SurvivalServers (DayZ)

Game Server Hosting by SurvivalServers.com *** INSTANT SETUP | CUSTOM CP | FTP | CUSTOM MODS | ANTI-HACK **

To change the tone of this thread, my server is working just fine with survival servers. I don't know why you are all pissing and moaning, anyone would think you are paying $2000 a month for a survival server...whats that $40 a month? ...really? I have just read from page 41 - 49 and it did my head in. Survival servers are doing there best, I have had many of the issues posted here (Most of which are due to the bliss hive!) and have had them resolved via support tickets. Have you tried opening a support ticket that doesn't say "MY SERVER IS DOWN WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE YOU BETTER FIX IT CAPITAL LETTERS111ONE!ONE1 I'LL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND POST BULLSHIT ON THE FORUMS IF YOU DON'T"? Have you tried PMing survival servers? Have you hopped into their teamspeak they have posted and requested assistance? I swear most of you stole your mummy's credit card and are under the age of 15 the way you bang on and on. I've said this before, and I'll say it again...please READ and understand it, I'll even put it in bold and keep it simple.

You are paying $40US a MONTH (That's $10 a week) for a 40 slot server that is hosted by a buggy game (Arma 2) you are then modifying that game to play a buggy alpha (Dayz) Ontop of that Bliss that is also known to be buggy. Not to mention having the ability to host this game is still a work in progress, it's only been a few months - It's early days. Of course there are going to be problems - and it's not just survival servers...move to another host and you'll more than likely experience the same thing! Combine all of these factors and what do you expect for $40? (Once again $10 a week!) If you answered you expect instant support and server hosting with no problems...read it again!

I am not affiliated nor do I work for survival servers once again, I like you have had a few problems, which have all been resolved when I take the time to explain in as much detail as possible what is happening with my server. Chad and Ryan are both friendly guys and are happy to help you out if you are patient...as they are busy most of the time, as to be expected.

Thanks so much for your support and realizing that yes we may have issues here and there, but we are always trying to solve these issues. It really means a lot to us that there are people who appreciate all of the hard work we are doing.

Update went FLAWLESS!!! thanks

Glad everything went well!

Yeah right. All the complaints and then magically people come in to say how great Survival Servers is. You either work there or they asked you to post this bullshit. Pages and Pages of complaints don't cover up the fact that Survival Servers sucks as a hosting company. Let's say your correct and your service has been good. Then why are you even in this thread. Let's say your correct again does that mean that everyone else is lying ???? I guess because you come in here to say how great Survival Servers are that means that everyone else is having the same experience. That's great that YOUR server is working correctly, quit posting in here and go enjoy your awesome server. The rest of us who have gotten crappy service from a crappy company will complain all we want to. I left Survival Servers because they are crap. The reason I'm still posting here is so that other people will not make the same mistake I did. If your reading this do your self a favor and go here http://www.tunngle.n...rolcenter-1726/ and set up your own server. The new bliss updates have just made things worse and caused more problems, indicated by all the complaints. Tents disappearing and time zone changes. Bliss 3.4 imo still is better than whats out now. Not sure about 3.7 but it seems with every update we have more problems.

Maxxgold why do you continue to post here? You have cycled through just about every dayz server host there is, and no host seems to be able to make you happy. 3.7 is a flawless release, and most of our customers are not having any of the problems you are speaking about, especially after this last update. So please stop spamming the forums and let people decide for themselves. You do realize we offer refunds to our customers if they file a cancellation request and it is a valid reason. You never submitted a request, you just decide to do a paypal dispute after 3 weeks. You say our servers are crap? We use Dual E5-2620's that have plenty of resources.

Let me know if this seems like something a "crappy" host would do:

Bliss v3.7 is released and now available in your TC Admin "Mod Manager." It's very important to follow these steps to avoid server issues/downtime.

We've tested extensively with every possible option and map to ensure a stable release.

