Thadeum

Today I have been legitimally global banned for cheating

Well, even something like spawning in a vehicle is going to have an effect on your environment. Even if it was a busted one that needed repairs, you were artificially increasing demand for vehicle components, perhaps actively going out looting player camps or industrial sites which other players (with legit vehicles) also would have been looking for. For example, imagine a group needing a windowscreen for their legit car, which you took to repair yours. Seems minor, but they now have to keep looking, might even have died trying. In a roundabout way, it would be kind of your fault they were in that position.

Even the smallest things can change your environment, and thus the interactions other players have with it also.

Yeah, except that I never used the scripts on populated servers because I really wanted to keep low-profile. In fact I used severly outdated and unpopulated servers (just a few remaining) if you want to know it all.

Yeah, except that I never used the scripts on populated servers because I really wanted to keep low-profile. In fact I used severly outdated and unpopulated servers (just a few remaining) if you want to know it all.

Why not just play left 4 dead? DayZ is probably just not the experience you're after.

You would still have had some effect on those in the unpopulated servers though. Screwing over 10 people (accidentally or not) rather than screwing over 50 still leaves you screwing over 10 people.

i think the main difference between cheaters and legitimate players is a lack of patience

You would still have had some effect on those in the unpopulated servers though. Screwing over 10 people (accidentally or not) rather than screwing over 50 still leaves you screwing over 10 people.

10 people is not unpopulated. What I called unpopulated was an average of 2 or 3 players on night servers; if not zero most of the time.

Edited by Thadeum

Why not just play left 4 dead? DayZ is probably just not the experience you're after.

Made my 400 hours on L4D and L4D2, cannot master the game more and moved on other games a while ago. Still, there are many things DayZ can learn from L4D, like how to make players cooperate better.

Edited by Thadeum

10 people is not unpopulated. What I called unpopulated was an average of 2 or 3 players on night servers; if not zero most of the time.

Then you're screwing over 2/3 players then. Point is, you're still potentially screwing someone over by having some sort of illegitimate advantage, so that's why it's not okay.

Edited by Warped_Jack

Then you're screwing over 2/3 players then. Point is, you're still potentially screwing someone over by having some sort of illegitimate advantage, so that's why it's not okay.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Even if they were there, I did not interact with them. As stated, I just silently geared myself up, and spawned some choppers for fun.

Hello guys,

I bought the game one week ago, and today I have been global banned for cheating on DayZ (I bought Arma II just for this)

I remember my first two days, when I was proning in fear of zombies, and made my way through cities always proned and crouching/walking.

Then I understood that running and losing zombies through houses was much more easy and fast, but less fun. Still, the most efficient solution to both get the loots and run away from snipers.

Then I got killed by doors, bushes, falling 2 meters high, losing my backpack stuff when trying to move items, being completely glitched-stuck on invisible vehicles when disconnecting on real ones, or just losing stuff in tents or on the ground...

Then I got killed by hackers and lame players just shooting players on sight, even when I said on mic that I was friendly (and really was).

Then zombies started to attack me by going through walls, barricades, teleporting left and right, and so on.

I also had graphical artifacts bugs which really trashed my game experience (and yes I did the no multithread config in nVidia settings). By reading the official forums here I understood that the game devs were not interacting with the community whatsoever, and found it really shameful considering some indie devs regularly post and replies on their own forums.

After 4 days of DayZ, the thrilling gameplay experience I had vanished into thin air, considering the amount of issues that just break it, players behaviors included.

I was bored of dying for no reason whatsoever, bored of having poor feedback about next coming patches, and regretted that the game role play experience was so poor. If only zombies were able to catch you and you needed help from another survivor (Left4Dead gameplay mechanic is really good on that topic), this would have drastically change the gameplay and players behavior.

Cheating felt to me like the normal thing to get the things in balance with the alpha mod (I know it's alpha, so why would anyone care of cheats? I don't know, this is not clear... You yell "it's alpha, it's a test" and scream like babies when someone cheats to push the game to its corners)

As some people stated, the game just ended in another PvP Online Shooter. End game, nothing to do. I would have taken great pleasure to repair vehicles, but I quite never found vehicles, except on some unpopulated servers, making the use of vehicles really poor (they ended hidden in woods, used as storage facilities when switching servers).

This is when I started cheating. It was really fun to transform some servers into a sandbox where I could spawn choppers and whatever guns I liked. Note that I never used the scripts to kill players, thunderdome or other bullshits like this (never used godlike except once to try to save me from bleeding after an heli crash) and used unpopulated servers. Ruining others experience is not my kind. I silently geared myself up, and moved on other servers without killing anyone.

I also geared all my friends and we just had fun shooting each other without looking to break the gameplay of others.

