Sign in to follow this  
Killburn

What to do with an already picked up hacked gun?

So my buddy and me were patrolling the coast today and stumbled upon a nice camp filled with the gunZ of our dreams. Of course we were doing two looting runs and happened to pick up some decent firearms. When we returned to our home, we wanted to check the weapons' stats we just found and did not find the "M4A1 Holo SD" with an underslung M203 in the DayZ wiki.

So after a little googling it appears that this gun is hacked, scripted or whatever you want to call it. So we decided to drop it and not to save it.

I don't know if the camp owners did the hacking as I definetly know that all other guns were legit (already seen them at other places and in the wiki). It appears strange for a hacker to have only ONE hacked gun in their tents.

So are our actions bannable?

Would it have been fine to keep the gun?

After all we didn't hack or something but this weapon should have appeared in the serverlogs in the inventory of my buddy for some time.

What do you do if yo stumble upon hacked weaponry and items? And even worse when you realise their not legit and have already picked them up.

Edited by Killburn

You can't be banned for finding the hacked weapons, only for spawning them in. I usually just place them on a zombie's body and then hide that body

• Like 3

enjoy using it

i dont see anything bad in using a hacked gun as long as it wasnt u who scripted to get it

• Like 3

Rocket said you can't be banned for using hacked equipment, only finding it.

It is frowned upon to use hacked equipment, but not bannable.

• Like 1

Bulf is correct. The only bannable offense is hacking itself, racism, and abusive behavior (IE constant harassment etc).

Infact even if you know its a hacked weapon as long as you didnt spawn it, you are allowed to use it. (Although from what I have read it marks your account for what I suspect is further investigation to see how often you actually are picking up scripted weapons (IE every life? working with an actual hacker).

The honest and fair thing though is to do what he said and destroy it via hiding zombie or player bodies w it on it

• Like 1

Many servers kick and/or ban if you are using hacked weapons, whether they are "allowed" to or not, but no, you can't get a global ban from BE.

• Like 1

Open a Zombie's inventory, transfer hacked weapon to the body, hide the body afterwards.

Put it in someone's vehicle, shoot out some of the tires, wait for the perfect moment then blow the vehicle sky high along with your victims.

• Like 1

you got rid of it - good thing

maybe the following might help for future questions concerning hacked weapons:

1. read the battleye site, support

No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity. Therefore all requests mentioning these things as possible reasons for the global ban are ignored.

2. get rid of it - as stated by others, best thing is to use a zombie ... think about it - why would anyone hack this weapon? come on, it's not because it looks horryfying from a 1000m or so, it's most of the time a better weapon.

3. you will die. do you want others to shoot you with exactly that hacked weapon that someone found on your corpse someday?

i always see threads like that and think - "if i steal from a bankrobber, i can keep that money, tell me that i'm right"

Edited by Error10110
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I dont bother being watched by BE, I dont do anything hacky. Hope that no server admin gets angry when looking at the logs or something (after all we didnt use it, just picked it up, noted that it was hacked via internet and dropped it). We made the server our home during the last couple of days and a local ban would be... not good.

We dropped the gun on the ground some place near our camp. As far as I know this means it will dissapear after some time and will never be seen or heard from ever again.

If we would have known it was hacked in the first place we would've blown up the tent. I am also strictly against hacked weapon use.

Again thanks for the replies, I hope that this incident will just pass by.

Edit: before I forget it... I will give you a couple of beans for the quick responses.

Edited by Killburn

weapons dont particularly disappear, only after a server restart.

I wouldn't stress about server admins and using a hacked gun.

The only hacked weapon I would be careful using is the TWS AS50, mainly because that's the hacker weapon of choice and you will be more likely to be judged for having one. (It's a very distinctive looking weapon)

If I see someone running around with a G3SD it's not a particularly big deal, seeing as it's not a significant upgrade over the M4A1 CCO SD. The weapon you are talking about is basically obtainable without the SD part, it's only got a 400m effective range so it's basically a fair fight for anyone. I say enjoy your weapon, if you get banned server side appeal the ban and link to this post :)

• Like 1

I think you should just use it. Imagine there is a zombie apocalypse in real life, would you care about moral ? So, at least I would not. If you've got it, you've got it, period.

I think you should just use it. Imagine there is a zombie apocalypse in real life, would you care about moral ? So, at least I would not. If you've got it, you've got it, period.

So the hackers are completely right by cheating, because it is a zombie apocalypse and they should use every weapons they can ?

PI1gb.jpg

Edited by Tiri
  • Like 1

So the hackers are completely right by cheating, because it is a zombie apocalypse and they should use every weapons they can ?

That's not my point. I was talking about FINDING a hacked gun or killing a hacker and take his gear. I think you should just feel lucky and take it, it's like finding an extremely rare weapon, sooner or later you will lose it anyway. P.S: Facepalm was needless, dude ...

What to do with an already picked up hacked gun?

Shoot someone with it

• Like 1

So i found one of those as50 tws several times off dead bodies of hackers but also once from a random box on the ground and after finding it i didnt play the game in a few weeks and when i try to join a game it has banned me. I found them and i didnt hack them in so does anyone know if i can get my account back? because i didnt even hack them in i just found them

So i found one of those as50 tws several times off dead bodies of hackers but also once from a random box on the ground and after finding it i didnt play the game in a few weeks and when i try to join a game it has banned me. I found them and i didnt hack them in so does anyone know if i can get my account back? because i didnt even hack them in i just found them

You had better go through the BaN Appeals Forum, it really does depend on which type of Ban you have received.

Read the Stickies please.

http://dayzmod.com/f...18-ban-appeals/