ElRolle

DayZRP.com - role playing servers [DayZRP Mod|Roleplaying|Events|Strict Whitelist|Player Camps|Trade Post]

This is the best server I've played on. It's exactly how DayZ felt right when it was new.

When DayZ first came out, it was about surviving the zombie apocalypse with the major theme of what happens to social interactions in this situation. It was useful to have friends, so you'd hardly ever be shot on sight - you could walk up to people and introduce yourself. Often you'd be threatened or shot at, and/or the introductions would take place from behind cover, but people did actually talk to strangers.

DayZ as it is now, has devolved into Arma 2 deathmatch (with zombies). Maybe that's the point though -- that this is exactly how society would collapse over time... The game is a social experiment I guess, and the way that the DayZ "society" has changed over time is the results of that experiment...

Anyway, in the RP environment, it's allowed me to again capture that feeling of experiencing DayZ for the first time. In a few hours of playing, I've seen a man fall to his death and be eaten, grouped up with another wounded survivor (who I healed and armed), been chased out of town by Z's, saved by a clan who gave me the location of the HQ if I want to meet them later, swarmed by Z's in another town and 'rescued' by guys in a flatbed truck who then nearly robbed me for my CZ, jumped from a moving truck and hid in a forest, etc...

All of these events were way more interesting than being long-range sniped in Cherno for no reason.

Edited by ActionMan

DayZRP is the place to be!

I can honestly say that since I've been playing DayZRP I haven't once played the standard DayZ mod. Why? Because I got bored and fed up of being killed on sight constantly, I'm the sort of player that enjoys interacting with others, especially for things like robberies. How many can say they've successfully robbed or been robbed from in the standard DayZ with no one being killed? Not many, I tell you that.

DayZRP is great for interacting with others, being that with robberies, camp fires with a little sing song or just simply bumping into someone in Cherno.

DayZRP gives a real feel for a zombie infested world, you can treat it as a real adventure with your day to day struggle with attempting to survive the world it has now become.

What are you waiting for? Sign up and get white-listed today. www.dayzrp.com

I'm currently in the process of getting whitelisted on DayZRP right now.

It consists of both a friendly community and a lot of cool people. While I haven't gotten to play yet, I've watched quite a few videos and can tell that this is one of the best DayZ communities out there. You won't find any of the things that happen on DayZRP on any other server. My only complaint is that the whitelisting takes a bit of time. I'll update this post later on with my experiences.

New DayZRP version released - 1.2.2 fixes the bugs from previous versions and adds a few tweaks.

The DayZRP team recently set up a temporary (~3 hours) server to host a special PvE event, where the many clans on the server put aside their PvP grudges to defend against a horde of many thousand zombies :D

really enjoying the mod and server the whole community is great and the kill on sight bandits are gone which makes this even better

thanks Rolle keep up the great work  :)

As of today, DayZRP 1.3.0 has been released!

• [NEW] DayZ 1.8.0.1 base, including most fixes and features
  • [FIXED] Code cleanup for better performance
  • [FIXED] Multiple donation exchange skins fixed
  • [FIXED] Multiple new public player camps added, old camps improved
  • [FIXED] Loot tables redone from scratch, everything is more rare now, especially military gear and accessories like NVG and GPS
  • [NEW] New random spawn locations - you now spawn all over the map, not just on the coast
  • [NEW] New skinpack - UK special forces

More changes can be found here: http://www.dayzrp.com/changelog.php

The server underwent tons of rule-changes lately!

We now allow clans to make player camps, the so-called "settlements". Here are some examples:

kLaPZZx.jpg

B53rspA.jpg

10021823974_1c33b77687_o.png

Yes, these player camps are made by the community! By you!

Be sure to check this thread for more information regarding settlements: http://www.dayzrp.com/f-settlements

We also have some great text-based roleplay on the forums, in the form of journals!

Here is a great example of an amazing roleplay journal, made by one of our staff members: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-dr-elissa-s-journal

The rules have been updated quite a bit!

Check them out here: http://www.dayzrp.com/rules.php

Are you sick of getting KoS'd in DayZ? Want to try something different, something with a little more depth? Interested in clan warfare or roleplay with actual character-development? Whitelist now!

Whitelisting can be done here: http://www.dayzrp.com/whitelist.php

Please note that at the moment, it might take a while for you to get whitelisted. The better your application is, the sooner it will get looked at. Donating helps to get you up in the line, but is discouraged in case your application gets rejected.

This server is amazing when it comes to having a great role-play experience and enjoying the cold apocalyptic atmosphere of Chernarus. 

It's by far the best DayZ server I have played on. It's loaded with custom content as seen above in the new DayzRP patch and is full with culture due to it's variety of player based groups. If someone were new to DayZ and asked for my personal server preference, I would definitely recommend this one. It honestly has the greatest community and content to date.

It's been a quality experience so far, and I look forward to playing through the rest of my Dayz.

If anyone has any questions about DayZRP, feel free to ask here and I will answer them as soon as possible!

Edited by Gijs

New patch is live.

Recent changelogs:

2013/10/09

DayZRP mod 1.3.0.1

• [NEW] DayZ 1.8.0.2 base, including most fixes and features
  • [FIXED] Some skins spawn with GPS and other tools
  • [FIXED] Loot spawn rates rebalanced
  • [FIXED] Loot spawning underground and in the air
  • [FIXED] Server kicks for picking up certain items
  • [FIXED] Possible improvement on the delay on certain actions like refuelling and repairing vehicles, picking up items etc
  • [FIXED] Endless zombie and loot spawns, loot refresh timer increased
  • [FIXED] Female skins with no textures
  • [FIXED] Time/day cycle switching all of a sudden
  • [FIXED] Rebalanced backpacks:
  • Civilian:
    Czech Vest Pouch - 6 slots
    Patrol Pack (coyote) - 10 slots
    ALICE Pack - 14 slots
    British Assault Pack - 18 slots
    LEN backpacks - 22 slots

Military:
    Assault Pack (ACU) - 12 slots
    Survival ACU - 16 slots
    Czech Backpack - 20 slots
    Coyote Backpack - 24 slots

2013/10/07

DayZRP mod 1.3.0

• [NEW] DayZ 1.8.0.1 base, including most fixes and features
  • [FIXED] Code cleanup for better performance
  • [FIXED] Multiple donation exchange skins fixed
  • [FIXED] Multiple new public player camps added, old camps improved
  • [FIXED] Loot tables redone from scratch, everything is more rare now, especially military gear and accessories like NVG and GPS
  • [NEW] New random spawn locations - you now spawn all over the map, not just on the coast
  • [NEW] New skinpack - UK special forces

Bump, updated the thread with new information, a lot of changes, we are still very much alive. :)

See FRANKIEonPCin1080p and PsiSyndicate play DayZRP on recent patch:

We have a new DayZRP patch 1.4.0 coming shortly which will introduce all the features from the latest DayZ 1.8.2 patch. Soon!