byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

now that's just bad timing, I have work right now. if you're still around in 2~hours ;)

perhaps as its weekend, i might be on late hehe. depends abit on the gf you know ;)

I am by all means friendly/helpful/whitelisted medic and trader.

Wow...great to see whitelisted medic here. I'm trying to get on that list too but no patients so far. :)

Edited by Aisling

Wow...great to see whitelisted medic here. I'm trying to get on that list too but no patients so far. :)

let's just say I got it during a time when clans were barely forming, and there were a lot of individuals solo, so patients weren't so scarce as they are now.

Im gonna take the poll for mods down now, it seems like most have voted.

Results are:

YES = 24 votes | 70.59%

NO = 10 votes | 29.41 %

So we are gonna implement mods soon, maybe even later on 2night :)

Gz guys, for thoose who voted yes, and for thoose who voted no, welcome to democracy lol

I would say we start with Rocco's Custom Faces, thoughts?

Here is the Mod Site for Arma II OA

Edited by Byrgesen

I love the idea of the refugee camp :)

But i think most people dont leave stuff, they come and take some stuff and then leave heh, but thats what its ment for anyway.

Exactly!

...but only 'cuz we leave stuff there. Just want feedback! ;)

YEEES.

The newest beta patch, 97239, has been confirmed to be BE supported

http://forums.bistud...t-1-62-release)

Will update soon.

EDIT:

Ive updates beta patch and server name

EDIT2:

The server will be down abit longer, i will install Rocco's Custom Faces.

Edited by Byrgesen

so if we want to play on the server we MUST have the mod installed? Will it affect the normal dayz?

so if we want to play on the server we MUST have the mod installed? Will it affect the normal dayz?

Apperently it wasnt just a matter of copy paste, or im just to tired to find the problem.

There will not be installed mods today :) only beta.

Server is back up now guys.

EDIT:

Im gonna write it again in big red letters:

DONT EVER JOIN THE SERVER WHILE ITS BOOTING, YOU WILL SLOW DOWN THE PROCESS AND FUCK UP THE DB BOOTING. WAIT FOR IT TO SAY PLAYING.

THE SERVER COULD HAVE BEEN UP 5 MINS AGO....

EDIT2:

If anyone knows how mods work server side, pls give me a pm :) something is wrong with the signature in the rocco files apperently

EDIT3:

Ive changed the lunar time back to normal aswell. Was thinking about it and it cant really be hardcore if we dont have some really dark night aswell.

I still dont like the advantage of NVG's though hehe

Edited by Byrgesen

good thing my six launcher doesnt want to start arma 2 with the latest beta + if i do it manually BE kicks me out after 10 min of play... anyway anyone knows how to run beta from the original .exe?, not from the one in the expansion/beta folder?

Edited by nixy91

get dayz commander, get the latest beta patch from the first post of this thread (there's a link there). run beta. win.

start the game with dayz commander, join the private server from arma 2 server selection screen

why yes I do make my life unreasonably complex XD

Edited by kryvian

get dayz commander, get the latest beta patch from the first post of this thread (there's a link there). run beta. win.

start the game with dayz commander, join the private server from arma 2 server selection screen

why yes I do make my life unreasonably complex XD

hope it works it just keeps loosing connection every 10 min if i dont start it from the play with six thing

EDIT: still the same shit keep getting kicked for no reason, might go back to windows 7 lol -.- if only i could remember when this started happening

Edited by nixy91

hope it works it just keeps loosing connection every 10 min if i dont start it from the play with six thing

EDIT: still the same shit keep getting kicked for no reason, might go back to windows 7 lol -.- if only i could remember when this started happening

Yeh i can see random people getting kicked for client not responding.

Some even had bad update, and got kicked.

There might be something new from BE coming soon. Last time it was this unstabil, thousands got banned some days after.

But im gonna restart the server now :)

GZ on 18k view oO

EDIT:

OMG looks whats comming in the future for dayz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJHUTI1n6I

Thread about it here:

http://dayzmod.com/f...h-map-released/

Actual dayz gameplay from the map

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2

Looks like a lot of the buildings are from ARMA: Armed assault. The city really is huge, can't wait for DayZ with this!