After that, my goal was to try some roleplay, like taking players in hostages, but no matter what it always ended in dumb gunfights. The side channel removed made this even worst, as interactions with other players was made very poor.

On my way to cheat, I made a few manipulation mistakes that probably got me banned (or I executed the wrong scripts, I don't know, but it is obviously due to records in the hive database and not on immediate software detection).

The 25$ Arma II Combined OPS costed me was worth it. I had a great experience for the first three days of DayZ, and I already bought games that price that never delivered me the experience I had.

Even banned, I did not see my money as wasted money.

I will wait for the standalone to get out, if it's better than the doubtful-promised "The War Z" I will get it.

I know what you guys will write : "bye bye, won't regret you", or "you got what you deserve punk", but I felt that sharing my cheater experience with you could be cool for people who are interesting in knowing more about the "why do they do that".

Still I regret nothing and will move on to other games, waiting the standalone to find you there :-)

I find it funny that after only a week, you turn to hacking because of whatever unjust or whatever reason. I've been playing this mod for about 3 months, i've done everything you could possible do in this game, lone wolf it, find a group, repair vehicles, roam around searching for shit in large groups, even help start one of the most successful trading posts Freeside Trading, and i've seen it all from constant battle loggers and scripters, and i still to this day have never considered hacking, after 1 week thats what you do? you ruined your own gaming experience and the experience of others because you had a bad week. Please do not come to the standalone, you will have another bad week and then decide to hack again, i hope the global bans carry over to the standalone.

As has been pointed out you could have done that in ARMA you know the game you paid for. You wouldn't have even had to cheat to do it.

• Like 1

tl;dr

You're all stupid for responding to this person who thinks that DayZ should be like BF3 with perfect vehicles spawning left and right and you spawn with weapons right away.

I find it funny that after only a week, you turn to hacking because of whatever unjust or whatever reason. I've been playing this mod for about 3 months, i've done everything you could possible do in this game, lone wolf it, find a group, repair vehicles, roam around searching for shit in large groups, even help start one of the most successful trading posts Freeside Trading, and i've seen it all from constant battle loggers and scripters, and i still to this day have never considered hacking, after 1 week thats what you do? you ruined your own gaming experience and the experience of others because you had a bad week. Please do not come to the standalone, you will have another bad week and then decide to hack again, i hope the global bans carry over to the standalone.

Global ban won't follow anyone. In fact it is allowed for a cheater to be given a second chance, that's why I am already back in game with a new OA freshly and honestly paid CD Key. Still I am out of cheating. I wanted to give it a try, that's all, I am not a cheating addict.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Even if they were there, I did not interact with them. As stated, I just silently geared myself up, and spawned some choppers for fun.

As has been pointed out you could have done that in ARMA you know the game you paid for. You wouldn't have even had to cheat to do it.

This ^^

Open up Arma OA, play on Armex. It's basically a free roam with a bunch of vehicles you can mess around with. With friends as well if you wish.

Can't believe the amount of "likes" the OP's post has, unless they are ironic or some thing...

The guy turns to cheating because he is bored? really? Spoilied brat mentality if you ask me. You could of had all the same "Fun" you had with your dumb cheat just by playing the game you ACTUALLY bought...Arma2...

You want props just 'cause you come on here all opera winfery, telling truths? Please...

Cheaters and hackers are scum....even if you don't do anything malicious you are still promoting something negative.

I had a "good" hacker spawn next to me once and ask me what weapons I wanted...I bet he was "bored" too and just having "fun". But he ruined my game as I couldnt trust him and had to Alt F4 to avoid him.

No form of cheating online with other players is acceptable to me,

Good ridance.

• Like 3

This guy has made i valueble point the majoritity of dayz scripters, hack not because they want to cheat but, because the game had messed them about with stupid glitchs and such.

once the games problems have been resovled i can imagine a Huge drop in the amount of modders/hackers.

We all experience bugs, this is a mod! What did you expect? You're an idiot! You bought Arma, not DayZ.

Should we fell sorry for you?

Burn in hell, cheating scum. I hope your PC dies, so you can't play any other online game ever again...

Edited by TSAndrey

Can't believe the amount of "likes" the OP's post has, unless they are ironic or some thing...

The guy turns to cheating because he is bored? really? Spoilied brat mentality if you ask me. You could of had all the same "Fun" you had with your dumb cheat just by playing the game you ACTUALLY bought...Arma2...

You want props just 'cause you come on here all opera winfery, telling truths? Please...

Cheaters and hackers are scum....even if you don't do anything malicious you are still promoting something negative.

I had a "good" hacker spawn next to me once and ask me what weapons I wanted...I bet he was "bored" too and just having "fun". But he ruined my game as I couldnt trust him and had to Alt F4 to avoid him.

