byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

hehe well it sounds like you were on in the "down time" :)

Usually at the afternoon and everning we have 10-20 people online in general :)

But people come from all over the world, so they have different prime times :D

I could not join the server because "[lot of files]...... are not signed by a key accepted by this server". I have gotten this on other servers too, but some servers work.

These servers work for me: de 3, de 4, de sanctuary 60+ vehicles, and some other. I don't have a keys-file right now. I had one earlier but it didn't fix anything.

hmm. could it have something to do with where you downloaded your lingor files perhaps? or your version? i know they change keys for each version, so you might have version 0.33 and not 0.34

hmm. could it have something to do with where you downloaded your lingor files perhaps? or your version? i know they change keys for each version, so you might have version 0.33 and not 0.34

No, this is a problem that a lot of people are having and I have not found a solution. I have the newest of everything, but the official downloads for dayz lingor does not include a keys-file anymore. Can you upload your own keys-file, if you have one?

well, dunno if i can update the key as its part of a server package.

I remember one having issues with it and a cache check on steam and reinstalling dayz, arma II beta and lingor worked for him :( thats all i know

Will be back from vacation on saturday evening.

Byr, now you own me an ATV and NVGs...

bad version might have something to do with the arma beta or lingor version?

Try doing a reinstall using my links mate.

And yes ava, i owe you alot lol. list keep pilling :D

Hey mates,

according to some questions how to handle the banditry rule I will give some examples.

But first of all you got to keep in mind, that banditry is allowed!

This means, looking at the bandit himself, he wont accept any rules, because it ties to his nature. :rolleyes:

What we ask for is a certain code of conduct.

In an engagement one-on-one, instead of just shooting the survivor to pieces, the bandit could sneak up and yell a command like "dont move or get shot" in direct chat. Then he gives orders to drop the weapon, sit down or to open inventory. So he can aquire items from the victims stuff quite safe.

If the victim doesn't cooperate or runs away, he will be compelled to shoot.

If the bandit decides to go against a looting-party of well equipped survivors, any warning would turn into a disadvantage, as odds are already against him.

But instead of tossing grenades all over the place, a plain snipe, forcing the survivors to look for him, could do the job.

Perhaps he manages to lure them out, sneaks in and, if they left a guard, catch him napping.

Afterall its not possible to set strict rules, as situations will be different one from another.

Survivors should think about what to do not to be caught sitting duck.

And the bandit should take a leg- but head-shot into consideration.

Have a nice day! :)

• Like 1

Thats a very nice piece of writing mate :) exactly what i had in mind.

I like the code of conduct and how it would make it A LOT more realistic, this is a simulator after all :) not a war game hehe.

Edited by Byrgesen

Hey mates,

according to some questions how to handle the banditry rule I will give some examples.

But first of all you got to keep in mind, that banditry is allowed!

This means, looking at the bandit himself, he wont accept any rules, because it ties to his nature. :rolleyes:

What we ask for is a certain code of conduct.

In an engagement one-on-one, instead of just shooting the survivor to pieces, the bandit could sneak up and yell a command like "dont move or get shot" in direct chat. Then he gives orders to drop the weapon, sit down or to open inventory. So he can aquire items from the victims stuff quite safe.

If the victim doesn't cooperate or runs away, he will be compelled to shoot.

If the bandit decides to go against a looting-party of well equipped survivors, any warning would turn into a disadvantage, as odds are already against him.

But instead of tossing grenades all over the place, a plain snipe, forcing the survivors to look for him, could do the job.

Perhaps he manages to lure them out, sneaks in and, if they left a guard, catch him napping.

Afterall its not possible to set strict rules, as situations will be different one from another.

Survivors should think about what to do not to be caught sitting duck.

And the bandit should take a leg- but head-shot into consideration.

Have a nice day! :)

How is this supposed to work? Without nametags and any model customization how can you tell who is a bandit and who is ally? At this moment, a bandit could just move into a medium sized group without being recognized, waiting for the perfect moment to strike, what would never be possible in real life.

As long as following the above "rules of conduct" is kinda voluntary -as Bandits can always say it was a "special" situation where they had to shoot on sight- theres no point in not to shoot every unknown contact you encounter. I tried playing honorable on public servers several times and every time I had to pay the price for it.