I would play that map over Utes and Taki and Lingor anytime lol.

it wont let me vote byr so i will vote here lol YES remove them no more unfair advantage at night :) so at time of posting the votes are 7-7 this is a close one lmao

• Like 1

OMG byr that map we must have it lol also u wanted more zeds ur gunna get them on that map as they spawn near buildings :) hmm Bare u wanna set up a sex shop if we get this map?

Awesome looking map. I've been waiting for a GTA style city map to come along and this looks like it could be it :)

it wont let me vote byr so i will vote here lol YES remove them no more unfair advantage at night :) so at time of posting the votes are 7-7 this is a close one lmao

OMG byr that map we must have it lol also u wanted more zeds ur gunna get them on that map as they spawn near buildings :) hmm Bare u wanna set up a sex shop if we get this map?

Uh yeh i want this map :) but im gonna wait for Bliss to make it compatible, dont wanna screw to much up :)

I know they are testing 2 new maps, but dunno wich hehe.

I am also in the process of rebuilding the refugee camp, so all hands are welcome.

Need sandbags, wire and maybe some tanktraps, any help is apriciated

Chernarus is good, but it needs a high amount of players to make it "very difficult".

Maybe Fallujah will give more of a challenge

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Youre serious, guys? That map got almost no details, it looks scraggy, unfinished and as if the creator only put some buildings and trees randomly along some streets.

And what about those mounted guns on vehicles? Thats not DayZ anymore, its Left 4 Dead meets Crysis.

Thought we were all having fun in Chernarus again, even if -or especially because- its not as "difficult" as on public servers, but well, if you want some kind of Deathmatch Arena, go ahead... I definitetely don't.

Edited by Avatar73
  • Like 1

Youre serious, guys? That map got almost no details, it looks scraggy, unfinished and as if the creator only put some buildings and trees randomly along some streets.

And what about those mounted guns on vehicles? Thats not DayZ anymore, its Left 4 Dead meets Crysis.

Thought we were all having fun in Chernarus again, even if -or especially because- its not as "difficult" as on public servers, but well, if you want some kind of Deathmatch Arena, go ahead... I definitetely don't.

Wow mister negativity.

Its a VERY nice arma map, some even say the best custom map for arma ever made.

The mounted guns could ofc be removed from the spawn script, vehicles are details.

I see a urban enviorement, with 60-70% enterable building (from what i could read) a million buildings, wich means a million zombies, wich mean very hard to get around without a fight.

It has alot of potential tbh, and i think it would be a shame to just wipe it off, coz its new.

The shere size of the city is also what will make this NOT a DM map. its 4.5-5km wide, with 3.300 buildings.

That means people are gonna be far from each other and there is gonna be a shitload of zombies.

And theres even a HUGE area around the city with airfield, trainstation, gasstations and a couple of dams.

To me that sounds like fun and pretty damn difficult to survive

1301544484_6_FT9833_fallujah_map_zpsf82864a0.jpg

Edited by Byrgesen

Wow mister negativity.

Its a VERY nice arma map, some even say the best custom map for arma ever made.

The mounted guns could ofc be removed from the spawn script, vehicles are details.

I see a urban enviorement, with 60-70% enterable building (from what i could read) a million buildings, wich means a million zombies, wich mean very hard to get around without a fight.

It has alot of potential tbh, and i think it would be a shame to just wipe it off, coz its new.

this map look amazing a totally new way to play dayz plus not many places for care bares a fight at every turn and mounted guns its like jizz map we gotta at least try when it comes if we don't we may just be missing out on the BEST dayz map ever?

You guys actually saw the video? I dont care about the map, but looking at the environment seen in the video, its nothing about negativity, i was simply stating facts, dudes.

