he sucked at. Every cheater that I encounter always brings me back to that little kid. Normal people don't cheat. If they get bored with a game, or don't like a game, they stop playing it. Cheating, regardless of your age, shows a high level of immaturity. Go find another hobby, because if you suck at video games and/or don't want to put in the time to get good at them, you are no better than a little 11 year old who believes the world revolves around him.

• Like 5

I strongly doubt this guy never fucked over other players.

Anyway, someone failed to grasp the concept of this game, bought it without researching, and then had to cheat because he couldn't figure out how to report bugs or avoid them. Zombies never hit me through walls, I never get killed by doors, I don't fall, ladders don't kill me... the only thing that kills me is hacking twats that attempt to justify their abuse of the game with sob stories.

Thank god douches are getting banned. Maybe if enough of these guys get booted we can get back to playing the game.

IF YOU ARE BORED WITH THE GAME THEN DON'T FUCKING PLAY IT.

This.

I can't believe the amount of people in this thread saying they don't mind hackers.. there is no such thing as a "good hacker"

anyone that just spawns in gear is getting an AS50, ghillie, M4A1 CCO SD, M9SD, NVG etc and having an instant advantage over the legit guy who has spent half an hour finding a winchester and beans.

Just because you don't thunderdome dosn't mean you aren't ruining the game for everyone.

Just to point out a few things:

- I never said I suxed at this game, compared to some other games I played with, this one is rather easy (bugs apart) once you figure out a few things (loot spots, evading zombies). Indeed, in the end I could avoid quite all the bugs, but you always get owned by a bug in this alpha mod in the end, no matter what.

- I don't look for excuses, I am not blaming myself, I am not blaming the game, I completely accept my fate which was expected since the very first time I used the first script. I was just stating how it felt : alpha. And I went on the behavior of any alpha player could go: testing scripts and glitches instead of taking it too seriously as if it was a finished product. Some people just go PvP endgame, I went on the cheating side. Another experience, another pleasure (felt a bit like GMod), I still never looked to ruin others people fun in the way they wanted to play their game.

- I am not that much a script kiddie, because I reviewed the source code of the cheats I used to understand how the DLL injection in the game could bypass the client-side (lol) BattleEye script execution prevention mechanism, and I also rewrote part of the scripts I used. Also, I agree that hackers are not cheaters, being a former hacker myself. Hate seeing the word "hacker" used for "cheaters". Here, I cheated.

My single hope with that post is that you could figure out that not everything is black & white: there are shades of grey. Reading some posts, obviously people find it easier to think black & white only, maybe it makes their life more comfortable :-)

Edited by Thadeum

Hello guys,

I bought the game one week ago, and today I have been global banned for cheating on DayZ (I bought Arma II just for this)

I remember my first two days, when I was proning in fear of zombies, and made my way through cities always proned and crouching/walking.

Then I understood that running and losing zombies through houses was much more easy and fast, but less fun. Still, the most efficient solution to both get the loots and run away from snipers.

Then I got killed by doors, bushes, falling 2 meters high, losing my backpack stuff when trying to move items, being completely glitched-stuck on invisible vehicles when disconnecting on real ones, or just losing stuff in tents or on the ground...

Then I got killed by hackers and lame players just shooting players on sight, even when I said on mic that I was friendly (and really was).

Then zombies started to attack me by going through walls, barricades, teleporting left and right, and so on.

I also had graphical artifacts bugs which really trashed my game experience (and yes I did the no multithread config in nVidia settings). By reading the official forums here I understood that the game devs were not interacting with the community whatsoever, and found it really shameful considering some indie devs regularly post and replies on their own forums.

After 4 days of DayZ, the thrilling gameplay experience I had vanished into thin air, considering the amount of issues that just break it, players behaviors included.

I was bored of dying for no reason whatsoever, bored of having poor feedback about next coming patches, and regretted that the game role play experience was so poor. If only zombies were able to catch you and you needed help from another survivor (Left4Dead gameplay mechanic is really good on that topic), this would have drastically change the gameplay and players behavior.

Cheating felt to me like the normal thing to get the things in balance with the alpha mod (I know it's alpha, so why would anyone care of cheats? I don't know, this is not clear... You yell "it's alpha, it's a test" and scream like babies when someone cheats to push the game to its corners)

As some people stated, the game just ended in another PvP Online Shooter. End game, nothing to do. I would have taken great pleasure to repair vehicles, but I quite never found vehicles, except on some unpopulated servers, making the use of vehicles really poor (they ended hidden in woods, used as storage facilities when switching servers).

