SurvivalServers (DayZ)

Game Server Hosting by SurvivalServers.com *** INSTANT SETUP | CUSTOM CP | FTP | CUSTOM MODS | ANTI-HACK **

Does anyone know a vehicle/tent save/fix for these servers? It blows playing on 1.7.2.4 because its usually just me and 1 or 2 other people because everyone's running the latest version.

I think this might help you, http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/z6p65/fixserver_side_how_to_save_items_in_tents_and/

@SurvivalServers

I was reading those reaviews about the fast support service being fast, however i believe the service isn't 24/7 since the server is not up yet.

"*70 Slots for $45 per month"

Can you tell me a few things.. 70 slots for $45 a month seems awfully cheap. I am just curious about the following for a 70 slot server.

I see your website is a basic WHMCS site with no Encryption whatsoever on ordering. - do you plan on fixing that?

What CPU specs are dedicated to a 70 slot server

What RAM specs are dedicated to a 70 slot server

What Bandwidth is Dedicated to a 70 slot server

Control Panel Is TCAdmin?

and

What Server Software are you running?

The ordering paypal account goes to adfocuscom@gmail.com Is that your real business name or?

Whois on survivalservers.com shows registration through namecheap, why do you have contact information blocked? businesses need to have a technical contact at bare minimum.

Are you sure this is a REAL business? or no?

Is this you?

Ryan Pennington

P.O. Box 127

Sacramento

CA

United States

+1.9163535091

Because there is no registered business in your name...

Just wondering, need to know if i where to order a server from you that you are legit and not using illegal software or a fake business.

thanks

Hi, i have just purchased a server, it gave me a message of successful purchase, however i haven't received a confirmation email.

Is this because it hasn't been processed?

I assure you we received your order. You might want to check your spam box for confirmation of purchase.

Does anyone know a vehicle/tent save/fix for these servers? It blows playing on 1.7.2.4 because its usually just me and 1 or 2 other people because everyone's running the latest version.

Sadly there is no currently fix for the vehicle/tent issue approved by DayZ staff.

I think this might help you, http://www.reddit.co...s_in_tents_and/

@SurvivalServers

I was reading those reaviews about the fast support service being fast, however i believe the service isn't 24/7 since the server is not up yet.

That fix is not approved by DayZ staff.

We don't claim to provide 24/7 support. We have to sleep as well.

"*70 Slots for $45 per month"

Can you tell me a few things.. 70 slots for $45 a month seems awfully cheap. I am just curious about the following for a 70 slot server.

I see your website is a basic WHMCS site with no Encryption whatsoever on ordering. - do you plan on fixing that?

Not at the moment, orders are processed securely through PayPal not our website.

What CPU specs are dedicated to a 70 slot server

What RAM specs are dedicated to a 70 slot server

What Bandwidth is Dedicated to a 70 slot server

Control Panel Is TCAdmin?

and

What Server Software are you running?

We use a wide array of hardware from Xeon E3-1230 v2, Dual Xeon E5620, i7 2600, Dual Xeon E5-2620, and some others. RAM varies also. Bandwidth varies also (more than sufficient or unmetered). Control panel is TC Admin v2. Server running Windows.

The ordering paypal account goes to adfocuscom@gmail.com Is that your real business name or?

That's our PayPal, yes.

Whois on survivalservers.com shows registration through namecheap, why do you have contact information blocked? businesses need to have a technical contact at bare minimum.

Are you sure this is a REAL business? or no?

Is this you?

Ryan Pennington

P.O. Box 127

Sacramento

CA

United States

+1.9163535091

Yes, real business real info.

Because there is no registered business in your name...

There is no way to search for that so I don't see how you get your information. We are not trademarked so our records are not publically available anywhere online.

Edited by SurvivalServers

I have my sources :P and i assure you there is no business in that name.

also , you didn't really answer the questions.. How many cores are dedicated to a 70 slot server? how much ram? Etc.?

70 slot server requires a really good part of a quad core server.. and suggested 4 gb of ram.

how can you provide 70 slots for $45 a month when that should really be the only server of that quantity on the whole box. even with very high end hardware, you could prob just get two.

so $45 x 2 = $90 + O/S Licensing + Tcadmin $19.95 = .... see where I am going?

unless you cram your servers or get a very high end system + licensing + TCadmin for under $90 + make profit is crazy..

