DonkiiPuncH

Hackers are ruining this game

As the title suggests, hackers are ruining this game. Now yes, I know its still a work in progress so to speak, but it seems that surely more can be done to stop these sad people who ruin hours of work getting ourselves kitted up legitimatly, by teleporting you somewhere so they can execute you, or dropping everyone on the server from the sky for fun or making themselves invincible while they run around you, taunting you, while you shoot at them in vain for no effect. In the last week I have been killed half a dozen times and all bar one was thanks to a hacker altering the game. The only time I have been legitimatly killed was after getting into a firefight in a supermarket. All the others have come from a hacker teleporting me to a place of their choosing so they can execute me. One even sang "Hey, I just met you, And this is crazy, But I'm a hacker, And this is DayZ!" while he executed everyone on the server. Shows how little they care.

I guess what I want to ask is there anyway of knowing who is doing it? How can we report them? Why can't the game say "BLAHBLAH" killed you if you are murdered, so that if it is from hacking we can report them so that we can weed them out of the community. I dont care about dying in this game too much, as long as it's a legit kill, someone hunts me down or whatever thats fine, but the cheating is too rampant now. It take hours to get going properly and to have it ruined by some smart arse who understands coding or whatever better than I do is wrecking the experience.

For the record I play on the NZ servers. NZ 06 is the worst of the lot and I wouldnt recommend playing on that server ever. A message comes up on your screen saying "One of these days Alice, POW! Right to the moon!" and then you fall from the sky.

I guess the final thought here is simply, BattleEye is a joke.

TL;DR

Yes, we all know about the sob story everyone has about their own "unique" hacker experience. There are a lot of script kiddies out there, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

"As the title suggests, hackers are ruining this game. Now yes, I know its still a work in progress so to speak, but it seems that surely more can be done to stop these sad people who ruin hours of work..."

Even if the mod was finished, it wouldn't have any less hackers.

The mod, Rocket or his team cannot do anything about the hackers. It's impossible. The end.

I could be wrong but I've updated my arma2 version and only join servers with the same and everytime someone trys teleporting or hacks it kicks them and tells u in the chat in the right of the screen. What I'm asking is if the server ur playing on is the latest update of arma2 they can't hack it?? Thanks for feed back. I've have not been in a hacked server for 3 days since update and really enjoying playing ????

I could be wrong but I've updated my arma2 version and only join servers with the same and everytime someone trys teleporting or hacks it kicks them and tells u in the chat in the right of the screen. What I'm asking is if the server ur playing on is the latest update of arma2 they can't hack it?? Thanks for feed back. I've have not been in a hacked server for 3 days since update and really enjoying playing ������

If a game or a mod does as little as EXIST, it can be hacked. There is no way in this world that anyone could create something that was 100% unhackable. It can be made hard, but never impossible. Especially in the case of ARMA 2 and BattleEye. Both of them have such deep flaws that "hackers" can use as simple things as scripts to hack in the game. They don't need any fancy .dll files or third-party hack programs.

Ah fair enough it was more me clinging on to hope! Well it has def been quiet on the hacking side as far as the server I've been using but won't hold my breath. Just goes to show how enjoyable and how good this mod is when it's running kind of smoothly I no it has flaws but no means least it's a great concept and really fun to play!

Spam posts like this are ruining the forum. Use the search button and add to one of the other 100,000 similar threads.

• Like 1

The problem is not a real hacker, the problem is that every littlebrainkid can copy and paste the scripts. The mass of them is the only problem, you'll have real hackers hack everything. It's like selling alcohol, you can't stop it and kids will always get hands on it.

• Like 2

I never cared about hackers until the day I logged onto a server where I saw a minimum of 5 hackers in 2 mins, moved server, another hacker, moved server, another hacker.

This went on for about a week.

Not playing the game any more; Worthless really. I don't care if I lose gear, I care if I lose my experience. The endless dread, the constant worry. I've lost it all because I go into the game knowing in all likelihood I will be killed by a hacker.

