samatra

[1.7.2] DayZ loot cheat sheet

So what's the point in trying to exploring the map, the different towns if you know you won't be able to progress anymore.

E.x.a.c.t.l.y

The problem is that, with probabilities so low, your only chance to have really nice gear is to camp the airfields/military bases.

x2

so you want it to be easy to get good military gear?

No. I want diversity for christ sake, not this fucking airfield airfield airfield run all the time.

If you're well organized' date=' it is.

The problem is that, apart from the airfield and the military bases (and the corpses of other players), you will never find something really valuable by sheer luck (even if it is a one in a million probability) according to this sheet.

So what's the point in trying to exploring the map, the different towns if you know you won't be able to progress anymore.

[/quote']

This is what makes playing a bit demotivating.

good thing he is wrong? deer stands are all over the map, they have 2 loot spawns in them and can spawn military gear

So what's the point in trying to exploring the map' date=' the different towns if you know you won't be able to progress anymore.[/quote']

E.x.a.c.t.l.y

so you want it to be easy to get good military gear?

No. I want diversity for christ sake, not this fucking airfield airfield airfield run all the time.

but your diversity is what? adding more spawns? and by doing that you make it easier

How would changing loot values fix this? If anything, making military loot more abundant would EXACERBATE the issue. There would be even LESS incentive to trek anywhere, you could just step into Kamenka and find a good rifle.

good thing he is wrong? deer stands are all over the map' date=' they have 2 loot spawns in them and can spawn military gear

[/quote']

Yes, but with probabilities so low it's not even worth it to give it a try.

I found a car and i went to 10 deerstands. Best gear i've found ? Mags. That's it.

You'll have to go to a insane amount of deer stand, or camp one till its spawns reset, to have decent gear.

So, again, you had to EXPLORE?

I really don't understand how increasing loot values changes anything for the better!

Yes' date=' but with probabilities so low it's not even worth it to give it a shot.

I found a car and i went to 10 deerstands. Best gear i've found ? Mags. That's it.

You'll have to go to a insane amount of deer stand, or camp one till its spawns reset, to have decent gear.

[/quote']

well i guess we disagree on how common military gear should be

I think here is the point.

Residential locations have like a .00001% chance of spawning 'quality gear'.

Im assuming just raising it a bit would be an okay compromise. I have searched almost every residential building on the map and have never seen military gear, as others have said as well. So while there is a chance, it is so infinitely small that it might as well never happen.

well i guess we disagree on how common military gear should be

I don't want military gear to be a common loot, but a possible loot. If you have a chance to get something even if it is very low, you will go there. That's the same for the villages. If you know there might be something interesting, you'll want to give it a try, and even if you didn't find anything, it was another way to spend time.

It's just that right now, there is only a few places you want to go. Most of the inland towns are just forgotten.

All i say is, we should find a way to make them more interesting than they are now in their own way.

Actually, inland towns are perfect for going to on the way to the northern areas for supplies. You don't go there to get military gear, you go there ON THE WAY to get military gear.

good thing he is wrong? deer stands are all over the map' date=' they have 2 loot spawns in them and can spawn military gear

[/quote']

Yes, but with probabilities so low it's not even worth it to give it a try.

I found a suppressed M9 and a mini UZI in some before. The deer stands have some good stuff, but they only have 2 spots in them that spawn loot and the GOOD stuff is pretty rare.

In my brief experience with this game, I've found the following good sources of good gear:

* NW airfield

Lots of hangars, control tower and a fire station. Plenty of loot, but very exposed. Lots of players competing over the resources. No hospital nearby.

* Stary Sobor

Military camp. Lots of good loot, but plenty of players competing over the resources.

* Balota airstrip.

Small military camp, hangars. Fairly exposed, and close to new players spawns.

* Chernogorsk

Large town, has hospital, fire station, church, plenty of other good buildings. Is often camped by organized gangs.

* Elektrozavodsk.

Large town, has hospital, fire station, church, plenty of other good buildings. Is often camped by organized gangs.

* NE airstrip

Few hangars. Can spawn good loot, but is remote. May have less competition due to its isolated position.

* Berezino

Has hospital, church, other good buildings. Somewhat remote and good buildings are far apart.

* Pallidum

50% chance of spawning good military loot. 50% of spawning Makarov and beans. Can usually be found dead on the ground below tall roofs (good chance of good loot), running along shorelines (bad chance of good loot) or in the middle of open fields. Large chance of huge number of zombies spawning nearby.

These are just the places I've found good loot. I'm sure there's plenty of other locations as well.

Also folks, it's alpha. Loot spawn *locations* are a content issue :) Tier'd loot spawn system is confirmed but not a priority as the current one pretty much works. But more diversity isn't really an issue that needs to be dealt with right now, but soon! Content will roll in slowly as the updates allow, but I won't release new content and sites unless there has been a critical change in that file for some other reason. So content updates will be periodic.