I am not trying to bash you, sorry if it seems that way, things just don't add up at all.. anyone who can add and with common sense can see.

guess i am just wondering why you can provide the servers for so cheap.

and information from your website to paypal is not secure, yes paypal handles the encryption for payment, but you require user details, passwords addresses etc which are not.

I have my sources :P and i assure you there is no business in that name.

Pennington Media LLC, I assure you we are a registered LLC. Not that it matters, anyone can run a business in the US (in any state) with or without a LLC/S Corp/business entity. It's called "self employed" and lots of people do it. Having a business name registered is for liability purposes.

also , you didn't really answer the questions.. How many cores are dedicated to a 70 slot server? how much ram? Etc.?

Depends on the server. We don't assign cores/ram to specific server, we allow all of our servers to run from all available cores and ram. We find this to be the most efficient and best for performance.

70 slot server requires a really good part of a quad core server.. and suggested 4 gb of ram.

how can you provide 70 slots for $45 a month when that should really be the only server of that quantity on the whole box. even with very high end hardware, you could prob just get two.

so $45 x 2 = $90 + O/S Licensing + Tcadmin $19.95 = .... see where I am going?

unless you cram your servers or get a very high end system + licensing + TCadmin for under $90 + make profit is crazy..

Trust me, we've done a lot of testing on a lot of servers and know exactly how many servers/slots we can fit on each. Additional slots does use more CPU but not as much as your post claims. We have a lot of hardware to test on so we know the exact numbers. Some CPUs perform excellent compared to others and can fit more slots. It all depends and varies greatly on the CPU, number of slots per server, and number of servers on each machine.

and information from your website to paypal is not secure, yes paypal handles the encryption for payment, but you require user details, passwords addresses etc which are not.

Fair enough, we'll look at installing an SSL certificate.

So far so good, server has no lag at all and the control panel is easy to deal with.

However i sent you a ticket, there are a few things i would like to discuss.

Besides that, everything looks good with the server.

Edited by Apocalyp†ic™

Just re-launched BEC / AntiHax, this is a BETA launch so things might take a few days to get running nice and smoothly. Please be patient with us :)

So far so good, server has no lag at all and the control panel is easy to deal with.

However i sent you a ticket, there are a few things i would like to discuss.

Besides that, everything looks good with the server.

Glad to hear, your support ticket is answered too by the way.

I attempted to install BEC and it wiped the config files. I tried to revert but now I'm missing the instance id and I can't get the server to get past "Creating". I put in a ticket a few hours ago. Not sure if they are still being answered tonight.

If you have barely any knowledge about setting up a server, do you guys provide in depth explanation and instructions on how to do so? Or is it already pretty much done for us and we just need to set up the configurations i.e. night, day, timezone, etc?

I attempted to install BEC and it wiped the config files. I tried to revert but now I'm missing the instance id and I can't get the server to get past "Creating". I put in a ticket a few hours ago. Not sure if they are still being answered tonight.

I have the exact same thing; The instance id got reset in the cfg file and now just states 'instance id'?!

This seems to be an issue. This is why I wish I joined the forums BEFORE hand. I did the same thing last night and server was down for a couple hours. I recommend taking a screenshot or writing down your config in TCAdmin before making changes.

Also if anyone has figured out how to configure BEC in TCAdmin please let me know. I tried to edit the config in the "text editor" choice and it won't save. I also tried accessing the files in FTP and they don't even show up. I'm confused as to how to configure BEC and/or DayZAntiHAX. Please share your knowledge oh wise ones!

This seems to be an issue. This is why I wish I joined the forums BEFORE hand. I did the same thing last night and server was down for a couple hours. I recommend taking a screenshot or writing down your config in TCAdmin before making changes.

Also if anyone has figured out how to configure BEC in TCAdmin please let me know. I tried to edit the config in the "text editor" choice and it won't save. I also tried accessing the files in FTP and they don't even show up. I'm confused as to how to configure BEC and/or DayZAntiHAX. Please share your knowledge oh wise ones!

Yeah, wish I had done that. Seriously have no clue what th instanceID was and can't find it anywhere in the config files.