Takistan life is where I reside now. I came back to attempt the new hotfix. I sure as hell like the fact there's no artifa... Oh, never mind. Guess I'll wait for the standalone.

oh so that explains my past deaths I'll have to remember that word.. "hacker"

• Like 1

Well good gosh. We almost made it one full page before some clown who can't use the search function made another fucking thread of this crap. PS: It's not hacking, it's scripting. Hacking takes a little bit of knowledge in what you're doing, scripting requires you to pay for someone elses work to look like you know what you're doing.

Wow sorry for wanting to vent. Can't believe what jerks some people are. But I hope it made you all feel better to jump on me for wanting to express myself. Fyi, i'm not a technical computer person. I enjoy games, point and shoot, thats about as technical as I get. Lol at me if you like but no I didn't know the difference between hacking and scripting. My purpose here was to start a conversation with people who were equally as frustrated as I am by the level of "scripting" going on. Instead I get chewed out as though I'm one of these ppl abusing the system. Patrick you probably put it the best, the experience has been ruined. I guess that was the point I wanted to get across. And yes I could have search another thread and added to that, but I wanted people to engage in a conversation with me, not add to another. I wasn't hurting anybody by posting but a few of you just can't pass up the opportunity to attack someone, so I hope you feel better for your contribution. Have a nice day!

• Like 3

Wow sorry for wanting to vent. Can't believe what jerks some people are.

Bear in mind: Many forum posters here are hackers/scripters in-game. If you are expecting to get sympathy from them, it's not going to happen.

It's kinda ironic that you're venting here about hackers when many of the people reading your thread are likewise hacking the game.

You might as well go to a Democratic forum and whine about Obama. You'll get the same negative response.

Yeah fair call. I guess I had hoped that people would come into this thread and share their frustrations. That'll learn me for believing that the powers of the internet could be used for good. I was just quite blown away by how ppl just want to attack you when you just want to let off some steam and engage others who have likewise feelings on the subject. Live & Learn...

• Like 1

I never cared about hackers until the day I logged onto a server where I saw a minimum of 5 hackers in 2 mins, moved server, another hacker, moved server, another hacker.

This went on for about a week.

Not playing the game any more; Worthless really. I don't care if I lose gear, I care if I lose my experience. The endless dread, the constant worry. I've lost it all because I go into the game knowing in all likelihood I will be killed by a hacker.

Takistan life is where I reside now. I came back to attempt the new hotfix. I sure as hell like the fact there's no artifa... Oh, never mind. Guess I'll wait for the standalone.

Takistan Life has it's own hacks too. Just might not be so obvious is all.

If a game or a mod does as little as EXIST, it can be hacked. There is no way in this world that anyone could create something that was 100% unhackable.

2 Words... Dead Frontier

I've seen enough hackers already. That's why I just stick to finding a hatchet and running to major cities and doing circles around people and kill them. It's pretty funny most people can't keep up for some reason. I'll wait til the standalone to play this seriously though....

Yeah fair call. I guess I had hoped that people would come into this thread and share their frustrations. That'll learn me for believing that the powers of the internet could be used for good. I was just quite blown away by how ppl just want to attack you when you just want to let off some steam and engage others who have likewise feelings on the subject. Live & Learn...

Don't take it personally and I apologise if my first post seemed a little harsh. I understand your frustration, I play DayZ too. The problem is that for at least a week, literally every other thread has had the same title as yours. Every poster wants to start their own debate or vent on the same topic and instead of adding to other posts they start a "new" thread.

I'm not brushing the issue under the carpet or disagreeing with you it's just that these countless threads are clogging up the forum.

Don't take it personally and I apologise if my first post seemed a little harsh. I understand your frustration, I play DayZ too. The problem is that for at least a week, literally every other thread has had the same title as yours. Every poster wants to start their own debate or vent on the same topic and instead of adding to other posts they start a "new" thread.

I'm not brushing the issue under the carpet or disagreeing with you it's just that these countless threads are clogging up the forum.

