Sign in to follow this  
designidea

What Is you'r View on the crossbow?

i guess u havent played online with someone whilst using the crossbow. my friend could hear me shooting mine from downstairs when he was on the 3rd floor of a residential building in cherno. he asked if i was firing, everytime i fired at the zombies. i havent heard what it sounds like someone else myself

the sound isnt realistic either. i could record it for rocket if he likes. its a lot harsher

Well From what i've noticed zombies dont hear it then. I guess players would have to be able to hear it for balancing and all that. Also the hatchet is silent but other players can hear it, so it must only be silent to zombies. (I'm just going off of personal knowledge and the WIKI)

I used crossbow when I started playing this game and it felt like a cool lol but after hatchet was being implemented as a melee weapon I dumped crossbow. Hatchet is now far more superior and you can always put it back to toolbelt so you can have primary weapon with you easily.

If they would implement some attachments, quivers and rewrite the bolt acquiring system then I would consider using crossbow again.

Hatchet seems to have crazy range and the plus side is putting it back on you'r toolbelt but crossbow is ranged so its a trade off.

Regards

Designidea

Well From what i've noticed zombies dont hear it then. I guess players would have to be able to hear it for balancing and all that. Also the hatchet is silent but other players can hear it, so it must only be silent to zombies. (I'm just going off of personal knowledge and the WIKI)

yea true zombies dont agro even firing it close nearby. i wouldnt say they made it so players could hear it for balancing in the sense that crossbow would be overpowered otherwise. its realistic that players can hear it. it should probably be louder, or at least the actual sound of a crossbow firing :)

yea true zombies dont agro even firing it close nearby. i wouldnt say they made it so players could hear it for balancing in the sense that crossbow would be overpowered otherwise. its realistic that players can hear it. it should probably be louder, or at least the actual sound of a crossbow firing :)

Who knows You have to get the balance right, not so loud its overpowered, but too loud and it ruins the silent feel and makes you an easy target. Anyways i'm logging off for the night. Cya

Regards

Designidea

i like crossbow because it actually give me an impression of zombie apocalypse and my favorite Walking Dead character Daryl

It would be my second choice for killing zeds if not for the ammo issue. I mean you can group shot gun shells to save space so why not bolts?

All this talk about different tips, would be cool if there was different types of bolts that you could change out like the shotgun shells, would give it a few more uses, maybe even have a set that is likely to break on use but more damaging for pvp as opposed to the simpler target shooting ones for zombies since they wouldn't break the tips as often.

rofl...so I'm reading this topic thinking I should go get myself killed hunting bandits so I can find a crossbow to use and not feel dumb, when I log in and before it even loads up I see "Sirhc5509 has been killed." and off to the coast I go with no backpack/tools and a ghille on...it's just not the same as a good death...

Edit: 5 mins into new life 12000 blood and a fireaxe, first hit from a zombie breaks my legs....fuck yeah it's gonna be a long crawl to cherno.

Edited by Sirhc5509

Something strange happened when a friend and I tried to hunt animals with the crossbow. Whenever he would kill an animal and I would gut it, neither of us could get the "gear" option to show up.

Something strange happened when a friend and I tried to hunt animals with the crossbow. Whenever he would kill an animal and I would gut it, neither of us could get the "gear" option to show up.

I get that problem most anytime I gut something, try just looking at it and seeing if you can click the mousewheel for the default gear option and it will open after you finish.

To be perfectly honest, it was a great idea. A one hit zombie kill, practically silent, and retrievable arrows? FUCK YEAH!

However, it was not exactly implemented well, as each arrow takes a primary inventory slot, and sometimes zombies can fall on the arrows, making that impossible to get. The iron sight's are also horrible, so it's best to have crosshairs with the crossbow.

In my personal opinion, it would be a useful weapon if it wasn't so undermined.

I would wish for at least a bit more variety in crossbow/bow section of the game, maybe a more advanced crossbow or a compound bow.

This, so much this.

Add a proper sight to it (reflex, reddot, or low zoom scope) and let us carry more then 1 bolt per slot and id use it often til i found a SD weapon. I actually carry one for night town raids when i cant find a higher end weapon.

Field points for zombies. Broad heads for players since they would cause more bleeding. Have them cause major blood loss on par with an enfield.

What is you'r view on the crossbow?

Personally I love it almost as much as I love the lee enfield, Completely no noise and in my opinion useable Iron sights. For me the only downside is the fact 1 bolt takes up a whole slot.

Anyways What are you'r views?

Regards

Designidea

I'll only pick it up if I don't already have another primary. Easily the worst primary. Mainly because of the lack of a quiver, but also that long distance shots are ridiculously difficult.

I really like it, but I hardly ever carry it, since assault rifles are all over the place.

Here's my suggestion

First and foremost, add a quiver. Something that you can attach to yourself and be able to hold 10-15 arrows. Perhaps simply make it like a regular magazine that comes with 15 bolts. You can pick these bolts back up and it will add to the ammo magazine.

Second, add different ammo types.

Add a barbed variant that does loadsa damage

And then, my personal suggestion, add a blunt arrow that will knock a player unconscious instead of killing him

This would encourage non-lethal banditry, as well as being able to defend yourself and not have your humanity take a nose dive.

The crossbow should come with a scope. Something similar to the scope on the crossbow in Killing Floor. Doesn't need to be powerful, but just enough so that it makes aiming much easier. Currently, the aiming is incredibly hard to get right.

Give it proper sights and a quiver and i would definitely use this bad ass weapon.

Give it proper sights and a quiver and i would definitely use this bad ass weapon.

What do you mean proper sights the ones as they are now are fine. I still dont understand the hate towards the sights?

My view is of a 34 degree angle, coming at just as the sun rises on the cornflakes!

• Like 1

Would probably work better if the bolt goes into the zombies inventory rather than having to pick it up and risk losing it if the zombie falls on it.

I think for gameplay purposes it would be better off as a sidearm.

I think it'd be nice if that was included, it'd make It a viable weapon as a substitute for a silenced weapon. I think Rocket should add it as a loot drop that doesnt always spawn with the crossbow.

It should not have to be a loot drop, I can make a usable quiver out of string and just tie my bolts together. I would expect a "Quiver" to be included in standalone on its first build but at the same time I think bolts should be stackable up to around 10 bolts. I mean come on they're about 10mm wide and 250mm long a bunch of 10 including the flights can easily fit into the "bottle pocket" you see on the side of a backpack, why would I need a quiver?

If that is a loot drop that is rare... they've made this game awkward for no reason. "Portable generator in my pockets, no problem... No quiver? sorry mate you can only carry 9."

Crossbow should come with a quiver they shouldn't be separate.

Edited by Mastiff

Your*

Now that's out of the way; I would use it a lot more if it had any sort of sight and a quiver.

The quiver shouldn't even be separate from the bow. I've never seen a cross bow that didn't have one attached to it. It should just be counted as a 4 round magazine for the crossbow.