samatra

[1.7.2] DayZ loot cheat sheet

I'd love to see about 5x as many spawn points with a MUCH more random distribution between them. As someone else said wrecked vehicles could be a source for *something* and every town, village and farm should be worth taking the chance to explore it. The fact that most experienced players know the airfield is THE place to go for top shelf gear speaks volumes about random placement.

Again, part of being an experienced player is simply knowing which buildings are enterable and which are not... which are worth risking zombie-itis on a search and which are not. More low level gear/food/water around more buildings would help curb the experienced player advantage (as far as searching goes) and be more realistic at the same time.

(Why isn't there a usable water well in every town, village and farm?)

I'd prefer it if the same weapon/gear was almost never found in the same exact location. This would also help control get loot/disconnect/join other server/get more of the same loot, rinse and repeat.

Thank you uberhen, also i do believe there should be more military weapons that can be found in towns and stuff. It really sucks when you travel 3-4 hours to the NW Airfield, get your military gear and then someone snipes you.

Somewhere along the lines it seems that people forgot that you can go through this entire game in the post apocalyptic world with just the makarov you spawn with. The residential gear is perfectly adequate for any and everyone.

Military gear to me seems to exist for the competitive element between the survivors, and for diversity. With the military gear it is very easy to get ahead of your fellow survivors.

Honestly the best gear I've found was from killing bandits.

And the spawn locations for the military gear make sense, they spawn at you know, military facilities, also it's not a privilege to get the military gear to be ahead of everyone else, it's a treat. That's what the percentages are so low, if gear such as nightvision and the like were common i'm sure this game would get real boring real fast.

One of the most enjoyable things about this game to me is the attention to time detail, the game is not meant to be played in 3 hours, it can be if you are reckless but there's a real treat to living 5, 10 days+ that really makes the game shine. Increasing spawns would also increase the speed of the game, which I for one would say is counter productive.

I decided to not to update table for 1.5.5 update since the only change is that Tank Traps cannot be found in Industrial buildings anymore.

I think vehicles would make this a little less of an issue as we wouldn't all be made to feel like we need to hike an hour down the coast. Are those planned in the near future?

Awesome mod, btw.

I'd love to see about 5x as many spawn points with a MUCH more random distribution between them. As someone else said wrecked vehicles could be a source for *something* and every town' date=' village and farm should be worth taking the chance to explore it. The fact that most experienced players know the airfield is THE place to go for top shelf gear speaks volumes about random placement.

Again, part of being an experienced player is simply knowing which buildings are enterable and which are not... which are worth risking zombie-itis on a search and which are not. More low level gear/food/water around more buildings would help curb the experienced player advantage (as far as searching goes) and be more realistic at the same time.

(Why isn't there a usable water well in every town, village and farm?)

I'd prefer it if the same weapon/gear was almost never found in the same exact location. This would also help control get loot/disconnect/join other server/get more of the same loot, rinse and repeat.

[/quote']

Agreed.

Updated to 1.5.6

New loot class HeliCrash added which features new unique guns

Updated to 1.5.6

New loot class HeliCrash added which features new unique guns

Are you going to update the link?

Is there really no chance of SVD ammo spawning without finding another SVD? I'll have to find something else :(

SVD ammo spawns in the cans of sniper ammo that can spawn in barracks (just like the nato ammo cans, or pact ammo cans, but full of sniper ammos)

Make it so that the extremely high end gear that spawns in barracks also spawns in deer stands all over the map. From the cheat sheet certain stuff (NVG, some silenced weapons) doesn't spawn in deer stands.

Just give me somewhere else to go that isn't NW airfield.

I think it's important not to trivialize the survival aspect.

DayZ has many paralels to mmos, just look at the termonology: PvP, rarespawns, farming, welfare epics, mankriks wife ect. I consider DayZ to be an mini-mmo(mmmo). I'd hate to see DayZ make some of the same mistakes Blizzard did with wow, were every player expect to find a minimum amount of loot in every village or demand a car at level 10 and a chopper at level 20.

If you up the precentages on even basic beans and pepsi, before too long, noone is desperately starving or being forced to conserve their last rounds for their makarovs. If you're not struggeling/fighting to survive, what's the purpose of a survival game?

Vehicle availability is also something that can trivialize Chernarus' great distances, if everyone have easy access to bikes, skodas and choppers, reaching the northern parts wont seem like much an achievment, unless you count getting slowed down by traffic in the rushhour or getting into a fistfight with a roadraging soccermom.

DayZ is appealing because it's challenging to survive, because all zombie encounters have an element of unpredictability, all player encounters have an element of mistrust and because sometimes even the best geared bandit has to open his last can in a desolated area.

Using the spawn loot tables, I threw together a quick script and highlighted the base map spawn locations. Enjoy.

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/user_pictures/1222038073/gallery_525_36_53913.gif

Brown = Buildings that provide no loot, but still spawn Zeds.

Black = Residences & Churches

Green = Barns

Blue = Industrial

Orange= Military (including all deer stands)

Red = Hospitals

Yellow = Spawn Points (Ignore the dot in center)

Need to increase the rarity as stated before, there should be more people running around with scrub weapons rather than hundreds of people armed with top shelf US military hardware. Oh and give me an SKS :P

I think that most of the "high end loot" should probably be moved to the side mission questing area thingy that Rocket is gonna implement, and make radios a bit easier to find, then you have the option of going and getting it, and deciding if you want to take the risk of meeting all the other players there.

Wait, helicopter crashes spawn high tier loot? Damn, I've found two of them and I was given no option to check for loot. I just got in the gunner's seat and the game killed me. :[

I think it's important not to trivialize the survival aspect.

This exactly. Everyone in this thread whining about the spawn rates and locations is playing the wrong game, go pick up Dead Rising, it'll lovingly stroke you and kiss you goodnight.

I think they should just nerf the Airfield and Military base drop rates.

*puts on flame suite*

No. They need to change the spawns a bit more, so things are more spread out. They started doing it, which is good, but it's still a tad too concentrated.

imo spawns should be changed some more and not actually shown in a pic, let the people find them by themselfs, it's better when it's a mystery. Like, I expect to find good gear at the airport without having to read a sheet or whatever :P Also good thing that pic didn't load for me "Unable to connect".

What'd be great is to have random sheets you can find in game telling you info about good spots for loot, like left by "dead survivors" for their friends. Would make it interesting, quest like.

I never see anything at all at the helicopter crashes

Crashed choppers are bugged right now, loot gets instantly cleared after it was created because there are no survivors around.