Sign in to follow this  
suspectmammal

Defibrillators?

They should add Defibrillators kinda like in battlefield it could take up your side arm slot or maybe 3 inventory/backpack spaces and could be used to revive dead players

Now before you all explode on me hear me out...

the defibrillators will not be overpowered and perhaps can be like Battlefield 3 where you only have a few seconds to revive a teammate.

of course once revived the player will remain with the injuries he had before he died for example- (player got shot in the leg broke his leg,started bleeding and then died if Revived he would

keep his injuries and have negative side effects such as stumbling when walking or a blurry screen even when healed and would take a while to go away.

Another thing if a player disconnects he would no longer be eligible for a revive.

Discuss guys give feedback on what you think should be changed in this idea or if you completely hate it.

Edited by suspectmammal

Leave.

lol go blow yourself force.

sorry op, this topic has been covered way to many times and i dont think they will put it in yet..or maybe even in the stand alone (although i dont see why not)

They should add Defibrillators kinda like in battlefield it could take up your side arm slot or maybe 3 inventory/backpack spaces and could be used to revive dead players

Now before you all explode on me hear me out...

the defibrillators will not be overpowered and perhaps can be like Battlefield 3 where you only have a few seconds to revive a teammate.

of course once revived the player will remain with the injuries he had before he died for example- (player got shot in the leg broke his leg,started bleeding and then died if Revived he would

keep his injuries and have negative side effects such as stumbling when walking or a blurry screen even when healed and would take a while to go away.

Another thing if a player disconnects he would no longer be eligible for a revive.

Discuss guys give feedback on what you think should be changed in this idea or if you completely hate it.

No, if only because most wounds in this scenario would not induce V-Tach or V-Fibrillation, the two heart conditions which are capable of being reversed by a defibrillator. Also, you would not often find a battery powered defibrillator with paddles which are capable of being used in this sort of scenario. The closest thing you'll find is an AED, which is only good for about five shocks, on full battery.

its rediculous how dumb you people are.

NO DEFIBS.

Leave.

Lmfao, this made my morning

However, I do think that there should be some way to bring your buddies back after the fight has died down; if a defib mechanic was added it would need to be much more effective and sparse than the Epi-Pen, working a few minutes after death; but not working at all if the player has already respawned, or the body has been hidden I suppose, that being said i think the Epi-Pen should get a bit of juicing too.

Maybe still working seconds after death or something like that.

To counter this; shots to the head/heart should still kill you dead, which would make the Defib/Epi useless against someone who takes the extra minute to shoot effectively.

if this was introduced, i would like to see characters revived be "locked" (unplayable) for a period of time (after they next log off), to simulate recovery time from bullet wounds

Edited by Haplo

Ignoring the fact that that isn't how Defibs work (Just like how Morphine doesn't instantly fix bones), I don't think a single thing should be added to bring dead people back to life. Not a single mechanic ever except respawning. That would be a god item and completely remove the fear of death.

I'm all for adding a bunch more injury mechanics and ways to prevent death, but not bringing people back from the dead. That's something that should (And will not) ever be part of this game.

Also use search, as others have said there's like 9 topics on this every single day.

• Like 1

...Because morphine heals broken bones and you can bandage up a mortal wound then eat steak and you're back to full health.

Have the people talking about realism played DayZ?

Ignoring the fact that that isn't how Defibs work (Just like how Morphine doesn't instantly fix bones), I don't think a single thing should be added to bring dead people back to life. Not a single mechanic ever except respawning. That would be a god item and completely remove the fear of death.

I'm all for adding a bunch more injury mechanics and ways to prevent death, but not bringing people back from the dead. That's something that should (And will not) ever be part of this game.

Also use search, as others have said there's like 9 topics on this every single day.

A god item that removes the fear of death... You mean like a tent?

A defibrillator is a life-saving device that gives an electric shock to the heart in case of sudden cardiac arrest in heart. The process is known as defibrillation and it can save lives. But this is not true that a dead person can become alive with this. The process of defibrillation should be started in a particular time period after SCA.

Heart Defibrillator

• Like 1

If it can bring you back to life not more than 5-10 minutes after you "die" and is one-time-use (You know, it's a hell of a charge there), then it won't be a "god item" you carebears are whining about. It will be another good addition to the medical system - sometimes you can have a second chance.

It should be quite rare to find, take about 20-30 seconds to use, and keep player at low health and unconscious - just imagine trying to bring back one of your teammates back to life while others attempt to keep zombies at bay:

-Fuck! Fuck! ...FUCK!

-Come on!

-... hey, they're getting closer!

-..Clear!

*gunshots*

-We have to go, NOW!

-Hang on, for fuck's sake!

-..Clear!

-Watch out!

*gunshots*

-..Clear!

... oh, no freaking way! Got the pulse! He's alive, guys!

-Now shut up and drag him! You wanna be a dinner, or what?

That would be priceless.

Edited by WiFiN

...Because morphine heals broken bones and you can bandage up a mortal wound then eat steak and you're back to full health.

Have the people talking about realism played DayZ?

Have you ever played DayZ?Get out of a firefight, hit a morphine, bandage yourself, eat a steak, then tell me how well you're feeling.You'd be dead if I hit you with a friggin leaf.

Edited by thodouras95

Oh yes, the guy died form loss of blood. Let me just jump start his heart. you must be some kind of idiot to think that Defibs are some kind of God given machine that brings anyone back to life. Reason why BF, can use it effectively is because its just an FPS. Not a Sim, but an average Arcade FPS. Sure its more realistic than CoD, and more realistic than etc. but its still an arcade shooter that is all about the fast pace action.

I agree, leave and never come back.

Hello there

I think you'll find that the OP has indeed "left"

Rgds

LoK

Well. defibs might actually be in the standalone as a test (from a kinda-reliable source) it will only work after like 3 seconds when the player is down, and it might need a generator to be used.

Defibrillators would be 'unfitting' to the game though.

But giving CPR is an another thing!

Within 1 minutes of death, you may try and give CPR to the dead player, it has a very small chances(10-20%?) of reviving the guy to 1,000 blood and bleeding/broken leg as before. You may spam that CPR as many as you like within that 1 min, but the animation should be long and thus limit how many time you can apply CPR before the gut die.

10-20% Chance of survival upon 1 CPR was not to unrealistic I think?

I'd like something more like this, maybe with simplified options.

• Like 1

Hello there

Even though the OP is banned so most likely wont see any replies, I personally don't like the idea of magic Defibs, I do however like the idea of an enhanced medic/wound system.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Even though the OP is banned so most likely wont see any replies, I personally don't like the idea of magic Defibs, I do however like the idea of an enhanced medic/wound system.

Rgds

LoK

It would be nicer.