kreatura (DayZ)

Vehicles.. Lets be honest

Vehicles are ridiculously easy to get. We get them all the time, and then lose them all the time. Use a little thought logic and you'll be able to find the vehicles pretty easily. And when you see a vehicle moving, try to determine where they might be going, and if you have some friends on around the map, let them know you saw a vehicle and to be ready. Depending on the situation it's possible to swipe one from underneath a clans nose. We've done it once before.

It's really easy to find the vehicles..

Oh, yeah?

My friend and I have gone to about 65% of vehicle spawns in Chernarus in the last 2 days and we haven't found a since vehicle yet.

• Like 1

I think the vehicles are gone into the northern forests on 90% of the servers. I once actually found a bus in Stary Sobor, too bad one guy was ready to ambush me soon as he heard me go in the bus (It wasn't his bus, since it was still half-broken with no gas.)

You don't need a vehicle other than a bike. Bikes are boss (push bikes not m/bikes). It doesn't take that long to cross the map on foot anyway and using vehicles is just giving yourself away (or your camp). We ditched using vehicles on out server a while back (we still have a couple and we have a no vehicle hording rule). Personally I'd just have us all outfitted with push bikes. Can't wait to set up an ambush on a car with a couple of MG's just for the shits.

decreasing fuel capacity does nothing, vehicles will be less usefull (especially the awesome blue partyvan) and will only be used as mobile camps

Just make more vehicles, add stamina to players, increadse the spawn amount on repairing stuff, problem solved, people actually need vehicles now, will drive around WAY more often and hoarding becomes superfluid

people will also stop making camps just at the border of the map, imagine you'd only be able to run about a kilometer and need to rest 10 minutes to be able to run again, or you walk the whole time, imagine one guy gets to your camp 5km away from anything, blows everything up and you all have a good time walking back to where shit actually is

add an extreme amount of low-value cars, with maybe 10 item and 1 weapon slot, not more, make them extremely easy to be wrecked, add 20 bikes(which will now also drain stamina) and you're good to go

sadly this will never happen, because everything goes to the standalone now

Edited by Zombo

Alright guys im just going to go outright and say it that the current vehicle system is just awful. Basically with every single damned server owned by massive clans now and vehicle hoarding becoming ridiculous me a regular player who plays with just my one friend it is near impossible to actually get any vehicles especially the useful ones such as ural jeeps etc. Now i get that the vehicles are supposed to be rare and everything but i think having only a couple of vehicles per server is not the way to go. With the low amount of vehicles it seems the only way to actually get any vehicles is to join up with a clan instilling a mob mentality that just results in more vehicle hoarding. This wouldn't even be so bad except for the admin abuse where if i ever do manage to find a vehicle someone has hid (seeing as they never actually spawn anymore) the server just gets restarted by butthurt admins and i lose it again. So basically my solution is that we implement a lot more vehicle spawns but we take away the majority of gas tanks. This is going to make for a much better experience if you ask me and make people a lot smarter about how they use their vehicles at the same time. The lower amount of gas is also going to create more pvp hotspots which i guess is going to be good or bad depending on how you play the game but i personally like the idea of this seeing as no one even bothers to go up north anymore.

anyway tell me what you guys think

tldr: more vehicle spawns less gas spawns.

Why are vehicles so critical? Why is the ural so "useful" ? What would you do if you had a vehicle??

Week 1: Man, this sucks. There are no vehicles because everyone hides them!

Week 2: Awesome! We repaired a car! Better hide it in the woods so no one takes it!

I think one of the greatest problem with vehicles are the spawn points. Everybody knows where to get that bike, that Ural truck, the cars, everything. I say vehicles spawn points should be random as with the heli crash sites. That would make it much more difficult and rewarding to EVERYBODY playing the game (except the hackers, of course). Also, vehicles not used (saved) within two days should just re-spawn.

it would make it easier for the hackers, they simply open their map, see all vehicles and tents and people, then run to one drive it around to the others etc etc etc.

You know a fun little thing to pull, goto the very top left or right corner, take 1 car, and like 10 tents, set them all up and wait, I would be willing to bet that on a high traffic server you will have some one heading your way and reaching you within about 30 minutes, and every one that turns up will be hacking, they see that many tents in a single place alone with a car and their little hacker brains go into over drive and they cant resist looking to see what takes so many tents to store.

Week 1: Man, this sucks. There are no vehicles because everyone hides them!

Week 2: Awesome! We repaired a car! Better hide it in the woods so no one takes it!

Week 2 (+20 mins after logout): Hacker teleports to your vehicle and steals it.

I think a lot of people here are missing the OPs point: vehicles aren't hard to find, the problem is admin abuse on clan owned servers where the admins hoard all the vehicles. I've personally experienced admins resetting their servers to get vehicles back as well as kicking players and locking servers while they get back stolen vehicles etc. Combine that with the fact that admins can also check their logs for all saved vehicle locations and you have the situation where clan-owned servers are hoarding all the vehicles on a permanent basis

I found 3 Atv's on top of the Stary Sober hills the other day on a fully populated server with half the roster being clan members. After driving for a little while, I found a Gaz.

You just gotta know where to look. ;)

However, I do kinda wish the spawns were more randomized.

I don't really care tbh. I only use vehicles to get me from A to B. Say I want to go from Cherno to NWAF, I'd go walk. If I would find a vehicle on my way, I would take it if it was fully repaired, if it's not, I'll leave it there. Then I'd drive it to wherever I want to go and leave it because I'm at my destination.

• Like 1

I don't really care tbh. I only use vehicles to get me from A to B. Say I want to go from Cherno to NWAF, I'd go walk. If I would find a vehicle on my way, I would take it if it was fully repaired, if it's not, I'll leave it there. Then I'd drive it to wherever I want to go and leave it because I'm at my destination.

This plus 1.

Vehicles, apart from people wanting to experience using them, are really not that useful.

If I wanted to use a vehicle just for the experience I'd use the editor instead of DayZ, too much trouble finding one.

Play on a private hive and you won't have this problem. Check ours out if you like US 1011 100 Vehicles on the map currently.