caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

@Corvax,

Thx for Info, i've booted the Sys 6 hour's ago but my post in the Forum disappeared.

About the Updates, as soon as i get the information about an update, i install it. Until yet, nearly every update was better then the previous edition and as long as this keeps up, i will do updates immediatley.

Our pickup gets it inventory wiped each day. Did the server crash within the last 24 hours? Maybe a crash will wipe the inventory.

Hmm, if you put stuff into the Vehicle it will be instantly send to the maindatabase of dayz. Can you tell me which type of vehicle it is? We can test this by shutdown and restart the server and see if anything will happen. But not in the maintime.

And no the server didn't crashed in the last 24 hours.

26.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 94103 (ChangeLog)

- You NEED now the latest Beta Patched Client (min. 94103) to connect to DE10!

- First Donation received from Roberto Podeira (IG Name), thanks a lot for your Support!

P.s.: Please note that the only Administrator on the Server are those who have (*Admin*) After their name! And currently, i 'should' be the only one who is able to login as Administrator. I'm already got someone on my Hand who will support me soon, but before that i have to replace my hard drive which will come tomorrow :)

@GodOfGrain,

still no official response about the view distance.

Server has apparantly crashed. Fix imminent?

I want to reiterate however, that DE 10 is the best server I've played on!

Server made an unexcepted shutdown. Failsafe System did'nt knew the error and decided to let if offline. Server was restartet manually and is now operable again.

- First Donation received from Davide B. ' date=' thanks a lot for your Support!

[/quote']

Good boy, he's my mate in this snipocalypse, me and him are generally joining DE10 99% of the time, sadly he can't join the forum because mail-server is screwed and he can't receive the confirmation mail (DayZ servers fault I say, sadly).

Also, not donations related, a message to the poor sniper sitting 100% of the time in Olsha sniping the NE Airstrip:

We see you, we know your spots, we know you are server-hopping all the time to snipe scavengers and that you disconnect when for some reason you attract zombies, we also removed your sandbags.

Next time do not disconnect so I'll have the time to put a bullet in your sorry head.

P.S.: Caspar, any news about the swimming tests?

@Andrej,

that's bad, the part about the board. And no Board Admin can do sth against it? Did you tried to contact one?

About swimming, my Hard drive will come tomorrow, after that my crappy Raid controller will take about 24h to rebuild the raid and after that i am online again. But if you read the Patch notes, you will see that the 'not lose item while swimming' feature is now also available at MP Missions. I have high hopes that now you won't lose anything anymore, but as i said before, i want confirm it myself - except you want to try it at own risk. *evilgrin*

We gave a try to the support BUT the mail system is semi-non-functional (as you can see from the contact the team page).

But if you read the Patch notes, you will see that the 'not lose item while swimming' feature is now also available at MP Missions. I have high hopes that now you won't lose anything anymore, but as i said before, i want confirm it myself - except you want to try it at own risk. *evilgrin*

Oh, that might be good but, I wonder if the serverside variable is enabled or disabled by default.

@Andrej,

it's deactivated by the DayZ Mission File v0.3. But i don't know if it will really work :) we will see in 2 days.

27.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 94209 (ChangeLog)

- You NEED now the latest Beta Patched Client (min. 94209) to connect to DE10!

- New Netconfig v0.18 - Try to minimize/completely erase lags, please report any kind of problems!

Netconfig was rolled back to v0.17, immense car lag problems were reported.

YAAY :) was not happy bout those other wierd settings servers with lag xD ... you get use to a certain standard when playing on DE10.

Caspar' date=' have you got some reply regarding max view distance?

[/quote']

Max view distance is 1600, that's what dayz devs want.

@GodOfGrain,

still nothing i am allowed to talk public about.

@Andrej Dudev,

I've got no official (publishable) statement about this yet. Where did you get your one?

@Corvax,

the current netconfig is still not perfect. The Lag spikes are already at a minimum, but i want to erase them completely. Therefore i will try to change the config the next days too and announce this here. So if you encounter any Problem just pm me or post here and i will rollback to v0.17 (which is the current one).

@Andrej Dudev' date='

I've got no official (publishable) statement about this yet. Where did you get your one?[/quote']

There are two elements telling this:

1. I'm quoting you:

The View Distance is configured on the Mission File which i am strictly forbidden to modify! All Server should have the same View Distance of 1600, no more, no less. Due the fact i have the latest edition of the mission file it has the view distance the Devs of DayZ want to have.

2. Visual calculation using binoculars and zeroing weapons; we determined that a lesser "fog of war" starts at 1150~1300 and ends at 1550~1600 while not allowing to see anything from this distance.

It's the same thing in every server, no matter the distance view we set (1000 or 6000).

@Andrej Dudev,

If you quote me, then completely please :D

EDIT:

i can't find any traces of the distance attribute in the latest mission file anymore. I am asking in the DayZ Server Admin chat if i am allowed to raise it.

And about the 2nd Part:

The Client configurable "View Distance" is only interesting if the Server 'allow' you to see for example 1600 meter, but your Computer isn't able to render so much. So you can set it lower and the game (should) run faster.

But this isn't working the other way. More then 1600 View Distance will be ignored because the Limit was set on Server side. Sadly i didn't recieved the premission to raise it yet.

:( got nuked, and by the time I was back at my body it had despawned, time to loot more gear :D

NUKED ????... like HI-YUKEN style ?

Like hacker with a script that killed everyone on the server.

29.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 94364 (ChangeLog)

- You NEED now the latest Beta Patched Client (min. 94364) to connect to DE10!

- Emergency Restart was initiated, sorry guys, but this was only for your own security.

@True,

i will look for this issue. Read @all too...

@All,

i had to do an emergency restart. Not (only) because of the Mass kill, also because some Security Leak of Battleye was pulished one day ago and older Server Editions are endangered by it. Thats the Reason why you have to use now the latest ArmA2 Beta Patch to play on DE 10! Please note that more Hacker/Cheater can appear the next days on all DayZ Servers.

29.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 94364 (ChangeLog)

- You NEED now the latest Beta Patched Client (min. 94364) to connect to DE10!

- Emergency Restart was initiated' date=' sorry guys, but this was only for your own security.

@True,

i will look for this issue. Read @all too...

@All,

i had to do an emergency restart. Not (only) because of the Mass kill, also because some Security Leak of Battleye was pulished one day ago and older Server Editions are endangered by it. Thats the Reason why you have to use now the latest ArmA2 Beta Patch to play on DE 10! Please note that more Hacker/Cheater can appear the next days on all DayZ Servers.

[/quote']

Good to know you are working on the issue ;)

Thanks