Hmm not really sure whats happening i followed the instructions and now the game starts by showing thoose 6 boxes as it always does (small loading thingy) after that the game usualy pops up imidietly but now it takes about 30-40 seconds after that loading thing has dissapered to start.

Besides that minor problem the big problem is that when i the game actually opens i see the host screen for about 1-2 seconds and then it leaves the server atuomaticly. Any idea to why this is?

How is this supposed to work? Without nametags and any model customization how can you tell who is a bandit and who is ally? At this moment, a bandit could just move into a medium sized group without being recognized, waiting for the perfect moment to strike, what would never be possible in real life.

As long as following the above "rules of conduct" is kinda voluntary -as Bandits can always say it was a "special" situation where they had to shoot on sight- theres no point in not to shoot every unknown contact you encounter. I tried playing honorable on public servers several times and every time I had to pay the price for it.

I see your problem but its very easy to handle. This is not official server, aka we DONT just kill people and if you do you will get banned, end of story.

Dayz is not a war pvp game where you have to kill other players all the time, we got COD and BF3 for that.

We are simply trying to have all aspect of dayz on our server, along with banditry, and banditry is NOT killing other players. Its taking advantage of other players to gain some advantage your self, like robbing a guy of hes food so you dont have to scavenge yourself or stealing a vehicle to get around faster

Also telling who a bandit is fairly easy with the new bandit skin, you only have to kill 1 or 2 people to get it. And since we use direct chat on our server that a good way of figuring out if someone is friendly or hostile. No answer is usually hostile.

If all you wanna do is pvp, go play COD or BF3, as thoose games are designed for that purpose.

Hmm not really sure whats happening i followed the instructions and now the game starts by showing thoose 6 boxes as it always does (small loading thingy) after that the game usualy pops up imidietly but now it takes about 30-40 seconds after that loading thing has dissapered to start.

Besides that minor problem the big problem is that when i the game actually opens i see the host screen for about 1-2 seconds and then it leaves the server atuomaticly. Any idea to why this is?

Hmm try changing your cpucount to 2 if its 4 and 4 if its 2, in the .bat file. But ive never seen this before mate :(

Also a defrag works WONDERS for arma for some reason :) might help.

Also telling who a bandit is fairly easy with the new bandit skin, you only have to kill 1 or 2 people to get it.

Okay, dont know how that skin looks like yet, but that sounds like it may work. I am looking forward trying it out :) Was really missing the game and you guys for the past 2 weeks.

Edited by Avatar73

we missed you to mate. :) thats why i dont want you to leave hehe

As for bandit skin heres a link with both bandit skin and hero skins :) with pictures

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Survivors

Edited by Byrgesen

As long as your server is "friendly", I am not going to leave :)

Thanks for the pics, mate, but I still would like to know if bandits with guillie suits are disguised or not.

Does a bandit wearing a guillie suit still look like a bandit?

As far as i know neither the camo or guille can overwrite bandit skin, but i could be wrong?

i dont know about the hero skin, but i think its the same.

Hello guys.

Im sorry to announce that the previous server package i used (Santuary) is not supported anymore and therefor i have switched to Saintly server now.

The main difference is:

Sanctuary - Uses Arma2Net to configer multible servers on the same DB, and caused alot of loading bugs, saving bugs, getting stuck etc.

Saintly - Uses a single private hive SQL DB, so all the traffic runs along a faster, straighter and smoother way to and from the DB, also alot easier to fix bugs in this model.

Along with a million other things, but thats the basics.

This means a COMPLETE reset of the DB as theese two versions arent compatable (atleast not for me lol) so here the chance for new members :)

The vehicle limit has been raised as a "patch on the wound" sooo, go hunting hehe.

Luckily Sanitly sotfware seems to be running ALOT better then Sanctuary, so its not all bad news :) and alot of the saving issues, along with other bugs, should be fixed now.

In general in sorry about this, but it also makes me very happy, as this levels the playing field and maybe creates new alliances and friendships amongst the users. Maybe we will get more new member, im hoping :)

If you are very angry or pissed about this, then i suggest you stop playing dayz :) be thankfull this is a privated policed server so stuff like this does not happen every day (hackers) and since this new setup runs alot better, there shouldnt be more mishaps with the DB.