** Community Hive Users -- The Bliss v3.7 update is VERY IMPORTANT- your v3.6 server will experience issues with players not syncing / vehicles / tents not syncing correctly if you do not update **

Bliss v3.7 Change log:

- New maps; Fallujah, Zargabad, Namalsk (this map ROCKS)

- [optional feature] Care packages; randomly spawned care packages will appear on your server on each restart (like heli crash sites) if you have this option enabled

- **PRIVATE HIVE CUSTOMERS** Building spawns; constructable buildings can be placed in your building & instance_building tables for permanet constructables

- Vehicle spawns for Namalsk (Fallujah coming soon)

- Bug fix: humanity not updating properly

Zargabad / Fallujah: NO vehicles at this time, working on it!

Namalsk: Up to 35+ vehicles!

Bliss v3.7 Installation Instructions

1. TC Admin -> Stop your server

2. TC Admin -> Mod Manager, uninstall v3.6 or v3.5 depending on which you are running

3. TC Admin -> Configuration Files -> server.cfg Config Editor, select the new settings you want (World, Bliss Settings) and save

4. **PRIVATE HIVE CUSTOMERS ONLY** Go to TC Admin -> Configuration Files -> server.cfg Config Editor, make sure the phpMyAdmin user / pass is set correctly (matches your phpMyAdmin info)

5. TC Admin -> Configuration Files -> bliss.ini Config Editor, click Save

6. TC Admin -> Commandline Manager -> Choose the world you want (must match server.cfg World)

7. TC Admin -> Mod Manager, install v3.7

8. TC Admin -> Mod Manager, install the map update that associates with the World you intend to play (must match server.cfg World)

9. DayZTools -> Server Settings, make sure the Time Zone is what you want and press Save Settings

10. DayZTools -> Run Task, wait to finish

11. TC Admin -> Start your server

** Make sure you have installed the map you are playing (for example, Namalsk) from DayZCommander before trying to log in to your server! **

Fully Managed Customers

Please create a support ticket requesting the v3.7 update - if you would prefer us to install it.

As with all of our support tickets, please allow up to 24 hours.

New Feature! Whitelister Pro

Whitelister Pro is a server-side whitelisting tool that enables your community OR private server to whitelist your players. It's recommended to upgrade to Bliss v3.7 before installing.

To install, follow these steps;

1. TC Admin -> Stop your server

2. TC Admin -> Mod Manager, install Whitelister Pro

3. TC Admin -> Configuration Files -> server.xml text editor, change your welcome message and Save

4. DayZTools -> Tools -> Whitelister Pro, add your GUID or IP address (GUID is recommended) and Add

-- to find your GUID use a tool like DaRT (available here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68933-dart-a-lightweight-dayz-rcon-tool-v061-15102012/)

5. TC Admin -> Start your server

6. Verify you did not get kicked. It's recommended to remove your GUID and test again to see the kick message :)

Bug Fix! Time Zone from DayZTools Server Settings Issue

This bug has been fixed. Be sure to align the time zone from DayZtools server settings (your server's actual time zone) with the time zone from TC Admin -> Configuration Files -> server.cfg Config Editor -> time zone (host name only) based on the zone you want.

Bug Fix! DayZTools Vehicle Spawns Few Vehicles

Fixed spawn vehicle code. Vehicles now spawn in accordance with database settings.

Commonly Asked Question - BEC Scheduled Restarts Time Zone Difference

BEC is based on server time (set from DayZTools -> Server Settings -> Time Zone)

TC Admin "Scheduled Restarts" are based on GMT-7 time (always)

Be sure to sync your BEC scheduler up with GMT-7 to accurately notify your users of the upcoming restart.

ETAs / Things We're Working On

502 Gateway Errors;

This week. We are moving survivalservers.com away to another server which should eradicate the 502 gateway errors.

DayZAdmin entities not appearing;

2-3 days. This is a fix that we've been waiting on v3.7 for.

DayZTools -> Database Backup/Restore Tool;

This week.

rMod settings / spawns;

This week.

Vehicle min/max limits per vehicle per map;

This week.

Private / Community Hive Forum

Find us @ http://survivalservers.com/forum

We'll be adding tutorials, FAQs, and answerng questions in the coming days. Forum is still undergoing maintenance this week.

Need Help? Join us on Teamspeak!