Good ridance.

Personally, because I agree with the idea of a free-mode (or rather, "dick about" mode) would be something nice to see included. While the mod as it is now is amazing, a consequence-free playaround bit would be nice as well, to chill out if you feel like it. It needn't have any effect on hive characters or other players.

Not condoning it, but can see some reason behind it.

Edited by Warped_Jack
  • Like 1

Good ridance.

Aw, another butt hurt player. I think people have a tendency of getting too caught up in games and this is why babies like you cry all the time. The Op clearly stated why he hacked. It's not a common thing for you to even see this. He admitted to doing it and accepted his global ban, which is unlike other hackers. Do you have a g/f? Just curious. Because if you are this mad at a game hacker, I can't imagine you in real life. Once again, this is not me standing up for him, but since you sound like you are personally attacking everybody who liked his status, I will personally attack you. So, with my final closing statement. Go outside, get a g/f, go to work, etc etc and get over it that a guy admitted to hacking. Acting like hackers are "scum" because they get bored with a game, I mean come on. I bet if you met them in real life you would be like "oh your so gay, you hack at a game..So cool bro, so cool." But probably in a more jackass way...

Good day, sir.

Aw, another butt hurt player. I think people have a tendency of getting too caught up in games and this is why babies like you cry all the time. The Op clearly stated why he hacked. It's not a common thing for you to even see this. He admitted to doing it and accepted his global ban, which is unlike other hackers. Do you have a g/f? Just curious. Because if you are this mad at a game hacker, I can't imagine you in real life. Once again, this is not me standing up for him, but since you sound like you are personally attacking everybody who liked his status, I will personally attack you. So, with my final closing statement. Go outside, get a g/f, go to work, etc etc and get over it that a guy admitted to hacking. Acting like hackers are "scum" because they get bored with a game, I mean come on. I bet if you met them in real life you would be like "oh your so gay, you hack at a game..So cool bro, so cool." But probably in a more jackass way...

Good day, sir.

You failed, sir. The guy never said that hackers are scum because they got bored of the game! Hackers are scum CAUSE THEY RUIN THE GAME FOR OTHER PLAYERS! Honestly, I hope every cheater dies in a painfull death. Atleast those that buy private hacks and use them just to piss of people.

It's different to hack in a game like BF3, but in DayZ it's just incredibly douchy!

I had a similar experience but didn't stoop to your level of giving up, cheating and ruining the experience of others.

You made a decision and faced the consequences. You deserved to be banned and will deserve to be banmned form the stadalone if this side of you shows again once the game is released and still has some bugs.

No sympathy for you.

You don't have to play if you don't want to. But instead, you took it upon yourself to cheat to "even the balance." Which is a shitty way of looking at it. You basically ruined other peoples fun because you are horrible at the the game. Then, justify it with some lame excuses stating that it's broken so why don't we fix it with scripts of our own.

Is that basically the jist, OP? Seems like it. Fuck off!

• Like 1

You failed, sir. The guy never said that hackers are scum because they got bored of the game! Hackers are scum CAUSE THEY RUIN THE GAME FOR OTHER PLAYERS! Honestly, I hope every cheater dies in a painfull death. Atleast those that buy private hacks and use them just to piss of people.

It's different to hack in a game like BF3, but in DayZ it's just incredibly douchy!

Lol, of all the points to try and argue with me on, you pick the least logical. Me saying the guy hacked due to boredom doesn't matter. I used that as a general statement. Learn comprehension.

He admitted to doing it and accepted his global ban, which is unlike other hackers.

LOL, what choice do other banned hackers have than accept their global ban? Coming on here and writing an essay trying to justify your actions by boredom doesn't make you any less of an asshole in my book. So he was bored and started taking players in hostages but still didn't like it because for some reason it ended in "dumb gunfights". Yeah, doesn't look like he interacted with other players at all. But hey, it's fine, he admitted it and accepted his ban. Let's all give him beans for that.

I strongly doubt this guy never fucked over other players.

Anyway, someone failed to grasp the concept of this game, bought it without researching, and then had to cheat because he couldn't figure out how to report bugs or avoid them. Zombies never hit me through walls, I never get killed by doors, I don't fall, ladders don't kill me... the only thing that kills me is hacking twats that attempt to justify their abuse of the game with sob stories.

Thank god douches are getting banned. Maybe if enough of these guys get booted we can get back to playing the game.

Well then you're a special little snowflake there Abe Froman.

I have had several bones broken thanks to doors, I've been killed through the back of the barracks at the NW airfield thanks to clipping zeds, slid off a roof and died. It's annoying, but I realize they're bugs.

Since the artifiacting, I've just given up. I feel like everything is stepping backwards instead of forward.