caddrel

Top 3 Bugs you want fixed, Top 3 Features you want added

Fixes:

FPS drop (server-side memory leak?). I don't have the latest and greatest PC, but I can tell if a server has been recently and properly rebooted. Going from 30ish FPS to 12-18 FPS makes for a horrible mess. This was definitely improved upon with the 1.7 patch initially, but the past few days, it seems to be happening more often yet again.

All-in-all, the game is great and enjoyable, even with the current bugs/engine limitations. The server stability/frame rate issue is my main concern.

Features:

If possible, prolong the onset of exhaustion. The player model shows a 185-200 pound healthy male, but after crouch running for 15-20 seconds, he pants and gasps for air like a 400 pound fast-food couch potato. Not sure if this variable is adjustable, but it seems a bit drastic.

Increased vehicle spawn rate. Even a bicycle at every other farm building would be nice. Would improve movement and interaction across the game world.

There are several other interesting ideas in this thread and in older threads (air drop, functional power plant + substations).

Future request:

New location/map. Takistan maybe?

You dipshits have no idea what stage of the game this is in do you? You all asking for some dumb shit.

APLHA girls....ALPHA

top 3 :

1- loggin in to the game itself needs to work.

-they can fix the game to a T, but if nobody can get in, its pointless.

2- logging to avoid death

- game breaker. Frustrating....

3- Focus on 1 and 2.

- everything else is fluff at this point.

oh- and I love this fucking game Rocket.....best game ever, ever, in the HISTORY of ever.

1) Zombies hitting through walls / crawling under floors

2) Legs breaking from going through a wall while crawling

3) Logging out to avoid zeds/pvp

1) New zombie type: One that plays dead. If you get too close it comes alive.

2) Something to deter kill on-sight murders

3) One or two more barrack locations

+1 for some scripted free roaming AI columns.

This would be awesome imo.

fix tents

Bugs

1 numerous server issues, 5-10 minute wait, retrying to authenticate, debug forest/wilderness, ridiculous FPS / server lag, de-sync, etc.

2 spawning glitches (I found myself in the middle of the ocean with my fully stocked character after donning that damn camo skin WTF!)

3 Glitchy inventory system (often have to struggle trying to take a backpack and end up giving up, I cant be hanging out in the open for 5 minutes trying to get the damn thing...)

Features

1 option to respawn as a zed after being killed by zombies (now that's my kind of pvp!)

2 cruise control keyboard key (for sprinting through forests)

3 mountain lions or bears in the forests, not frequent, but some danger in the woods would enhance play I think

Fixes:

1. Random Environment damage/death

2. Desyncing

3. Bugs with backpacks, inventory and looting.

Features

1. return of sandbags, wire, fortification options

2. improvements to vehicles, durability, repairability, availability.

3. friendly player identifier options.

BUGs:

1. Character connection / authentication

2. Zombie respawn rate.

3. Zeds hitting through walls.

Features:

1. Reserved slots for server owners

2. Print to Global

3. Progress system for not killing players

u have a server of your self or something ?? :)

Bugs:

1. Log off exploit

2. Graphics artifacts from wire fence kits. (May already be fixed... Or I just haven't seen one in a while.)

3. Working downed helicopters

Features:

1. Inclusion of some limited features from ACE mod. (IE. Fatigue/weight effects, packs that function in space available instead of slots, ACE interaction menus, ballistics.)

2. Inclusion of ACRE mod. (Ability to find radios to communicate with other people with radios+ various channels, Dynamic direct chat so you can hear someone's radio if they turn the volume up.)

3. Zombies that wouldn't be able to run down Usain Bolt.

Quitting one server and using another to move locations then coming back onto the original server. In one fire fight I died first, then watched the player list go down by 2 players (only 10 or so on at the time so easy to keep tabs) then 5 minutes later the rest of my team 'magically' takes fire from behind after the same two people reconnect to the server.

Once you disconnect from server A and log onto server B you may not connect again to server A for one hours time. Fixed.

