ElRolle

DayZRP.com - role playing servers [DayZRP Mod|Roleplaying|Events|Strict Whitelist|Player Camps|Trade Post]

Interesting concept for server. Adding more interaction between players is always good thing. Of course many instashooters won't like it but then they don't have to play there :D Gotta try this too.

I'm also interested about the psychopath -option - direct comm range is like less than 100m? Or does it work like if there is 2 bandits (1 sniper, 1 close guy) the close guy asks survivor "give me your stuff or die" and survivor doesn't give his stuff so then sniper just drops that guy and its ok? :D

Edited by Caine

Sounds interisting! I just registered and will give your server a try this evening or tomorrow!

Any news on how the anti-KoSsystem works?

From the server forum:

Killing other players is ONLY allowed in following situations:

- You are being shot at

- You are being attacked/robbed/kidnapped by a bandit

- You are a bandit and the person you are trying to rob/kidnap is trying to escape

- Another player is stealing your items/vehicles

Edited by ScottyTheEngineer

I play on this server and recommended to my friends and everyone loved it, Dayz is played like before the fame, it's easy to make friends with other players and is no longer a COD on a big map, wish it had a command to surrender, for example "hands up"

And thanks to Dayz Team for allowing new ideis based on private servers can be discussed here, excuse my poor english.

Take it outside, you two.

OT:

Any news on how the anti-KoSsystem works?

The rules are not perfect, but essentially this is how it works right now: there has to be some kind of player interaction between the players before a hostile action can be taken. Simple "hello, *shoots*" won't be accepted. This is after all a roleplaying server, you have to roleplay as a bandit - you can rob your offer from his gear and then do whatever you want with him. Many new people that come to the server complain about being killed by legit bandits, because they thought any kind of killing is forbidden.

As of now the rules are enforced by looking at player data, server log and the what the involved players tell us. It's not perfect, and a few innocent people have been banned (to be unbanned shortly after). I am trying to implement a script that will show who killed who in the near future which will make it easier to pinpoint the abusers.

Great server! Rolle is doing a good job maintaining the server and banning people for breaking the server rules daily. The server is currently being maintained and both the server and website is down. But I bet it will be up in less than a few hours.

I have to try this out, hope the server and website comes up soon. i have been waiting for something like this

The rules have been slightly changed, to prevent abuse and going around the rules in some specific cases.

Good server, because we all know if you dont team up.. You find an M14 AIM at balota, then get falcon punched from a fresh spawn behind you and thats that pretty much. Game over man, game over ; ;

Questions regarding the donations. What vehicles are available? Just in game DayZ ones or other Arma 2 ones?

Just checked the site out and It looks superb, you even spend time clearing away old tents, fencing and traps!

Good work, I will check your server out sometime.

Killing other players is ONLY allowed in following situations:

- You are being shot at

- You are being attacked/robbed/kidnapped by a bandit

- You are a bandit and the person you are trying to rob/kidnap is trying to escape

- Another player is stealing your items/vehicles

How are you randomly being shot at if people are following the rules below that?

Lot's of changes since the original post:

- Whitelist implemented, now you have to apply in order to join the server. We've had 1 hacker in the last 2 weeks.

- RP1 and RP2 are running on the same HIVE - you can join any of them and play your character. Players ghosting will be banned.

- Some weapons removed, some added. Removed AS50 and L85, added Saiga, RPK, AK107 and MakarovSD.

- Custom built Trading Post created, acts as a safe zone and social/trading hub for players.

- Stability changes and optimizations to the server code.

- 800 whitelisted users, #9 DayZ server on GameTracker!

Edited by Rolle

After playing on this server for a few weeks, this is the only server I play on now.

1. The admins actually do something about the hackers

2. Cheaters get banned

3. The community is really awesome, even rival factions are usually civil.

This is the best private server I've found. Period

How are you randomly being shot at if people are following the rules below that?

You are a bandit that sneaks close to a survivor and hides behind bushes. You command that survivor to drop all his stuff. The guy notices where you are (direct communication is directional) and shoots you. You are behind cover, so he misses. You're free to kill him then.

Noone breaks the rules, the survivor is being robbed/kidnapped. The bandit is being shot at.

Other outcome of the same encounter can be that the survivor gets scared and tries to run. The bandit can then shoot.

A great server, definetaly! Been playing for a good 4 months on DayZ RP now, and I've never had as much fun in DayZ!

There really isn't anything else to say, mostly mature people who seek to cooperate in one way or another instead of just blowing eachother's heads off.

I barely play main hive servers anymore since I keep getting killed straight after spawning.

Love the Server! Best Server I've ever played on! Free from the Script Kiddies and Hackers. Better than any public server :)

Thx Rolle

RvL MyStiKzZ

A great server

for you guys that didn't like being shot for no reason

This server is for you!

Bandit now need to work!!

not so easy like in other server(see someone running,shot him!!)

need anyhelp?need some blood or some taxi service?

we got that for you!

Come and Try it yourself!

It is a great server!!

New, improved Trade Post is under construction and the new cars will be added shortly to the spawn list!

• Like 1

As i said before, really nice server!

Whit the Trading Post and the new cars going in its gonna be epic. That together whit the removed weapeons/new ones gonna be so great!

Connection issues, omw from work now, will update on the status later on.

this is a great server, one of the best ive played on since dayz started. nothing but wounderfull encounters with both bandits and survivors alike. lots of fun to be had, people act like its hard to roleplay (just do what youd do if something like this happend in real life).

well ill see you on the server