Ohh sorry about that mr admin, but people like me spend hours (3 yesterday) going through server logs for a 4 hour period in our server, a total of 21 people got banned. In that 4 hour period 67 different people visited + played on the server. TWENTY ONE people got banned out of a possible 67 players. So you see mr forum policeman its only fair that people can come here and create 10,000 posts of anger/disappointment/frustration. Scripters have ruined this game, less than half the normal amount of people now play, and thus the ratio of hackers : normal players has gotten worse. We all see next to no effort from dev team to sort the issue. Admins on servers have no reliable way to detect these guys, we used to be able to estimate players positions and if they move 5 kilometers in a 1 minute period then its clear they teleported and thus banned. Thanks for changing this in the last update so now theres NO WAY to check this. Dev team TAKES away methods of detection in a game plagued by cheats. GG man, job well done.

People will post here, they have a right to. Get used to it!!!

• Like 1

Hopefully all this will be dealt with when the standalone gets released. Unfortunately with the amount of hackers/scripters running around it makes it almost impossible to play without the fear of losing it all. This has put me off playing as much as I did which is a serious problem for other players in the same boat. I know its alpha and arma can be easily scripted but my hope is these plugs can be filled before the release.

Ohh sorry about that mr admin, but people like me spend hours (3 yesterday) going through server logs for a 4 hour period in our server, a total of 21 people got banned. In that 4 hour period 67 different people visited + played on the server. TWENTY ONE people got banned out of a possible 67 players. So you see mr forum policeman its only fair that people can come here and create 10,000 posts of anger/disappointment/frustration. Scripters have ruined this game, less than half the normal amount of people now play, and thus the ratio of hackers : normal players has gotten worse. We all see next to no effort from dev team to sort the issue. Admins on servers have no reliable way to detect these guys, we used to be able to estimate players positions and if they move 5 kilometers in a 1 minute period then its clear they teleported and thus banned. Thanks for changing this in the last update so now theres NO WAY to check this. Dev team TAKES away methods of detection in a game plagued by cheats. GG man, job well done.

People will post here, they have a right to. Get used to it!!!

Chill out dude. I wasn't telling anyone how to post, I was just offering my opinion, just like everyone else.

Hell, I am starting to get used to hackers... its the tents / vehicles not saving that piss me off more than the hackers.... although its close for a tie

Can we possibly use the correct term for this - CHEATERS not hackers. Big difference.

Cracking is something you did back in the late 80s and 90s to get the password to your school's computer to change your grade.

Hacking is breaking into the schools computer via outside the school to change your grade.

Cheating is copying your neighbors test answers.

Cheaters are cheaters, get it right! blah

Can we possibly use the correct term for this - CHEATERS not hackers. Big difference.

Cracking is something you did back in the late 80s and 90s to get the password to your school's computer to change your grade.

Hacking is breaking into the schools computer via outside the school to change your grade.

Cheating is copying your neighbors test answers.

Cheaters are cheaters, get it right! blah

Or scripters ^_^

It take hours to get going properly and to have it ruined by some smart arse who understands coding or whatever better than I do is wrecking the experience.

You don't even need to understand codeing to much all you need is to know what program to download and the codes for the weapons,teleporting, etc. and I totally understand how that feels, I an As50 before i can even take single shot with it I was instantly Teleportated to the and while he killed everyone the hacker was freaking 10 or 12 years old and he was laughing like an idiot fucking scriptkitties are ruining this game, oh and don't join a server called US 1960 that is a freaking hackers paradise not even funny, our camp was ruined by a hacker by running it over with a vehicle, getting teleportated to the sky and being dropped the second i got my stuff back another hacker teleportated everyone in the server and dropped everyone, Yet the admins take it I saw the admin on the server only thing he did was restart the server.... For what ever good that did. I saw him in cherno, told him to find the hackers and report and ban them you have admin powers for fuck sake and you can see thier names by scrolling your mouse. Than he bans me OHH ya fuck US 1960

Edited by Nwoswat