caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

Server restart ate the bus I was driving..... time for a looooong walk :(

@Trowa,

the server was gracefully restarted. It's sad to hear that you lost your Bus. We can only hope they fix it sooner or later.

Maybe the one we left without fuel, sadly there is little use for a bus in DayZ.

I just checked Caspar, every vehicle is gone. Can you try another restart?

I don't think you'd leave a bus with that many high end weapons and ammo Andrej, it also has the added bonus of self repairing wheels :D

Edited by Trowa

it will do his regular restart in 1 hour 44 Min. Just wait until then, its interesting to see if they respawn then.

I just checked Caspar, every vehicle is gone. Can you try another restart?

I don't think you'd leave a bus with that many high end weapons and ammo Andrej, it also has the added bonus of self repairing wheels :D

I don't know, the one we left had the inventory unacessible from any direction. Maybe it stored good items inside, did you found it inside a small forest somewhere in the NE?

Yeah it had a bison, DMR and a FAL on it untill we stripped it, whoever ambushed us straight after blew up the ATV with all of those weapons. Don't bring a grenade to a vehicle fight :)

Update: All vehicles are back and the server needs updating to the new DayZ patch

Edited by Trowa

Maybe i can resize the window to longer periods but for now i will keep 6 hours and waiting for your feedback.

I would leave it at 6 hours, every server we tried that had a larger window than that had a couple of "dead" loot hours and zombie wierdness.. plus some extreme desync on vehicles...

Glad to hear it, I missed the tent thing too; we will avoid to create new camps and use the few we found around the map stealing what we need. I'm only sad because we had the chance to pack a lot of things and lost everything because of this hive-shit.

We really needed a place to call home after wandering for two months. :(

It is possible to make new camps.. we just made 2x5 tent camps full of our old gear 'cause to many people were stealing our nvg's and we had to hunt em down constantly.. xD .

But you have to get a few tents.. then put em down alot of spots you think would be good, then pack em back up again after every spot.. preferably done right before a restart (min. 5 minutes before) less than that will have a chance of not recording it. You then check back after respawn and should have tents working if they came back I.E, is remembered by the hive.

Then you should put a few crap items on it and see if it despawns on the next server restart or stays.. REMEMBER to save the tent after putting items on it... and give em 2 mins before you save it.

Saving items in tents/vehicles and backpacks is slower than main inventory.. IF you put something in your backpack then you dont wanna relog right after.. never touch your backpack items less than 2-5 minutes before you relog. I always do 5 in case the server might be desyncing at the very moment I log.

This has stopped us losing weapons all the time from our backpack :).

Hope it helps you get a stabile hope up and running.. cheers

(sidenote: its not a good idea to have a big camp near cherno unless you wanna feed the entire server population with nvg's and big guns :D)

It's with the latest Arma 2 patch

• Makarov: 889 damage, down from 2000
  • G17, M9, M9 SD, PDW, MP5A5, MP5SD6, Bizon PP-19 SD: 889 damage, down from 1389
  • Revolver, M1911: 1389 damage, down from 4500
  • M1014, Remington 870, Double-barreled: slugs do 4500 damage, down from 6722
  • Lee Enfield: 6722 damage, down from 12500 (audible range 162m, down from 234m)
  • AK-74, AKS-74U, AKS-74 Kobra: 2722 damage, down from 3555

You have my beens good sir! .. plz send the link to the changelog or bohemian forum post that shows this info.

Have had trouble confirming the right numbers, found several versions of this post.

I'll even give ya a big gun if ya want one :P or a NVG .. what ever you might desire, if its in stock

@Trowa,

the server was gracefully restarted. It's sad to hear that you lost your Bus. We can only hope they fix it sooner or later.

Casper was actually 100% right in his earlier post.. the BUSSES do indeed have a seperate vehicle bug that moves em back even when saved and stored for a longer period of time... so every time you see a bus it might have the items from someone elses adventures.

