abnormalweeny

Would you Abort if in Danger of death?

Who the fuck snipes in Berezino?

* Who the fuck even goes to Berezino?

But yes, I abort if a hacker comes along. (Especially when they summon everyone)

Other than that, really, no. There are multiple times where I have been in the forest, suddenly I break my leg from proning over a stone (that should be fixed by now), or some other situation where it's just me and a buddy or two in the forest all alone and I end up bleeding and/or becoming unconscious. Where I am not able to bandage myself, I often bleed out rather than alt+f4 and wait for them to locate where I am.

I hid my bus north of Berezino thinking who goes there..So I am hoping that I am correct in thinking that haha.

I have never once had the thought of combat logging. It is a cheap and unsportsmanlike way of preventing death. This includes server hopping. If I had a gun to my head while being robbed, I am glad to to welcome the bullet to the head. If I am getting shot at by someone from a distance, I am going to fight back. If, by any negative possibility, I cross paths with a player, I am going to negotiate. Preforming such acts are unfair and childish.

I can't tell you how many people have logged out or even alt + f4'd right before I finish them off. It's annoying as fuck and really pathetic.

The "danger" in the game is what makes the game so fun for me. The two guys who brought me to the game, taught me to abort from the get go.. Finally I told them we aren't even playing the game if we keep disconnecting. Haven't done it since.

• Like 1

Honestly if I was in your situation and a sniper was firing at me ....I would definitely think about it. If I had absolutely no idea where the shots were coming from and I had no way of getting out, then I would have probably aborted.....I'm not losing all my gear to somebody I can't even see. However, if it says was just some guy with an M4A1 or AKM and I could at least see him and get to adequate cover I would engage him to either his death or my death.

That's my take on it. Come at me haters

Edit #1: Forgot to mention. Good question OP it is definitely a very controversial topic. I had a good time reading through the posts

So you combat log unless the situation is the situation you like. What if the dude is sniping at you with a silenced gun from 50 metres away where you cant see him. You log ? wtf.

Not losing your gear to someone you cant see..are you sure you are in the right game man ??

Come at me haters..aint hating..just dude..really ?

I hid my bus north of Berezino thinking who goes there..So I am hoping that I am correct in thinking that haha.

Plenty go to Berezino :) ..shops, apartments, hospital, military tents, deer stands no snipers living on the hills , a short jog to the airfield..why the fuk would you want to hang around Cherno and its surrounds when Berezino has so much more to offer ? Maybe i should keep my trap shut ;)

• Like 1

So you combat log unless the situation is the situation you like. What if the dude is sniping at you with a silenced gun from 50 metres away where you cant see him. You log ? wtf.

Not losing your gear to someone you cant see..are you sure you are in the right game man ??

Come at me haters..aint hating..just dude..really ?

I'm just being smart about it, regardless if I fall under the category of a coward. If I'm crossing an open field and I notice a some dude in a ghillie suit with an M107 just 400M out why should I stay and die? It's not like I would have anything he wants (got this game Sunday) and I would lose days of progress just so maybe he could snag my beans. But, if I'm say in Elektro and I'm getting in a firefight with some other dude that isn't all the way across the city taking shots at me with a sniper, then ye I will fight him. Call me a coward if you want I just prefer to not feel like I had wasted the previous 10 hours trying to get gear.

Using your example above of the Ghillie dude..rush that motherfucker zagging like a freak with your hatchet out ..pop shots at him, going by the amount of people that seem to think logging is ok he will probably bail anyway. It is after all only gear that you can get again, but knowing that you bested the fucker or at least gave it a shot is a game moment you dont get if you log. Dying with gear is clearly a different game emotion but to me it is still better than running scared because of some loot you have acquired.

• Like 1

I use to abort once in awhile when I first started, but now it's just part of the game. Never abort in a firefight, it's just a sad thing to do. I only do it if a hacker is around or I'm loading into a spot and there's that brief moment of hearing whats around you, such as either gun fire or flies, and then I'll disconnect. Only real times I'd disconnect other than having glitches or just leaving.

Geez guys, there is no need to insult the guy's friend so heavily, even if he is very very wrong. It sounds like they are both relatively new to the game.

To answer the OP's question, no. You NEVER EVER ABORT in the middle of danger with a few rare exceptions.