Most of the bugs have already been mentioned, however what i would like to see is:

-Radios: Downed heli's and radio towers send out a beacon that will guide you to them with awesome spawns.

-Remove Bandits killed(no longer needed) and replace with more stats eg. distance traveled, time alive etc.

-Also agree with the military patrols, will make for less camping in cities as they will get hit by the patrols and clear them out.

Extra i would like to put in is that a solution to the removal of bandit skins making it so you cannot identify murderers, perhaps when you kill someone you get flies buzzing around you ie. in real life when you get close to someone who is dangerous you usually get some other subliminal queues that they are dangerous see: crazy eyes.

My three bugs:

1. Breaking bones for no reason (crawling over a step, running into a fence with a friend bumpnig you, etc)

2. The various duping exploits.

3. The server memory leak that makes every server require a reboot every few hours

My three features:

1. Deployable camo nets, the ability to bury stuff and other base building stuff

2. Rare patrolling / travelling zombies in the wilderness

3. More light vehicles

Bugs:

- Zombies attacking through walls prevented.

- Zombie zig-zagging removed.

- Desync issue resolution.

Features:

- Maybe a CTI-esque form of base building (not on such a large scale) for when you have appropriate construction items (like tents, rain-catching tarpooling for water fills, etc)

- Rare, well-equipped NPC patrols

- Varied zombie types (including variable health/speed, etc)

Bugs: Laggy glitchy zombies, laggy glitchy player movement, connection issues.

Features: Melee attack, solid Drag n DRop inventory system, more survival loot items that are not weapons.

Bugs/exploits:

- Server hopping

- Walkers spawning close to players

- Walkers pathing.

Additions:

- Automatc weapons jam

- "Fortifications" (including traps)

- Revamped humanity system.

You dipshits have no idea what stage of the game this is in do you? You all asking for some dumb shit.

Do you know what an alpha needs? Tester involvement, bug finding and suggestions.

What are we? Testers.

What is this thread? Bug finding and suggestions. Oh noes!

Its abundantly obvious that this is an alpha but why does that mean that people can't make suggestion for future updates?

This kind of thread will provide some useful information to the Devs so get of your high horse and actually engage your brain.

Bugs:

:exclamation: 1. 'deathmatch bug' I am forced to shoot first when encountering other players or I will be killed (my play style is/was survivor). Please find a replacement system for bandit skins. We are losing players. :exclamation:

2. Server hopping is rampant.

3. Items disappearing when trying to put them into a backpack without enough space

Features:

1. Direct chat only please.

2. Batteries for electrical items.

3. Roaming herds of Zack.

Bugs:

1. Fix tent placement

2. Fix tent reset

3. Fix tent placement

Features:

1. Tents that work

2. Tents that work

3. Tents that work

Pretty simple!

Bugs:-

-I'm haven't played the game enough to comment.

Features:-

-some form of melee abilities. Empty handed or weaponed. For quietness; for when ranged weapon is down ; for pushing Z's etc

-a few realistic visual cues showing the past purpose of a building/room. Also the building's purpose should be logical in context to the other buildings (City planning). ie A lunch room may be identified by bench tables or old sign, which may lead to discovering an attached full kitchen and food storage. This lunch room logically may be in a ship yard. (These points may not be valid in a town abandoned for decades).

Great Mod regardless, Thanks

Fixes:

Zombies hitting through walls

When killing a zombie/player, it takes a second for him to fall down.

Features:

More HP on zombies. Make them take 2 - 3 AKM bullets in the chest before dying.

Batteries for electronics (GPS, NVG, sights, watches)

Melee.

To fix:

1. Zombies seeing and attacking through walls

2. doorway stand up glitch

3. losing all gear when in water

To Add:

1. adding tools for creating fortifications and camps

2. allowing a group of players to clear out an area infested with zombies and increasing the spawn time in that group stays in that area for a period of time. i.e. a good group of survivors should be able to take over a town for a period of time.