So the facts from this would be: Bus is only really save 6 hours at a time and so are your items in it. Thus I would take em out xD and not drive somewhere that I didnt mind running back from again hehe

Maybe the one we left without fuel, sadly there is little use for a bus in DayZ.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! little use for a bus ? .... AAAAHHHHHH!!!! ->>>>>>>>>>

Original:

Survivor POV:

I don't know, the one we left had the inventory unacessible from any direction. Maybe it stored good items inside, did you found it inside a small forest somewhere in the NE?

You can always access both bus and car inventory if you go to driver seat first then scroll mouse and go to back seat and press G

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! little use for a bus ? .... AAAAHHHHHH!!!! ->>>>>>>>>>

Original:

Survivor POV:

Alas, this video screams for fakeness from every side :|

You can always access both bus and car inventory if you go to driver seat first then scroll mouse and go to back seat and press G

Didn't know that, this was the first time we used a bus; thanks.

Edited by Andrej Dudev

Alas, this video screams for fakeness from every side :|

We did something simular, have done 3 bus runs picking up survivors just having fun with 'em, for example dropping 10 survivors off in stary for em to fight over weapons xD .. there soon was only a few left. It was like watching battle royale

27.07.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 95417

- You NEED now Beta Patched Client (min. 95417) to connect to DE10!

- Serverside files were updated to Hive v0.7.1 and Code v1.7.2.4

- InGame VoiP Quality Level raised from 10 to 20

- Raised Slotcount from 40 to 50

Edited by Caspar

btw. if you get following error messages:

BattlEye Server: Failed to receive from BE Master (2)

BattlEye Server: Updated attempt failed

Just reconnect. The Battleye Servers are overloaded atm and it can happen that you can't update because of it.

(Info came from: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48501-failed-to-receive-from-be-master-2/)

Edited by Caspar

Well the gold rush for helicopters seems to be over with almost all of them checked, I ended up dying in the north east airfield when I was in a rush for fuel, losing my pickup truck and gear.

But then in my usual luck I end up finding an ak74 and 5 seconds later I shot a super heavily armed guy driving a pickup, getting back up to full equipment and a M107. Pickups still at Balota if anyone feels lucky :D

I have to report a sudden crash of the server and it seems it won't restart :(

Well the gold rush for helicopters seems to be over with almost all of them checked, I ended up dying in the north east airfield when I was in a rush for fuel, losing my pickup truck and gear.

But then in my usual luck I end up finding an ak74 and 5 seconds later I shot a super heavily armed guy driving a pickup, getting back up to full equipment and a M107. Pickups still at Balota if anyone feels lucky :D

Ah yeah, I noticed you in the server lobby, this pickup will be the fortune of the first respawner near Balota. :rolleyes:

Also, it seems I lost my motorbike so, I'm again on foot. :|

Maybe this is not the best night to play alone...

Edited by Andrej Dudev

I dont think the choppers spawned yet, we checked every spawn so far on two servers

It seems that the first batch of helicopters will be appearing on Sunday according to one of the devs. Oh well this snipers pretty sweet and we've gained the awesome military jeep.

Today we've:

Lost our primary ATV

Gained a bus

Regained our primary ATV through the miracle of saving vehicles after they've exploded

Tipped the bus on its side (thanks to the same driver that drove our bicycle into the sea)

Gained a tractor at the factory

Replaced tractor with someones pickup (we later found they didn't like it and left it back in the factory)

Lost the pickup

Gained a different pickup but left it

Gained a jeep

And this is why we like DE10 :lol:. Just remember we only barter in bicycles.

Yeah I think Caspar needs to do an update before it'll work.

Let's see after 24.00/00.00, I'll be lurking the forums/doing random stuff in the meanwhile. :|

Chopper desync should be substantially decreased.

Tests have shown they work much better thanks to efforts of decreasing write spam and as well as BIS stability fixes.

I'll seed the first batch of choppers into the DB in about 36h.

Edited by Andrej Dudev

Gained a bus

where was that bus parked?

chances are it was ours, we wanted to use it for a NW airfield raid last night, so we moved it for a refuel, but left it once we obtained the jerrycans because it got way too late for us :D

Edited by pod