This is when I started cheating. It was really fun to transform some servers into a sandbox where I could spawn choppers and whatever guns I liked. Note that I never used the scripts to kill players, thunderdome or other bullshits like this (never used godlike except once to try to save me from bleeding after an heli crash) and used unpopulated servers. Ruining others experience is not my kind. I silently geared myself up, and moved on other servers without killing anyone.

I also geared all my friends and we just had fun shooting each other without looking to break the gameplay of others.

After that, my goal was to try some roleplay, like taking players in hostages, but no matter what it always ended in dumb gunfights. The side channel removed made this even worst, as interactions with other players was made very poor.

On my way to cheat, I made a few manipulation mistakes that probably got me banned (or I executed the wrong scripts, I don't know, but it is obviously due to records in the hive database and not on immediate software detection).

The 25$ Arma II Combined OPS costed me was worth it. I had a great experience for the first three days of DayZ, and I already bought games that price that never delivered me the experience I had.

Even banned, I did not see my money as wasted money.

I will wait for the standalone to get out, if it's better than the doubtful-promised "The War Z" I will get it.

I know what you guys will write : "bye bye, won't regret you", or "you got what you deserve punk", but I felt that sharing my cheater experience with you could be cool for people who are interesting in knowing more about the "why do they do that".

Still I regret nothing and will move on to other games, waiting the standalone to find you there :-)

A well thought post, all I can say. And I can understand why you did what you did, in the last 2 sessions I played, I have encountered 3 cheaters which were not as friendly as you..

If you did it on your own private server, I would applaud you, as modding is hacking in a way. But you are messing with other peoples stuff, nothing grey about that. If someone busted into your house for a glass of water, but took nothing else would you be ok with that? I doubt it.

Cheating felt to me like the normal thing to get the things in balance with the alpha mod (I know it's alpha, so why would anyone care of cheats? I don't know, this is not clear... You yell "it's alpha, it's a test" and scream like babies when someone cheats to push the game to its corners)

I sympathize with a lot of what you said, but this one quote kind of irked me. Just because It's in Alpha doesn't mean you should cheat, or that cheating is any less bad. Regardless of how you feel, what you did effected other people, the servers you cheated on, when you "spawn" vehicles, it can teleport peoples already existined and hidden vehicles directly to you. You ran a script, and didn't even know the full effect of it, you only saw the results... Also, when you silently gear up and move to other servers, let's say a bandit comes upon you after you're geared up, the Bandit Vs Survivor aspect is part of this game, regardless of whether you consider it lame, if there was no Pvp it takes a certain risk aspect away from the game, making it more lame. Now, as I was trying to say, you geared up silently then went to other servers, now let's say someone legitimately tried to hunt you down after you geared up, the player would be Pvping, but he wouldn't be cheating, and his chances of taking you out would be drastically reduced due to your hacked gear. I've only ever found a Gps, NightVision and a few of those other nice goodies off of dead bodies, never found them along the NW Airfield or other military area's... It's hard to gather up the amount of gear that a hacker can just script into the game in an instance, and regardless of how you feel it gave you an unfair advantage over other players...

Honestly though, you should have given the game more time. I've been here for a few weeks now, and even though I've experienced many of the same things as you, random glitches, zombies going through walls, doors, and all other varieties of bullshit, even through all that I'm still having fun, and you know what, I really doubt I'd be having much fun at all if I could just get exactly what I wanted when I wanted it. Part of the replay value of this game is dealing with all the shit and still persevering. I'm incredibly fast at gearing up now, I know most of the routes to take from any given spawn point in order to gear up fastest and get on my way. I found a Ural Civilian truck the other week and fixed it up, and as you said used it as storage in the wilderness mostly, but how is that a negative thing? Having that storage space added immensely to the continuity of the game, allows you to store a lot more and actually get a feeling of progress...

Honestly, I think you jumped the gun in cheating, and while many things frustrate me about this game, it's getting past that frustration and just learning the ins and outs of the game that I find the most entertaining.