209.222.91.34:9987

Sincerely,

Survival Servers

Here is some of our usage to prove we're not stressing our machines too much.

yNjGQ.png

• Like 1

the bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error,

the bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error bad gateway 502 Error,

You're close to the ban///Griffon

Edited by Griffon

the bad gateway 502

I hate that error as much as the next guy but you are being very immature about this. On that note,I've had problems with SS it has not been great service. I can see they are making an attempt, which a lot a companies in server hosting and others industries I cannot say that about them. The 502 errors are a completely different issue then server stability. SS gave a completely legitimate reason as to why it is happening if you know anything about web hosting which you obviously don't have the slightest clue. Would have I liked for it to resolved soon? Of course but sometimes that type of problem takes time to ironed out. If you are no longer a customer move on. We heard your opinion, your constant ranting about your problems and suggesting people run their own server

Let me ask you this who has the bandwidth in their home to host a server reliably? Very few people have the possibility of that, upgrading your internet to handle that would end up costing more than it would to just host a server.

I hate that error as much as the next guy but you are being very immature about this. On that note,I've had problems with SS it has not been great service. I can see they are making an attempt, which a lot a companies in server hosting and others industries I cannot say that about them. The 502 errors are a completely different issue then server stability. SS gave a completely legitimate reason as to why it is happening if you know anything about web hosting which you obviously don't have the slightest clue. Would have I liked for it to resolved soon? Of course but sometimes that type of problem takes time to ironed out. If you are no longer a customer move on. We heard your opinion, your constant ranting about your problems and suggesting people run their own server

Let me ask you this who has the bandwidth in their home to host a server reliably? Very few people have the possibility of that, upgrading your internet to handle that would end up costing more than it would to just host a server.

Just upgraded to fios Quantum and I'm not having any issues running this in my home.I have 2 server banks in my home so I think I know what I'm talking about. I already have people sending me messages on how to help them set this up as well. It only cost me 30 dollars to upgrade to quantum. We were running a 50 person Minecraft Server and never had any problems and that was just with regular FIOS so I think I will be fine. You can hop on the server yourself and see. It's located below. Also when I rented from Survival Servers it was hard for my server to show up on public lists.Well now that I'm hosting it myself it shows up on the 6 updater and DayZ commander and in game Arma 2. It rarely showed up without putting in the exact information when Survival Servers Hosted it. HFB it always showed up as well.

Edited by Maxxgold

Just upgraded to fios Quantum and I'm not having any issues running this in my home.I have 2 server banks in my home so I think I know what I'm talking about. I already have people sending me messages on how to help them set this up as well. It only cost me 30 dollars to upgrade to quantum. We were running a 50 person Minecraft Server and never had any problems and that was just with regular FIOS so I think I will be fine. You can hop on the server yourself and see. It's located below. Also when I rented from Survival Servers it was hard for my server to show up on public lists.Well now that I'm hosting it myself it shows up on the 6 updater and DayZ commander and in game Arma 2. It rarely showed up without putting in the exact information when Survival Servers Hosted it. HFB it always showed up as well.

That's nice, but not all areas offer the speeds required to host a well functioning server affordable for the average person. A Minecraft server is a completely different game and engine and uses way less data. As far as the server being visible while using SS, I have not once ever had a problem seeing it anywhere in game, sixlauncher or dayzcommander nor has anyone else reported to me not being able to find it. Our sever has been full the past week and a half every evening. Most of the players are randoms that found us by chance or others by word of mouth that had at most US 1011 and they found us no problem.

I'm glad your server is working well, and I wish you the best of luck but if your doing so well and you are no longer on SS why continue posting in this thread? You aren't contributing anything your just stating the same things over and over again.

The new whitelist feature is awesome, i disabled the Gotcha ANtihax whitelist. The SS Whitelist works great. No issues on upgrading. Just waiting on seeing the care packages and figuring how to spawn buildings!!!!

The new whitelist feature is awesome, i disabled the Gotcha ANtihax whitelist. The SS Whitelist works great. No issues on upgrading. Just waiting on seeing the care packages and figuring how to spawn buildings!!!!

