echosyp

US 23 - Now on Vilayer's Hive! Teamspeak Server, Live Streaming Channel, CONTEST COMING SOON! Prize: Computer Parts

Server appears to have gone down for some reason. I can't restart it, I assume Vilayer is running some sort of updates or something. Server control is out of my hands right now.

Desync is back and will have more information tomorrow.

Edited by Psychobob

Hello everyone, I am back home FINALLY. Took me 17 hours to get down to Louisiana and only 13 1/2 to get back home. I am off work today so I will be online pretty much all day.

Server is back up and running and waiting on you to come play on it.

anyone else have any problems with the ATVS? because I just had one and out of nowhere it blew up, lost my SVD... didnt even get to shoot it :'(.

anyone else have any problems with the ATVS? because I just had one and out of nowhere it blew up, lost my SVD... didnt even get to shoot it :'(.

ATVs are risky, any small bumps will either flip or make them blow up. Also being shot from a long distance can't really be heard while driving an ATV

Found a tractor just outside the NWAF North Barracks.. dead guy next to it, Pawn, and it was FULL of guns. M249, FN FAL, AKM, M16, M4A3 CCO, M16 ACOG.. thanks <3.

Also for the ATV... they are seriousally broken in DayZ.. I hit something, engine was fine.. drove 5 minutes down a straight and clear road and it just blew up. Don't drive them on ANY bridge either.

Found a tractor just outside the NWAF North Barracks.. dead guy next to it, Pawn, and it was FULL of guns. M249, FN FAL, AKM, M16, M4A3 CCO, M16 ACOG.. thanks <3.

That m16 ACOG is mine, I will kill-on-sight anyone I see with one.... /glare

Edited by Psychobob

Whomever Killed Me while I was AFK and took my URAL...

haha.. I was the one that killed you. I was about 100m from your base (not knowing it was there) and I was observing the closest city through my binoculars when I heard what sounded like a car door slamming. Then I saw the vw van driving around and I went prone and watched you move some vehicles around for a few minutes. I spent a good 5 minutes sneaking up through the evergreens, and when I crawled in and saw you laying prone with your gun. Sorry, I had no idea you were afk. I took the URAL and in a panic I ran over some tents on the way out. As soon as you came on global chat and said you were AFK, I hopped out of the URAL and marked its spot on the map so you could retrieve it. I tried to send you a direct message but couldn't figure it out.

That m16 ACOG is mine, I will kill-on-sight anyone I see with one.... /glare

I've suddenly adopted a KOS mentality whilst wielding said gun. :X

haha.. I was the one that killed you. I was about 100m from your base (not knowing it was there) and I was observing the closest city through my binoculars when I heard what sounded like a car door slamming. Then I saw the vw van driving around and I went prone and watched you move some vehicles around for a few minutes. I spent a good 5 minutes sneaking up through the evergreens, and when I crawled in and saw you laying prone with your gun. Sorry, I had no idea you were afk. I took the URAL and in a panic I ran over some tents on the way out. As soon as you came on global chat and said you were AFK, I hopped out of the URAL and marked its spot on the map so you could retrieve it. I tried to send you a direct message but couldn't figure it out.

Nice. You could have kept it, It was my fault for being afk. I was going to give that blue van away but I forgot something and ran back up to my camp then had to go AFK. Lol. Desync found the URAL this morning and I moved my camp, someone else took the blue van.

I kinda thought that someone had to have seen me park that van. After it was gone my group went north where we thought it was and FrostedWheaties ended up being killed. Lol.

Edited by Psychobob

Server is currently down. We are updating to a new DayZ package from Vilayer so we can change between Lingor Island and Chernarus.

But this does not mean we will be playing Lingor on the server anytime soon, we MIGHT have Lingor weekends or something like that.

Sounds good Desync. Also thanks for clearing up the confusion shawn we were looking for hours lol

Been playing Lingor all afternoon.

That map is excellent. You can go in 95% of the buildings and the towns are a bit closer together. I was in one large town with an airstrip, bunkers, apartment, warehouses, a store, 2 schools (iirc), and some other building all close together. It's going to be great for shootouts.

*edit

Oops.. isn't "that other map" being discussed on these forums frowned upon by the admins?

Edited by OFC_Bill

how many people are on this server at a time usually, I'm trying to find a server that has a low population and isn't filled with dicks.

Wondrous usually when I'm playing it around 10-15, Most I have seen those is 20 and even then most of the people are chilling in their camps or scavenging for good because I haven't seen a zombie count more then about 200.

The configuration files for the server are being edited now and it will be up soon. We believe that the server may be completely reset back to 0. All vehicles and tents may be gone and ready to be collected as if the server is new. We're not positive until we log in but we suspect this is the case.

If this is the case, please save all tents after setting them up and using them and such so we don't get swamped with a bunch of duped items.

Edited by Psychobob

The configuration files for the server are being edited now and it will be up soon. We believe that the server may be completely reset back to 0. All vehicles and tents may be gone and ready to be collected as if the server is new. We're not positive until we log in but we suspect this is the case.

If this is the case, please save all tents after setting them up and using them and such so we don't get swamped with a bunch of duped items.

The only way this would happen is if the DayZ devs reset your mission file. We were forced to request that this be done after much hacker trouble on our old server.

Edited by enRage

Actually we have reset back to nothing. Seems Vilayer host their own hive now and they are partners with DayZ Commander. We was going to add the ability to change to Lingor Island and when we done that we became a part of Vilayer's hive.

Which is as of right now ok with just about everyone else. We currently have DOUBLE vehicles, so any vehicle that spawns on a normal DayZ server has spawned twice here. So that means 2x choppers, 4x offroad trucks, and every other vehicle has spawned double.

We are now on 1.7.2.5 but Vilayer has fixed all the tent and vehicle saving abilities. Parachutes will work in the chopper now! BTW which is freakin awesome!

Actually we have reset back to nothing. Seems Vilayer host their own hive now and they are partners with DayZ Commander. We was going to add the ability to change to Lingor Island and when we done that we became a part of Vilayer's hive.

Which is as of right now ok with just about everyone else. We currently have DOUBLE vehicles, so any vehicle that spawns on a normal DayZ server has spawned twice here. So that means 2x choppers, 4x offroad trucks, and every other vehicle has spawned double.

We are now on 1.7.2.5 but Vilayer has fixed all the tent and vehicle saving abilities. Parachutes will work in the chopper now! BTW which is freakin awesome!

Well, guess that means no more BF3 tonight! I assume the server is up now?

-Pros-

Latest Patch for DayZ and working properly (1.7.2.5)

Vehicles will save properly.

Tents will no longer dupe themselves.

No longer possible to dupe items.

No more duped items all over the server.

Fresh server: No barricades in annoying places, Vehicles in their original spawns ready for the taking.

DOUBLE the amount of vehicles from the original server.

Increased Admin Control over the server.

We can host Lingor weekends or change to Lingor and back to Chenarus any time we want. (Players can easily switch to Lingor & back with Dayz Commander.)

-Cons-

Fresh Start - You spawn on the coast with the default items.

You can't take items from this server to other servers outside the Vilayer hive

You can't bring items from any server outside the Vilayer hive to this server.

Edited by Psychobob

Well, guess that means no more BF3 tonight! I assume the server is up now?

It is up and running, weird way to have to search for it.

Go to the Arma 2 main menu and click on Multiplayer, go down bottom and click on FILTER and search for Desync, you should see our server named DayZ Chernarus and will have Desync | Vilayer.com at the end of it.