The only thing I strive for right now is more variety in guns. I've seen everything, the only reason why I check barracks now is to get additional Nightvisions for our group in case somebody dies. I would LOVE to see at least a 1 new gun each update, also as I suggested in Skype it might be an idea to make some guns seasonal - add it during one update, remove on other update. Guns not only kill zombies, but also provide you esthetical pleasure from using them, that's why I love and want variety.

Stuff like wrecked, desolate UAZs or supply trucks could have stuff like half buried supply crates near them that would contain a small amount of ammo and/or weapons.

It would drive players inland and make them explore, maybe even stop the coastal bean war.

I don't get it. Winchester with binoculars, or M4 ACOG with a grenade launcher and rangefinders, you die all the same.

If you're no good, no amount of top tier military gear will help you. On the flipside, someone who's decent at shooting in this game will have no trouble blasting a small group of tricked out survivors with said Winchester.

If anything, this is Zombie Survival, not the Cold War. There 'shouldn't' be groups of paramilitary survivors running everywhere, and it shouldn't be easily obtainable in the first place. And when you actually do find that military grade sniper rifle, or a heavy machine gun, you will be that much more in awe in its presence.

What does however need a boost, is vehicles. Zombies don't eat cars, and this sure isn't a nuclear holocaust, why are there so many wrecks?

I would much rather not see ANY military grade equipment spawn in empty buildings, random towers in the forest etc. too easy to get. playing around, not doing anything serious I managed to hoard a whole arsenal of shit (3 SMGs (2 silenced), 4 carbines and 3 rifles) with at least 2 magazines for each.

this game can be a walk in the park for some. I'd love for the cool stuff to be really hard to get (not based on random chance of finding, but on the difficulty of a task you have to undertake in order to procure a good weapon)

I don't get it. Winchester with binoculars' date=' or M4 ACOG with a grenade launcher and rangefinders, you die all the same.

If you're no good, no amount of top tier military gear will help you. On the flipside, someone who's decent at shooting in this game will have no trouble blasting a small group of tricked out survivors with said Winchester.

If anything, this is Zombie Survival, not the Cold War. There 'shouldn't' be groups of paramilitary survivors running everywhere, and it shouldn't be easily obtainable in the first place. And when you actually do find that military grade sniper rifle, or a heavy machine gun, you will be that much more in awe in its presence.

What does however need a boost, is vehicles. Zombies don't eat cars, and this sure isn't a nuclear holocaust, why are there so many wrecks?

[/quote']

Well, with the winchester its hard to eliminate targets up to 150 meters, if not impossible. While you shoot maybe 1-2 rounds at the target with enfield or shotgun for example, the guy with AKM/M16 will put multiple rounds in you. The gear does matter, especially in urban combat.

Also i dont think there are heavy machine guns in Day z.

I don't get it. Winchester with binoculars' date=' or M4 ACOG with a grenade launcher and rangefinders, you die all the same.

[/quote']

Well, with the winchester its hard to eliminate targets up to 150 meters, if not impossible. While you shoot maybe 1-2 rounds at the target with enfield or shotgun for example, the guy with AKM/M16 will put multiple rounds in you. The gear does matter, especially in urban combat.

Enfields are easily accurate up to 400+ meters. Winchesters are accurate up to 250+ meters easily.

Learn to aim without scopes. Seriously :D

[/quote']

Enfields are easily accurate up to 400+ meters. Winchesters are accurate up to 250+ meters easily.

Learn to aim without scopes. Seriously :D

Well, i didnt mean that enfields arent accurate to +150 meters, they are. The difference is that rapid fire make you go down, for cover. Ive noticed that the Winchester slugs have a huge drop after 150-200 meters (which is logical though).

Winchester w/ slugs is not accurate up to 250m "easily". One of the first things we tested was shooting the winchester slugs on an airfield at increments.

If you were lucky enough to hit someone @ 250m it took several hits to take them down.

Well' date=' i didnt mean that enfields arent accurate to +150 meters, they are. The difference is that rapid fire make you go down, for cover. Ive noticed that the Winchester slugs have a huge drop after 150-200 meters (which is logical though).

[/quote']

I can't speak for the Winchester at range, but the Enfield is often a one-shot one-kill weapon.

The thing is, don't try to snipe a running target. Wait for them to stop, then you take the shot. If you do it right, you take it down with a single shot, no rapid fire required.

Find target with AK-74 or M4A3, carefully set up on target, kill target, take their weapon. Done.

I say make the military guns MUCH rarer and make the likelihood of ammo spawning where the guns do MUCH smaller as well. More utility equipment at mil bases along with the decreased gun/ammo spawns.

Force bandits to roam through towns or trade survivor groups if they want ammo for their m16/mp5/ak74.

I must say I normally come back from scouting 7-8 deer stands with some kind of basic mil gear. AKM/AK47/M16/M4.

I explored. I didn't run to NW airfield for teh loots. Don't punish me for avoiding the high PvP areas to get my loot. Time = effort in this game. Time camping/going to spawn locations. before that cheat sheet I learned them by trial and error.