3. adding bear traps and trip wire and other instruments for traps and/or alerts when someone/zed has entered an area.

Fix:

1) DC - Menu option to "Leave game", put timer (30 sec?) before avatar leaves game, don't allow "Leave game" option if bleeding, range X (25m?) of zed, and range Z (100m?) of milspec loot spawns to prevent server hop farming. ALT+F4, unplugging network, etc. kills player, period.

2) Hardcode a lock on default "name tag" system. Replace with a dynamic one based on range, lighting and view obstructions. Suggest 20m unaided, at range with binoculars or scope.

3) Remove rare meds from new spawning characters. Increase med loot locations on the map, spawn realistically common items such as knife, matches, food, drink, more frequently and around more buildings (especially those that cannot be entered.)

Feature:

1) Melee system. Knives, hatchets, e-tools, scrap metal, simple push/punch/kick, weapon butt stock, etc. If they are in the game they should be usable as a silent, point blank attack.

2) Stamina system based on health and total encumbrance with blood regen based on time with food and water levels factored in. Stamina for zombies so they eventually tire if they don't catch you.

3) Zombie spawns: in towns as normal but not within 50m of any player. Will not respawn *in developed area (town, base, farm, etc.)* if player is within 100m and within a developed area, but can still spawn outside of towns at greater distance to give the impression of zombies wandering in the wild moving towards town (instead of just respawning inside it). Spawn lower count of zombies around player at greater range when *outside* of towns, bases, etc. which provides a threat in the wilderness and gives the impression of having "cleared a town", at least temporarily. This will make towns, farms, bases, etc. potential safe havens for players, especially groups and should encourage teamwork.

Bugs:

1. D/C Abuse.

2. Zombies teleporting/warping around + lag issues.

3. Zombies attacking through walls.

Features:

1. Inventory/weapons:

Inventory should list how many rounds each magazine holds and have an option to combine near empty/half empty magazines. Any spare bullets should go into a "pocket" inventory slot that can hold 10-20 bullets (various caliber sizes also). These spare rounds could be loaded in magazines later.

2. Female Characters need customization options like the males (Caucasian, Asian, black/Afro Caribbean), if the game doesn't include them somebody should model/texture a dozen heads/faces.

3. Zombies numbers/Roamers

Currently Zombies are not a big enough threat to players and much less so for experienced players. The number of zombies should be increased, also packs of roamers should be introduced.

These roamers would travel together in packs of 20-50 zombies around the countryside and travel around the map in unpredictable paths. This would increase the danger outside of the towns.

Fix:

1) DC - Menu option to "Leave game"' date=' put timer (30 sec?) before avatar leaves game, don't allow "Leave game" option if bleeding, range X (25m?) of zed, and range Z (100m?) of milspec loot spawns to prevent server hop farming. ALT+F4, unplugging network, etc. kills player, period.

[/quote']

No thanks, what about people unreliable connections?

I better idea would be that when a player disconnects, the players avatar remains in-game for 60 seconds after the player disconnects. So if they disconnect in a firefight/ambush the character can still be killed if they leave.

This would fix much of the "ambush" disconnects and it doesn't effect normal player disconnects.

Top Three Fixes:

1) Log off exploits

2) Tent despawn/gear loss

3) Outfits causing ocean adventures.

---

Top Three features I want added:

1) More buildable structures (Walls, lookout towers, turrets)

2) Customizable uniforms/outfits (So you can identify friend from foe realistically)

3) Risk/Reward system for humanity... (NPC Guards that shoot on sight for known bandits... bounty boards... etc?)

Bugs:

1) Falling off of stairs and ladders due to bugs in the game structure or clipping

2) Players being able to see through walls, stairs, and various objects

3) Changing clothes bug

Features:

1) A logout timer or consequence for disconnecting mid battle

2) Some type of safe house structure for being able to store more goods than you can carry. Safe house would also delete after death just as everything else does.

3) Items being able to stack to conserve storage space if option 2 above is not considered.