echosyp

US 23 - Now on Vilayer's Hive! Teamspeak Server, Live Streaming Channel, CONTEST COMING SOON! Prize: Computer Parts

I'll try to come down and see if the server is nice enough.

Just recently had my tent washed down a river (tent was atop a mountain, fancy how it could go down a river).

Only thing I'm iffy about is about loosing the goodies from the 1.7.2.4 to 1.7.2.5 update.

Maybe I'll wait and really join when the server gets updated when/if the tent/vehicle despawn problem is fixed.

The only real loss when downgrading to 1.7.2.4 is the humanity skins. The next update we'll have is 1.7.3 whenever it's released. 1.7.2.5 was a terrible patch, it caused more errors than anything else.

I tried joining your server last night and glitched with "Walter White was killed" and teleported to the coast :lol:

When you downgrade that pretty much happens every time. You should still have all your gear.

I have sort of a noob question. I can't quite get DayZ to work with Steam. For some reason if I run combined operations off steam, 90 percent of servers come back with red Xs and my version isn't the same. If I run off six launcher, exit the game and go to multiplayer, all servers are fine. What am I doing wrong here. Been playing for 2 months without steam. I stopped playing because I was mainly lone wolfing. Never even attempted the fun stuff like cars and would be much much easier if i could use steam. Hopefully I get this worked out and see you all soon. I can give more info like version numbers when I get home from work.

Edited by zazzaro703

Desync and Psychobob - I've seen you in teamspeak a few times but haven't had a chance to talk with you guys. Thanks for the server! My buddy Col. Oneil and I have been playing here for about 2 or 3 weeks. I haven't seen any cheaters however I have stumbled upon a camp or two with scripted items including a thermal FAL. We've been sort of out for blood since we ran into so many cheaters on our last server and getting back stabbed that we started killing everything on sight. Now that's out of our system I just wanted to say thanks and I will be mindful of who is in my scopes. I don't want to accidentally kill you guys/be killed since you play fair and don't abuse your powers.

Thanks. We've had a few cheaters and even hackers but we generally catch them pretty quickly. If you find any hacked in weapons just drop em out in the woods or whatever. We won't ban people for having "illegal" weapons unless they continually ignore our warnings to get rid of them. Do be afraid to kill us, Lol. We don't mind having a fun gunfight every now and then.

I have sort of a noob question. I can't quite get DayZ to work with Steam. For some reason if I run combined operations off steam, 90 percent of servers come back with red Xs and my version isn't the same. If I run off six launcher, exit the game and go to multiplayer, all servers are fine. What am I doing wrong here. Been playing for 2 months without steam. I stopped playing because I was mainly lone wolfing. Never even attempted the fun stuff like cars and would be much much easier if i could use steam. Hopefully I get this worked out and see you all soon. I can give more info like version numbers when I get home from work.

I think to get it to work with steam you've gotta copy the ArmA2OA.exe from from the beta folder and replace the original.

Just go to "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/Expansion/Beta" and copy the Arma2OA.exe from there into your main Operation Arrowhead folder and replace it. Then In steam, add a non-steam game and select the .exe you just replaced. After it's added, right click it and go to properties and click "Set Launch Options" and enter these launch options at the end of the Target box.

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@DayZ -nosplash

Then rename it to whatever you want and launch it from steam, it should work. If that doesn't work. Try looking for a tutorial or using DayZ commander to launch the game.

Edited by Psychobob

We try to make our server fair for everyone to enjoy and try to get rid of any problems before they get out of hand. We don't mind being shot at as it is hard enough keeping track of everyone.

Not sure how long I will be out of town but I know Bob will take care of everything. I have steam on my phone and it works sometimes so hit me up if you need anything and I will try to answer as soon as I can.

I use the Steam versions myself.

Drop 6 Launcher and go with DayZ Commander. Commander will let you switch A2 and DZ versions easily. You won't even have to have Steam running.

Speck did you happen to leave the tractor in the nw airfield firehouse? We also found the flame red bike tonight ^^

Speck did you happen to leave the tractor in the nw airfield firehouse? We also found the flame red bike tonight ^^

No the tractor is somewhere....else. And yea, the bike apparently cannot hit a zombie without breaking a wheel, so we had to ditch it. Good times though!

When you downgrade that pretty much happens every time. You should still have all your gear.

I was able to get my gear back after joining another server. :)

Did the server lose vehicles/tents? Or did all my stuff get found lol

I'll check right now, i'm sure they're just not loading properly after the restart.

Indeed this was the problem, it's fixed now. It's some bug, sometimes after the scheduled restarts vehicles, tents and barricades won't load in properly. Just have to restart again to fix it.

Edited by Psychobob

I'll check right now, i'm sure they're just not loading properly after the restart.

Indeed this was the problem, it's fixed now. It's some bug, sometimes after the scheduled restarts vehicles, tents and barricades won't load in properly. Just have to restart again to fix it.

You guys are seriously awesome, just throwing that out there. Thank you for checking, and fixing it, so quickly.

anyone else get their tents raided? Even after a server restart things are missing?

• Like 1

I've downgraded, and tried joining the server.. however I get stuck at the loading screen.

1.7.2.4 / 96061 are my versions, same as the server

I've downgraded, and tried joining the server.. however I get stuck at the loading screen.

1.7.2.4 / 96061 are my versions, same as the server

If you use Six Launcher then it will auto update back to 1.7.2.5. If you don't use it then I'm not sure what the issue is.

I'm using Commander..

I'm not sure what the issue is. Try deleting your @DayZ folder and reinstalling it using Commander.

• Like 1

Hope everything is going good on the server. Still in Louisiana working.

Just checking in on everyone.

• Like 1

Hope everything is going good on the server. Still in Louisiana working.

Just checking in on everyone.

Server is going great man! There were about 7 people on the teamspeak who didnt know each other, yet were being friendly and helping each other out.