• Like 1

My single hope with that post is that you could figure out that not everything is black & white: there are shades of grey. Reading some posts, obviously people find it easier to think black & white only, maybe it makes their life more comfortable :-)

The funny part is that you seem to be trying really hard to justify yourself to others who you made the game worse for. Your actions were selfish and self-centered and the only ones who will think you were justified in them are the equally selfish and self-centred, only them. Maybe that makes your life more comfortable knowing that others have as low standards for themselves as you do for yourself though :-)

6/10 for the troll though, I did try to counter-troll here afterall.

- I am not that much a script kiddie, because I reviewed the source code of the cheats I used to understand how the DLL injection in the game could bypass the client-side (lol) BattleEye script execution prevention mechanism, and I also rewrote part of the scripts I used. Also, I agree that hackers are not cheaters, being a former hacker myself. Hate seeing the word "hacker" used for "cheaters". Here, I cheated.

The term Hacker was appropriated by the media in the 90s to replace "Malicious Cracker" because some idiots out there would see the word "cracker" as derogatory and possibly racist. Ever since then, the word Hacker has, in about 95% of cases, meant exactly what we're all referring to.... Honestly, I hate seeing people try and mince words. The point is you maliciously altered code in a multiplayer game and it effected other people regardless of how you feel... This isn't a case of black, white, and grey, you are most definitely within the black shade of things here. It's not about being comfortable, It's simply that from the vast majority of peoples perspectives you're wrong. lol.

If you were, for instance, constantly invisible, and avoided any contact with anyone, even your 'friends', and you didn't teleport vehicles around, then I could agree that you were in the grey area, and there are others that would still disagree because even those scripts cause server stress and give admins extra work if they are in fact being diligent. ( I ran into an invisible hacker the other day who and I'm not shitting y'all complimented me for being a 'true survivor' the guy had helped me fix up a truck I found, I thought there was just a random glitch because the truck had been missing quite a few parts, and when I came back to it literally two minutes later it was completely fixed up, wasn't full of gas but still had a quarter tank, and it was the Ural Civilian, lots of fuel space etc... The spoke to me about 45 minutes after I found the truck, told me he helped me fix it up and the bit about the true survivor thing, and then nothing. Didn't hear a word out of him afterwards, didn't see him... He was causing server stress by teleporting around and remaining invisible, but that's one of the only examples I could see as being grey. ) At the same time it gave ME an unfair advantage, as I didn't have to spend the half hour it probably would have taken me to fix the truck up...

So yeah, It's not a matter of black white and grey, but more about how any little thing you do can effect other people, and if you're effecting other people that's unfair and well, bad.

Also, regardless of it being Alpha, it's still a MMO in a sense. You're in a glitchy world, sure, test things out.... but everyone else is in the same environment, and this is the game we have to play, we shouldn't have to deal with other people 'testing' things.

One last thing, as far as the argument about alpha being allowed to test things, first of all, these scripts you're using, THEY KNOW ABOUT THEM. You're not HELPING them figure ANYTHING out. At ALL. Seriously. BattleEye exists because this is a mod, the DayZ devolopers have no control over a lot of aspects of the original Arma game, which is where a lot of these scripts target. You're using a bypasser program, essentially wasting the time of the people who are trying to fix things.... You're not helping in any way shape or form, you're simply dragging things down as far as development goes... They try and block access to these scripts, and people like you find ways around their blocks. Thus "Bypasser programs".

Edited by Hysterics

Nobody realizes that YOU assholes did this to them...they got sick of you, so they cheated. You know who you are. You caused this.

Which makes me wonder: Why is everyone glad to see him banned when they are the cause? Nonsensical.

well fuck you for trying to take the intellectual high ground, you think you're a shade of grey but you are as black and white as they come.. nothing but a dirty script kiddie cheater

you are the reason we can't have nice things

I don't see why this is such a problem. He is not going around shooting noobs from a helicopter, he is playing the game how he most enjoys it without ruining the experience for anyone else. The level of dumbfuckery in communities like these is what drives people to cheat, anyway. I did the same thing on a previous account, and made the game that much more fun for people by flying around giving people lifts in a Huey. It isn't people like Thadeum that ruin this game, but you all hear "hacker" or "cheater" and suddenly it's a shitfit ragestorm of hate and you bunch them all together into the thunderdomers and teleporters.

• Like 1

Very true. Too much time gets wasted trying to fill in holes they know are there to keep the non skiddies happy. It takes time from development and other important issues.