Hi guys, I've been playing on this server for a couple of days now and I have to say, it was the most enjoyable DayZ experience that I had so far. I am definitely recommending this server to anyone looking for a diverse and (nearly) hacker-free environment on a really stable and up to date server. This has to be one of the very few servers I found where tents and vehicles actually save fine (vehicles even seem to retain their fuel status) and items in tents are not duped.

I also like that the community on this server is quite diverse. There are many friendly people, even a dedicated medic (Aisling, I'm looking at you). But I also met a few people who kill on sight, which I think is good because it would be boring without them and I also witnessed some serious betrayal already. So yeah there's a lot of depth to playing DayZ on this server, it's not just the pointless PvP in Stary/Elektro/Cherno. From my limit experience I noticed a couple of squads forming at this server atm and I wonder how this situation will develop in the future (e.g. will there be fighting between the squads or friendly trade relations - we will see ;)).

Also big kudos to Byrgesen and the other admins. Best administration I've seen so far. Though I've got no idea how you manage to do all of that while being drunk/high so much! LOL.

Here's my opinion on the topics currently discussed in the thread:

Mods - Fine with me. It will be good vs. hackers and hopefully bring some fresh aspects to the DayZ gameplay. However installation needs to be documented on the front page of this thread and very fast / easy for new users or it will slow down growth of the server population. It might be helpful to offer a self-installing archive for all mods on this server in the future.

Moonlight - I was on the server when you guys were testing the full moonlight and I have to agree with most other people in this thread that it was a bit too bright. You could easily spot people at 600-700m. However if NVGs get removed it might be a good idea to keep it this way (hard to fly helis at night without NVGs or full moonlight).

NVGs - Can't vote for some reason but I'd say keep them. Farming for these gives people something to do in the "end-game" and may cause conflict at Airfield / Heli crashes, which keeps the game more interesting. With brighter nights there is really no reason to remove them because they don't give such a great advantage anymore.

DayZ Fallujah - Might be interesting once it is fully compatible with the hive software. Is it possible to have a backup of the Chernarus DB before switching? In that case one could decide to go back to the saved Chernarus status if gameplay on the new map turns out to be not so great.

See ya in game.

Edited by Merryll
  • Like 3

You guys actually saw the video? I dont care about the map, but looking at the environment seen in the video, its nothing about negativity, i was simply stating facts, dudes.

Yes i can see it doesnt have much vegetation, but is that really needed for urban combat?

I know this was one of the reason Warz was appealing in the beginning, Urban zombie survival. If we could bring that aspect to dayz i would fricking love it :D

DayZ Fallujah - Might be interesting once it is fully compatible with the hive software. Is it possible to have a backup of the Chernarus DB before switching? In that case one could decide to go back to the saved Chernarus status if gameplay on the new map turns out to be not so great.

I can simply create a new DB, click a button and we are in Fallujah, just like with Lingor.

I still have our Lingor DB with all the saves.

It would require Bliss to adopt Fallujah first tho. They do have 2 new maps underway, so its a waiting game atm.

Mods - Fine with me. It will be good vs. hackers and hopefully bring some fresh aspects to the DayZ gameplay. However installation needs to be documented on the front page of this thread and very fast / easy for new users or it will slow down growth of the server population. It might be helpful to offer a self-installing archive for all mods on this server in the future.

That might actually be a good idea, if we were gonna coztumize, have a Github repo for full install for the server. :beans:

Moonlight - I was on the server when you guys were testing the full moonlight and I have to agree with most other people in this thread that it was a bit too bright. You could easily spot people at 600-700m. However if NVGs get removed it might be a good idea to keep it this way (hard to fly helis at night without NVGs or full moonlight).

Yeh it has been reverted back to "normal dayz". Tbh i dont think we will get enough votes to "kill" NVG's.

Also big kudos to Byrgesen and the other admins. Best administration I've seen so far. Though I've got no idea how you manage to do all of that while being drunk/high so much! LOL.

You know. Its a mystery.

I usually get all the bugs fixed best when im really high lol. Updates run smooth and its all good.

But thx for all the nice words mate. Always a pleasure having people like you ;)

Edited by Byrgesen