Exceptions:

1. Hackers: They are breaking the rules themselves, you are within your right to GTFO anyway you can.

2. Game bugs: Such as the recent graphics glitch that makes it impossible to see, therefore impossible to run from zombies or fight back against players.

3. Emergency IRL: Dog barfing, wife/mom calling in angry voice, important phone call, etc.

Your friend needs to understand that disconnecting in combat is considered an exploit and on many servers it is an offense people are banned for doing. Welcome to Day Z, you WILL die, you WILL lose your stuff, ALOT. Be it from bugs, other players, hackers, zombies, etc. If he doesn't want to deal with that, then suggest that he should probably find another game to play, one he will enjoy more.

Sidenote: Also alt-f4ing/aborting to deny the guy that killed you a chance to loot your body is also a very dick move.

haha naw im not too new to the game but he just plays in an extremely stand offish fashion like joins 5 pop servers and aborts if he is in any danger

While i am under no risk of being banned because of it, i can only know if i will abort in the danger of death when i'm in the danger of death. Anyone that says that they "would not" is just lying to themselves. There might come a time when you just say "fuck it" and abort, since there are no consequences.

You never know ...

I almost always combat log like a bitch when I'm risking death. It's pointless not to, because everyone with good gear will do it when they are put at a disadvantage.

I hope that combat logging will get fixed as soon as possible, but until then, I'm going to continue doing as everyone else and use every cheap trick in the book to dodge death.

I wonder how many people think like you do. Your not a part of the solution your a part of the problem. Why play DayZ if your going to do this? i don't get it. The tension and fear this game can make you feel is one of its major selling points. your missing out on 90% of what this game has to offer. So you may not survive to see the endgame that has not been made yet. ohnoes!

I was thinking about this the other day, too, when I was suddenly ambushed by snipers while I rushed into the tower of the firestation in Elektro. I managed to hide on the second floor, with bullets flying around me. Moreover I somehow attracted hundreds of Zombies that followed me into the tower. So there I was, dodging the snipers' bullets and piling up zombies. This took me around 10 minutes - but I survived. I enjoyed the silence for another couple of minutes before i decided to log out, after all I thought, the snipers did not manage to finish their job, and therefore it is legit to log out.

Is that considered an exploit or not....i wonder. I could have tried to escape the fire station and then log out....What do you think?

Nah, if you waited a couple minutes, I'd say you were fine, personally.

Could be they were moving in to finish the job, but it's their fault for being bad.

There's only one correct answer...No. You quit out once you quit out again. Just don't do it or you'll end up making a habit of it.

Edited by Monushka
  • Like 1

Hey, if something happens IRL and I have to leave, I'm not gonna give two shits if someone's gonna bitch that they couldn't kill me. I have people to take care of, and IRL > Game

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, though.

Edited by Ipurgepeople

I'm just being smart about it, regardless if I fall under the category of a coward. If I'm crossing an open field and I notice a some dude in a ghillie suit with an M107 just 400M out why should I stay and die?

You are not being smart, you are using an exploit that is considered very much against the rules and, dare I say it, the spirit of DayZ.

In your example quoted above; if you are crossing an open field you deserve to be shot. <insert lecture on use of cover and dead ground here>.

People such as you are very much 'the problem' in this case. Using the weak justification of 'everyone does it so I'll do it' is frankly pathetic. As players we cannot govern how the others act, only how we ourselves act. For some of you that seems to be the hard part.

I unplug my ethernet cable when I play StarCraft 2, lol. I never get a loss

Scum.

I bet you play Terran.

Edited by Red_Sky

I got shot once and was bleeding out. I managed to get away from my attacker, but had no bandages on me. I hid up on a hill waiting for my brother to come and save me, he failed. I literally died while he was bandaging me. I refused to log out and wait till he got there, that is just me though. I do not play the high end game, nor do I have gear attachment.

I use to combat log when I got teleported but it never seemed to help, so I just die instead.

Edited by katniss

I aborted once at the beginning cos in saved in a house and when i logged in the zombies were at me already from outside of the house. I always save in the woods now and never aborted on a firefight.

The rush you get when you survive a near death situation is the best and most rewarding feeling in this game. if you die, well, you just start over again.