Edited by Byrgesen

Bandits' Code of Conduct - Robbing

A Bandit following the Code of Conduct should keep himself in bounds when robbing a Survivor.

So dont strip the Survivor of all his belongins, just take what you need, e.g. food, ammo, missing tools, perhaps a better weapon.

If food and water icon flashing red, a true Bandit would stop scavenging if a Survivor passes by, and rob some nourishment. But leave a can of both to him to play it fair.

Acting fair like this has also a nice side-effect: A Survivor experiencing a fair played robbing would become more open to it, because cooperating with the Bandit and losing some loot would only be a small setback, instead of getting shot and starting over again.

The Bandit also should take cooperation of the Survivor into account and reward this by selecting the needed items in moderation.

DONT JUST GO FOR NVG!! ...as we all know stuff like this is hard to get. Only consequence would be one more pissed Survivor quits playing - one more source to rob from lost!

On the other Hand, on a Survivor going for a gunfight and loosing it should be toughened up robbing him.

E.g. before the Bandit got him to surrender by shooting/breaking his legs, he wounded the Bandit leaving him heavy bleeding, shaking and trembling down to 2000 blood. In this case the Bandit should get high value stuff to show him that cooperation would be far better. At least the Survivor came away with his life, and the Bandit gets some extra reward for the risk of falling unconscious at his retreat.

It would be nice, if we could establish a fair behaviour on both sides, so gameplay would really more spiced.

As long as your server is "friendly", I am not going to leave :)

Well Avatar, i think if banditry is played in a Robin-Hood-Style, we can call this "friendly" also. B)

(btw, i like your Atari "Adventure" Dragon ...just awesome! :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: )

As a consequence all "asshole-bandits" should be hunted down from all friendlies on the server at once!!

Notes and comments on this topic are welcome and highly appreciated.

Edited by Punch

Also telling who a bandit is fairly easy with the new bandit skin, you only have to kill 1 or 2 people to get it. And since we use direct chat on our server that a good way of figuring out if someone is friendly or hostile. No answer is usually hostile.

Well you have to take into account, that not everybody wearing a bandit skin has to be a bandit.

Just thinking of a situation you have to fight of a bandit-attack on your lootspot/campsite. As it happens some days ago to the DNZ-guys at the prison, that bunch of bandits continued attacking after they respawned.

As a matter of fact, killing a fresh respawned attacker will be counted against you as murder!

Fighting off several waves like this, you will be honoured by achieving a bandit skin. <_<

Well Avatar, i think if banditry is played in a Robin-Hood-Style, we can call this "friendly" also. B)

(btw, i like your Atari "Adventure" Dragon ...just awesome! :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: )

Thanks, there arent many people who would even recognize it, so I am quite impressed :)

And I agree with your statement and hope I will meet a bandit who robbed NVGs from a rich (well-equipped) player just to give it to a poor (noob) player like me lol. Seriously, that code of conduct would add a nice aspect of gameplay to the server if played by a fair and reasonable player. Unfortunetely all others will still do as they please until they get bored of causing havoc, get banned or move to other servers. But still, its better than on public servers where theres total anarchy ;) In fact, I am really curious how this system is working ingame, so expect me to roam the island on saturday night ;)

Well you have to take into account, that not everybody wearing a bandit skin has to be a bandit.

Just thinking of a situation you have to fight of a bandit-attack on your lootspot/campsite. As it happens some days ago to the DNZ-guys at the prison, that bunch of bandits continued attacking after they respawned.

As a matter of fact, killing a fresh respawned attacker will be counted against you as murder!

Fighting off several waves like this, you will be honoured by achieving a bandit skin. <_<

Well it depends, if you get shot at and hit and then kill your opponent, you dont loose humanity and get a bandit skin. But the humanity system is VERY glitchy atm :)

And i love your code of conduct, its so much better writen then my crappy rules atm :) i will change it on the first post so suit the "Bandit Code Of Conduct"

Im really happy we can work things out like this and find out what we want this to be like. GJ guys and thx for the input.

EDIT:

Ive added Bandit Code Of Conduct to the main post. what do you guys think?

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2