I don't see why this is such a problem. He is not going around shooting noobs from a helicopter, he is playing the game how he most enjoys it without ruining the experience for anyone else. The level of dumbfuckery in communities like these is what drives people to cheat, anyway. I did the same thing on a previous account, and made the game that much more fun for people by flying around giving people lifts in a Huey. It isn't people like Thadeum that ruin this game, but you all hear "hacker" or "cheater" and suddenly it's a shitfit ragestorm of hate and you bunch them all together into the thunderdomers and teleporters.

Sorry you can't wrap your head around these people causing issues, but there's a huge amount of people hacking items into the game, extra ammo, guns, that wouldn't exist without those scripts. I've found stashes of gear I could tell weren't legit, and it's really hard to say no to that... And he even admitted to teleporting vehicles around, as I've said before most of the time nowadays when people use scripts to get vehicles, they're teleporting an already existing vehicle or causing one to spawn at their spawn locations and teleporting that to them, depriving legitimate players of the fun that is finding random vehicles and fixing them up... The list goes on, server stablility, BattleEye wastes their time dealing with people like him instead of ThunderDomers because they have to deal with everything that comes their way, it's just how it works... Server admins have to clean up the messes they make...

Anyways. I'm done here lol. I'm hoping this guy isn't just some fucking troll, maybe some logic will hit him eventually, who knows...

Also he said he gave his mates gear, who knows exactly what they did with it? lol...

Edited by Hysterics

if i dont like, or cant learn to play game i just leave it. cheating in game so that i become better is stupid thing. especialy in dayz where nobody see who killed him and how much kills someone have. sry, but that is bullshit.

what do you expect from standalone version ? new game ? no it will be 90% same as now. If they dont change zombies this will be just another FPS with zombies to give you reason to play even on non populated servers. Other than that there will be allways ppl who will rather kill others and nobody will ever make "friends" on map.

#1 reason people hack is because they are bad players and sore losers and when someone kills them they get pissed and want to hack and get thier revenege on everyone. Glade to see this clown banned. If only the other five thousand hackers got banned.

Nobody realizes that YOU assholes did this to them...they got sick of you, so they cheated. You know who you are. You caused this.

Which makes me wonder: Why is everyone glad to see him banned when they are the cause? Nonsensical.

I like how you ended that post with nonsensical, because that's about all that I got from your post... Wtf do you even mean?

Nobody (as in no one) realizes that you (who?) did this (what?) to them (again WHO?!) they got sick of you(WHO?!?) so they cheated. You know who you( omg who? ) are. You ( Seriously.. who..? ) caused this.

Which makes me wonder: Why is everyone (Us?) glad to see him banned when they(US?!?) are the cause? Nonsensical.

So basically we made him cheat, because we told him cheating is bad.

Sounds legit.

Or are you trying to say Us, as in the community, caused him to cheat? Because a minority of any community defines the community as a whole, right? ( Minority being hackers. )

Fucking ridiculous. I know this is just a video game, and that many children play it, but is that the honest to god sort of logic that your brain runs off? Scary shit...

If you're trying to say that we're all just bitter pricks, and THAT drove him to cheat, well you're full of shit as well because no one forces anyone to download a few scripts, download a BattlEye bypasser, and start to spawn shit. It's a personal decision.

If this guy hadn't been banned, he probably would have got bored of being in the 'grey' area, and he would have pushed it further and further, as he said he even used godmode once. He was once happy playing the game by itself, got bored within a few days and couldn't deal with the shit that EVERY OTHER person deals with in this game, so he decides to start cheating. Whose to say he would have remained entertained while cheating and being nice, maybe a week or two down the line, after having spawned every and any item he wanted, every vehicle he felt like toying with, he would have gotten bored and decided that the vast majority of people out there are just douches that shoot first, he's pretty much said he feels that way anyways, so the next step would simply be to justify killing them, which considering it only took him three or four days to justify cheating........... Nuff said. I don't trust people like that. Grow a pair and play the game like everyone else does and like it's intended to be played, or gtfo. Or get banned, hmmm nevermind.

Edited by Hysterics

Opposed to the screaming majority of the forum population, I support this person.

Another reason for Rocket to think about permitting private Hive servers and supporting them, permitting people to play sandbox if they desire.

Trying to force people into playing a game the way you intended does NOT work and trying to do so will always result in the creaton of modifications, hacks and similar stuff.

• Like 1

Bad players resort into hacking to make up for thier lack of skill in a game. Same reason alot of pro athletes resort to steriods, Peds, and so on.

• Like 1