Sign in to follow this  
designidea

What Is you'r View on the crossbow?

Currently rolling with Crossbow and M9 SD up in Berezino. This place is a ghost town yet it's absolutely full of loot. I've been itching to try the crossbow out against a bandit but I've yet to see one up here. The sights on this thing are - to use Scottish technical lingo - pish. Once you've used it for a while you learn where the zeroing is and you can get headshots on the reg. I went into one of those big blue doored industrial buildings and fired it at the wall until I got a good read on it.

• Like 1

I like it, but I think it could use some improvements. The good thing is that it sounds like they are planned for the future. I think it was the standalone that was going to get the crossbow improvements, but maybe they could do some testing of them in the mod first. It would be nice. The quiver will be great. I don't have a problem finding ammo for crossbows, but the inventory space is something I'm loathe to give up. I have had trouble recovering the bolts. I like the idea of the bolt going directly into a zombie (or player or animal) inventory after being shot, or killed at least. I don't have much of a problem with the sights, but I would prefer it to have something like a red-dot or maybe a lower powered scope, like a 1.5X. Increased range would be nice, too. Nothing dramatic though. I don't want a crossbow that has a 12X scope and one-shots players from a half-mile away. Although, that could be funny in other games. lol

Love it, I always remember where they are located for a pinch situation or if i want some stealth.

The only down side for me was when zombies land funny and eat the bolts. Which can really fuck up a good plan.

However, I accidentally found an "exploit" that solved that problem, not sure if it's been mentioned before:

If you shoot a zombie (or wall sometimes) you get the option to go pick up your bolt (if you are lucky). If you lay prone while picking it up, you do not preform the pick up animation. If you mouse on and off of the bolt quickly, repeatedly retrieving the bolt before it disappears, you can end up with several in your inventory instead of one. Actually you can over extend your inventory by around 4 bolts if you try. (as in, your pack is FULL, but you bolt count continues to rise, as you use them up, the extras will appear in the vacant slots.)

THIS IS NOT A DUPE METHOD! The extra bolts retrieved in this way, vanish if you try to place them in a tent, and usually upon logging out or after some time has passed. I see this more as a means of making up for the lack of quiver, and far to frequent zombie eating your bolt.

I don't support duping or hacking, if mods don't want this posted, feel free to edit or delete my post, I'm not trying to cause trouble.

I'm happy with the crossbow as a weapon, and was disappointed to see how many disregard it.

Edited by Archonic

It is a great stealth weapon. 1 shot kill on Zombies. Quiver will be in standalone. I'l continue to use it in the standalone.

The answer to your question:

What is my view on the crossbow?

When I am looking through a Sniperscope and see your crossbow, my view is very good. And your life will be very short.

If I have to use the crossbow for myself I hate it. The weapon is not good. Ok, it is silent. But it makes no damage, reload time is crap and every bolt takes a place in the backpack = useless.