About the BEC thing; I had setup the scheduler.xml to announce the regular restarts. It didn't save though, so I am also a bit in the dark about this one. I assumed you have to go to your 'configuration files'. After you installed the BEC it will show you some new configurable files

What is and what is not needed to setup isn't clear for me, but I used http://ibattle.org/i...-and-configure/ as reference to setup the scheduler.xml. I don't know if you need to configure any of the other files to make it actually work, bu I think you will need to setup the config.txt (BEC config) also.

Keep in touch and let me know if you figure it out!~

Edited by tickle_me_jesus
  • Like 1

I'm looking into buying a none hive server to play DayZ Lingor Island with my friends, do you also support that?

The config issue has been identified and fixed. For the servers already affected please do not click "save" and submit a support ticket. We'll re-configure your server for you.

If we haven't already got to your ticket it will be in the next few hours. Hang tight. :)

Business Hours (typical): 9AM - 11PM PST (California)

Is this the support hours as well?

Typically, yes around these times. It's basically a ball park estimate of when we are able to provide support. Some days may be different, we can't guarantee anything.

If you have barely any knowledge about setting up a server, do you guys provide in depth explanation and instructions on how to do so? Or is it already pretty much done for us and we just need to set up the configurations i.e. night, day, timezone, etc?

We'll certainly help you with whatever you need, just make sure to purchase the Fully Managed option so we can assist you further. Most of it is pretty much done for you, but getting BEC/AntiHax setup to your liking might require some research (unless you have us set it up for you under the Fully Managed option).

Can you create a support ticket about this? Seems your issue is related to the aforementioned BEC problem.

Yeah, wish I had done that. Seriously have no clue what th instanceID was and can't find it anywhere in the config files.

About the BEC thing; I had setup the scheduler.xml to announce the regular restarts. It didn't save though, so I am also a bit in the dark about this one. I assumed you have to go to your 'configuration files'. After you installed the BEC it will show you some new configurable files

What is and what is not needed to setup isn't clear for me, but I used http://ibattle.org/i...-and-configure/ as reference to setup the scheduler.xml. I don't know if you need to configure any of the other files to make it actually work, bu I think you will need to setup the config.txt (BEC config) also.

Keep in touch and let me know if you figure it out!~

Please let us handle this, don't try to save the config file on your own. The BEC issue also needs to be adjusted by us. Please create a support ticket so we can fix you up.

I'm looking into buying a none hive server to play DayZ Lingor Island with my friends, do you also support that?

Not at the moment, we're planning on selling private hive / community hive servers in the near future.

I sent a few support tickets.

Edited by Sihte

Zeph, I can help if needed as well, just message me. I have learned through trial and error.

I purchased a server from survival servers a couple of days ago. Here is my review so far.

The Good

• After I made the purchase the server was up and running in 35 minutes... WOW.
  • The controls for the server are very easy to use.
  • Unlike other managed servers they seem to give you access to just about anything you would need.
  • I ran into one issue after the first day where my server would not turn on. I opened a ticket and in less than one hour my server was back up and running. (Hasn't been down since)
  • The staff was extremely polite and professional when they replied to the ticket.
  • Simple one click BEC and Anti-hack mod installation.

The Bad

(shortly after writing this I was told to downgrade to 96061 arma to fix my performance issues. Will try and update this post tomorrow)

• The website is lacking a knowledge base or any guides
  • I did notice poor performance when many people started getting on the server (around 20) but this has only happened once so i'm not sure if it will be a re-occuring issue.
  • The server is fairly good play quality. I get minor de-sync (when you get the red chain link symbol but you don't notice any particular lag)

Overall

Service: 5 out of 5 (Fast setup fast reply to ticket)

Cost: 5 ouf of 5 ($30/M is the best i've seen.)

Ease of use: 3 out of 5 (easy to use but no guides when you get stuck)

Performance: 3 out of 5 (I think it's more of a network issue vs server performance as i'm only using about 15% of my available resources)

I would recommend survival servers if you're looking for a low cost easy solution. However be cautious if you're wanting 40 people on your server and using the basic package.

post-53157-0-05793000-1346899260_thumb.p

Edited by Zombie Camper

Well everything appears to be set up but this is very confusing. How do we get our server linked to Six and DayZ Commander? Does it take some time?

Is there any sort of instructions or manual or anyone to help us set this server up?