Yea I gave spawning buildings ago but didn't have much luck. Could have been the building I tried though. I added it to the buildings table, then to instance_buildings just you would with a vehicle, restarted the server but it wasn't there so I'm going to try some other buildings and see what ones might work.

double post sorry

Edited by Wadt007

So can anyone help me out with adding buildings? Here's what I did:

First I went to the Buildings table and added this building just as a test Land_Mil_Barracks and assigned it an id of 2.

Then I went to instance_buildings and selected 2 and chose my instance id of 1011. Then I copied the worldspace of where I logged out where my character was from the database

Pasted those cords into the location field. Then I logged back into the game to move my character so i didn't die somehow ;)

Restart the server and no building. I have tried it with Land_Mil_Barracks & Land_Barrack2_EP1 so far. This is the world space that I put in; [71,[7229.53,14992.8,0.0017395]]

Greetings!

I'm currently helping an admin modify his server a bit (of course he's renting from SS) and we came across a very annoying problem yesterday.

You see, we were editing the Lingor Island map to add an LHD and some other ships as well as a custom military base just slightly north of the Maruko Airfield. We did this in two stages. First I added the LHD and the other ships off the coast, loaded the modified pbo to the server and tried it out. It seemed to work just fine. While I was working on building that military base I mentioned the admin stopped the server and installed the new Bliss update (3.7). Once I was happy with my base I repacked the pbo again and uploaded it. However, this time, as soon as someone gets in the game we get spammed on DaRT by a message that looks something like this:

"[DATE/TIME] Script Log #0 [Player] (Player's GUID) - #126 [Varies: true;false; ManPostHandGunCrouch; 4+8+16; DestructDefault; and some other things]"

Now I thought I had messed up something so we went back to the original pbo for Lingor. However, the spamming continues. And it's not just filling our logs, it also causes massive lag and desyncs even when there's only one player in the server!

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

That's an easy fix and is related to installing Bliss v3.7 before we made an adjustment to it (within 30 minutes of launching it last night), please submit a support ticket or reach out to Chad on teamspeak to resolve it.

For those of you who might not have noticed, we are now offering tons of new Maps, including the new Namalsk map.

All customers can use this map and any other maps that we offer at any of our available locaitons. The maps can also be switched very easily, just ask us for help.

Use Promo Code SAVEDAYZ to get a $5 lifetime discount off your order today! (Coupon ends 10/28 11:59 PM PST)

Features you get with a Private server:

-phpMyAdmin Database access http://www.survivals...ments.php?id=14 (modify vehicle spawn locations, change vehicle types, change player inventory and new character inventory. Place custom buildings and build your own bases!)

-Map Tools (This is a feature offered that shows in game vehicle locations, we are also adding more features to this shortly)

-DayZTools http://www.survivals...ments.php?id=15 (Spawn new vehicles fully repaired or partially damaged, remove wire fencing and tank traps)

-TC Admin login (Start/stop your server. Setup scheduled restarts and MOTD)

-BEC and Anti-Hax optional (Keep the hackers out!)

-Bliss 3.7 (Stay up to date with the latest bug fixes)

-rMod Optional (Spawn in tanks/jets/choppers and more)

-Whitelister Pro (Protect your server with an optional whitelister)

Namalsk Screenshot:

xv1YM.jpg

Edited by SurvivalServers

Still no Bad Gateway 502 fix.

My server is due for renewel on Saturday so I guess I will be cancelling now, as this hasn't been fixed for nearly 2 weeks now.

To all those ppl getting 502 when editing the database. Download a mysql client, I use HeidiSQL as its free. Input your mysql details and use that. No more 502, have my changes saved, lets bitch on the forums about it problems.

As for the survivalservers.com site, just refresh the page a few times. Takes me no longer than 30 seconds to connect after 502 error. Same for the dayz tools and map.

To all those ppl getting 502 when editing the database. Download a mysql client, I use HeidiSQL as its free. Input your mysql details and use that. No more 502, have my changes saved, lets bitch on the forums about it problems.

As for the survivalservers.com site, just refresh the page a few times. Takes me no longer than 30 seconds to connect after 502 error. Same for the dayz tools and map.

If you get around the bad gateway error by simply refreshing the page your a very lucky man.

I don't seem to be getting any problems at the moment with the server and have switched to Namalsk, the server is greyed out but works fine.

