kreatura (DayZ)

Vehicles.. Lets be honest

i think that it would be better for there to be more vehicles available, but just a lot less vehicle part spawns, as realisticly there would be a lot more than around 20 vehicles in a 225km2 map but finding vehicles parts would be very hard. i just think there should be more vehicles as things like car chases would occur and that would be awesome :)

Its taken a good lot of searching but me & my buddies finally found a vehicle. Just keep trying different spots & different servers. We spent the last few nights looking for the parts we need & after a few setbacks we finally got it working yesterday.

Its a pos car but it's ours. It took a lot of effort to get it working but that's what made it so rewarding. :)

My only problem with vehicles is that people who own a helicopter or those who play on low settings find your own vehicles too easily. On lowest settings you can just x-ray through trees to find all the tents and hidden vehicles with ease. And thats fucking annoying. A few days ago I hid my ATV in a place where no-one could ever look for. It wasnt visible to any direction in all the grass and trees. Still some helicopter group had stolen all the jerry cans from it the next day. What comes to clans, they are usually pretty stupid and hide their vehicles up in the north or just somewhere at the map border in the most obvious places.

Playing with a buddy, we've never had problems finding vehicles. It's keeping them that we've found to be impossible so far. Every single vehicle we find is gone the next day, no matter where or how well we hide it. Even on low populated servers. No idea if they're getting stolen every time or it's a server restart thing.

Once the vehicles are fixed and the tents, we'll be putting our server back up and will be making regular use of the Huey (presuming we can fix it before it's taken) to scour the lands looking for assholes that horde vehicles and then we'll drive them into random towns and leave them there. We'll obviously have a few ourselves but we're not going to horde them all (we might even fix em up for u and leave em there for the taking)

Playing with a buddy, we've never had problems finding vehicles. It's keeping them that we've found to be impossible so far. Every single vehicle we find is gone the next day, no matter where or how well we hide it. Even on low populated servers. No idea if they're getting stolen every time or it's a server restart thing.

As of 1.7.2.5 they are royally screwed. Server restarts are usually 1 a day and when it does, there's a good chance it'll spawn back where it started. Private Hive servers they work so maybe find a good one to join and stay there (it does mean you'll have a new "character" on that server but it's not like we all haven't had to start all over again 50 times over).

Like someone else stated earlier, close the boundary's of the map. Put up an invisible wall, make Chernarus an island, make the out land areas a mine field. Whatever has to be done to keep people within the actual map.

Np, I wouldn't post it if it was still there :)

We've actually lost both motorcycles, Russian 4x4, and both trucks to various bugs/ponds/ raids already. It was from a while ago. Most of those we found in spawn locations, others from we acquired from campsites or random road encounters.

Hoarding is a semi-issue, depending on how bad the hoarding is. For giggles, I stuck the bus in the Cherno fire station and stuck a tank trap behind it... 24 hours later it hadn't made it past the train tracks.

EDIT: Bottom line is, vehicles aren't that rare when you know where to look. ATVs are commonly found at Solinichy bridges, campsites are fairly easy to predict, and you may happen on vehicles on the northern dirt roads looking for choppers. Bring an AS50 and shoot the car; note where its at, and come back after server restart. Voila.

Edited by TheLoneRanger
  • Like 1

I really like this idea as well.

The funny thing is that Rocket adressed this exact issue in the Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) questions. I believed someone posted the exact same phrase that your tl;dr was, and Rocket replied very simply something like....

"I like it"

Edited by Spart248
  • Like 1

if they introduce antitank mines than ppl will not drive very much in their vehicles. Killing 4, fully geared, bandits in a car which hit mine would realy make my day :)

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your camp location and ingame name ... :)

lol... go take em. We hoarded these vehicles over the course of a month or so. All of the good ones have either been looted from our site already, or we've wrecked them.

Also, if you can identify the coords to this camp based on the image alone, I'd be pretty impressed. Please do so if you actually have any idea where it is. I will reply honestly if you're right or wrong as we're no longer set up there.

Edited by SubEclipse
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing your camp location and ingame name ... :)

The game would get a bit boring if people didn't raid camps. We have to pack up and move camp 3 times a week.

The game would get a bit boring if people didn't raid camps. We have to pack up and move camp 3 times a week.

At least 3 times a week.

I just find vehicles in the game funny sometimes. You find one, celebrate by driving it around Elektro or Cherno, and end of losing it by death, or theft the next time you log in.

I just find vehicles in the game as temporary transport, because I know for a fact you will be noticed eventually driving something, you will be followed, and your pimp-mobile will be stolen...

...I miss pimpy...

• Like 4

I just find vehicles in the game funny sometimes. You find one, celebrate by driving it around Elektro or Cherno, and end of losing it by death, or theft the next time you log in.

I just find vehicles in the game as temporary transport, because I know for a fact you will be noticed eventually driving something, you will be followed, and your pimp-mobile will be stolen...

...I miss pimpy...

I feel your pain :(

Yestarday me and my brother found 7 vehicles, 1 bus, 2 offroad pickup trucks, 1 tractor, 1 bike, ATV and 1 hutchback. We still have all vehicles but the bike, we never took the ATV because we found the 2 pickup trucks at it.

The bus was the only one that didn't look like it was taken, It was fixed up though but parked at the gas station in cherno.

Edited by RyanH100

The problem is the admins have access to the database and know all the spawn points regardless of where they are, (if they were random or changed) it wouldn't matter,

1. rent your own server

2. join a clan

3. or die after running for days

I can usually find the Old Hatchbak, as that thing is always missing every part possible except for the windshield when we go looking for it. Nobody ever takes that car.

Then i've have the V35 a few times, as well as the tractor. The amount of tractors i've found, used, and left is just uncanny.

Agree with the OP. I have yet to find any vehicles in weeks of play. They should be far more common. The game would be so much more fun if you had a vehicle most of the time.

Wait... so you want to decrease the amount of fuel available... thus making clans who "horde" vehicles use them even less... thus making the chance of you stealing them smaller? Hmmm....

Vehicles are ridiculously easy to get. We get them all the time, and then lose them all the time. Use a little thought logic and you'll be able to find the vehicles pretty easily. And when you see a vehicle moving, try to determine where they might be going, and if you have some friends on around the map, let them know you saw a vehicle and to be ready. Depending on the situation it's possible to swipe one from underneath a clans nose. We've done it once before.

It's really easy to find the vehicles..

And why shouldn't a group working together not be able to put their combined manpower together to outwork people playing solo? I don't understand how anyone have problems finding people to play with in today's gaming world with Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Mumble, and guild's constantly recruiting.

Honestly no hording of loot is acceptable.

I don't care if that is how you like to play the game or "tough luck"

For what reason does a clan of 10 people need 6 fucking cars a helicopter and 2 motorbikes.

Tell me in what situation you could use all of these?

For what reason would you need all of these? What is the point?

Is your clans mission of the dayZ to go find more fucking vehicles, repair them and bring them back to an off-map location so that they can just sit there like a trophy that no one but you and your neck bearded clan can see?

Yeah I find vehicles, Yeah I lose them. Im in a duo team in which I have only found 2 ATV's EVER. Bicycles are used as bait and I have lived and learnt that.

Any other fucking vehicle, well goodluck finding it "apparently" if you are solo because they want to prove a point that CLANS should only ever have high end loot stored away for no intentional use.

It would be nice if you would perhaps throw a noob a car just because you can/will find it again.

DOUCHES

• Like 3

I think one of the greatest problem with vehicles are the spawn points. Everybody knows where to get that bike, that Ural truck, the cars, everything. I say vehicles spawn points should be random as with the heli crash sites. That would make it much more difficult and rewarding to EVERYBODY playing the game (except the hackers, of course). Also, vehicles not used (saved) within two days should just re-spawn.

I think this is the most balanced suggesstion I have seen so far..random vehcile spawns like chopper spawns would probably help on this issue.

• Like 1

Honestly no hording of loot is acceptable.

I don't care if that is how you like to play the game or "tough luck"

For what reason does a clan of 10 people need 6 fucking cars a helicopter and 2 motorbikes.

Tell me in what situation you could use all of these?

For what reason would you need all of these? What is the point?

Is your clans mission of the dayZ to go find more fucking vehicles, repair them and bring them back to an off-map location so that they can just sit there like a trophy that no one but you and your neck bearded clan can see?

Yeah I find vehicles, Yeah I lose them. Im in a duo team in which I have only found 2 ATV's EVER. Bicycles are used as bait and I have lived and learnt that.

Any other fucking vehicle, well goodluck finding it "apparently" if you are solo because they want to prove a point that CLANS should only ever have high end loot stored away for no intentional use.

It would be nice if you would perhaps throw a noob a car just because you can/will find it again.

DOUCHES

I think this is part of the problem...but there is a duality to it; A large clan should have the right to feel if they have worked hard in gathering what they need or want they have earned it. Now I think its highly unethical that people hoard items/vehicles off the map but that technically is not the players fault its the games. Don't hate the player, hate the game is all im saying (proverbially speaking of course, because I generally have respect for my fellow players and this game)