I am having problems with the map tool as that doesn't seem to update as well as it used to. The main problems do seem to be over but it would of been good customer service if they offered people compensation for downtime. But instead they only offered it to people who saw a specific error.

But like Maxxgold I have now set up my own private server and if all goes well with that tonight and we don't experience much lag I too will be ending my subscription to Survival Servers. Survival Servers service annoyed me that much I looked into how to host my own server that pretty much says it all in regards to their service over the pass 2 weeks.

I will add though that *WHEN* the server is up and running correctly the server is alwas quick and never seems stressed. I really enjoyed the first two weeks of the service they provided, I don't know how good other server providers are but when they are all working correctly I seriously doubt any off them are better than each other (except vilayer I always found when joining their servers slow and have higher pings), but Survival Servers do have by far the best tools available again *WHEN* they work.

Edited by bsmaff
  • Like 1

If you get around the bad gateway error by simply refreshing the page your a very lucky man.

I don't seem to be getting any problems at the moment with the server and have switched to Namalsk, the server is greyed out but works fine.

I am having problems with the map tool as that doesn't seem to update as well as it used to. The main problems do seem to be over but it would of been good customer service if they offered people compensation for downtime. But instead they only offered it to people who saw a specific error.

But like Maxxgold I have now set up my own private server and if all goes well with that tonight and we don't experience much lag I too will be ending my subscription to Survival Servers. Survival Servers service annoyed me that much I looked into how to host my own server that pretty much says it all in regards to their service over the pass 2 weeks.

I will add though that *WHEN* the server is up and running correctly the server is alwas quick and never seems stressed. I really enjoyed the first two weeks of the service they provided, I don't know how good other server providers are but when they are all working correctly I seriously doubt any off them are better than each other (except vilayer I always found when joining their servers slow and have higher pings), but Survival Servers do have by far the best tools available again *WHEN* they work.

Yes, we did offer people compensation for downtime, but only if the server was actually down. If your server was still running and you had the ability to start/stop and edit the database, then you were not compensated.

You have to expect regular maintenance on some of the tools, the map tool is just an available option that we do not even charge extra for. It comes with the private server as an added feature.

Also, Grumpyhamster is correct. There is a way around the 502 errors. Use a program like MySQL Workbench or HeidiSQL. This will let you use your database with no 502 errors. On the other hand, we just bought our new web server about 2 days ago and we are still waiting for it to be setup. Once it is setup, the 502's will be gone.

on a funny note.. i tried to get to this thread, and it said 502 Gateway error. .. its infectious!!!

On another note, I have noticed that the New whitelister Pro is hit or miss when it works. Seems like after a server restart, the program doesnt rcon back in right way, or never does. I have had to uninstall and reinstall 2 times to get it to work. I put in a ticket on it, but i just thought id see if anyone else is having the issue.

Ok.

I'm not the kind of guy that praise or whine, but i keep getting ignored both here and on the support ticket.

I keep recieving info like "your GMT issue is fixed!"

"DayZtools work now for your server!"

and so on...

But my server status is "unknown" since 3 days ago.

All i get was a mail telling about a "hard disk failure" on the machine that host my server, followed by "we will solve this immediately".

Now, i probably miss the meaning of "immediately" but i hope that 4 days will be enough for you to solve the problem.

Edited by ziogualty

Regarding the 502 errors, I've made it very clear that we are switching servers to fix this issue. That will be happening today/tomorrow - depending on a few factors. Should be done by Sunday -- latest.

Regarding the Germany server hard disk failure.. hard drive failures happen and some times they are not recoverable (like in this case).

The datacenter attempted to recover the hard drive but was not successful, which is why it took so long. Unfortunately, all data was lost on that server but we have a backup of important stuff like server information / configuration variables / etc.

We'll be reinstalling your game service tonight and compensating for the downtime.

Edited by SurvivalServers

What can i say?

What can i do?

Nothing.

Shit happens, and the fan it fell into is at full speed, aiming my direction.

Aknowledged.

Tomorrow is another day.

Can you do a fresh install on my server? I am having tons of issues, ignore everything but the latest reply in my ticket.