byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

Please, Chris can you enhance this statement with some proof/details (names, locations, what happened, etc.) as it would help Byr immensely.

Just checked online. My vehicle, at the time of this post, was still there, thank god.

I did notice a player was on the server who I am sure Jimmies had banned earlier, after the first hacking incident (the vehicles being teleported west of Kamenka).I could be wrong though and maybe he was just kicked at the time.

I for one also vote for the return of the server password. BattlEye, on it's own right now, is too ineffective. Although i noticed, whilst playing, it was going into overdrive kicking players from the server, for all sorts of reasons, it was still not enough to let slip through at one scumbag skiddie, who proceeded as usual to ruin everyone's enjoyment of the game.

Got teleported somewhere, then had to find my bus again.

So what kind of scripts do we want in order to keep the skiddies out? Post your suggestions and I'll see what we can do.

There are a few things I need to mention first:

I do not know anything about BattleEyes script detection system so I don't know if running these scripts may get everyone kicked because BattleEye thinks we are cheating...

I do not know how to use server side commands in scripts (kick, ban etc). They appear to be part of a separate script system somehow, and of course, they need to be run from the sever, not the client.

I'm not sure if its possible to create "reset scripts" that returns players/vehicles to original positions when teleported, could be possible to extract the info from the database?. It is possible to teleport them to new positions on the map though. But in any case these scripts would have to be run by an admin/player on the server, effectively making the admin a script cheater and possibly drawing battleeyes attention. And to be honest I don't know how the cheaters execute their scripts so I can't write such a script right now :)

What I have done already is write a simple serverside script that regularly checks what weapon every player has. If they have a weapon that's not in DayZ the weapon is removed and a quite obvious message is put out, informing everyone on the server what they are doing. This should at least stop scripters from conjuring up new weapons and allow an admin to ban them. It can't stop them from cheating in DayZ allowed weapons though...

This is also highly dependant on being updated to actually cover all allowed weapons in DayZ, in case of updates and stuff. I am not even entirely sure it covers all weapons in DayZ right now, it's kind of difficult to check.

I can of course do more than just remove their weapon, but in case someone spawns an ammo box and someone else unknowingly picks up a banned weapon I dont want them to be punished too hard.

Also, this script is not MP or DayZ tested yet, I just know that it works in SP and _should_ work in MP as well, but with join in progress and ArmAIIs general unfriendliness towards MP testing is required.

There was also talk of kicking people who have a sniper rifle but no zombie kills. While it is generally true that getting an AS50 is hard without killing zombies first, it is still possible, so I don't recommend stuff like that. But we can discuss it.

• Like 2

Please, Chris can you enhance this statement with some proof/details (names, locations, what happened, etc.) as it would help Byr immensely.

Just checked online. My vehicle, at the time of this post, was still there, thank god.

I did notice a player was on the server who I am sure Jimmies had banned earlier, after the first hacking incident (the vehicles being teleported west of Kamenka).I could be wrong though and maybe he was just kicked at the time.

I for one also vote for the return of the server password. BattlEye, on it's own right now, is too ineffective. Although i noticed, whilst playing, it was going into overdrive kicking players from the server, for all sorts of reasons, it was still not enough to let slip through at one scumbag skiddie, who proceeded as usual to ruin everyone's enjoyment of the game.

Who did you see? LemOn or MR.LIS? I banned LemOn, but kicked LIS.

- Jims

Edited by gdscei

LewisUKProductions turned out to be a hacker. I picked him up and he shot me while sitting in my bus, then drove my bus into the water. I watched his fucking livestream. Right after he blew it up in the water, he just left the fucking server. OMG. Now he's walking on the sea floor way underwater, and not even swimming. I can't wait until the fucking vehicules are reset. Guess what? I can't even join any fucking server now and my computer keeps restarting. HACKER MUCH?

PLEASE PUT THE PASSWORD BACK ON!

Edited by SpeedyBoy235

So what kind of scripts do we want in order to keep the skiddies out? Post your suggestions and I'll see what we can do.

Well, if we will be using custom scripts, BattlEye needs to be turned off, but that wouldnt be a big loss and we all know it ;)

IMO, the most important hacks that need to be prevented or at least detected are

1. Teleport Hacks

a ) Players teleporting -> Onscreen Message and optional instant kick/ban (needs to ignore "teleports" due to death though)

b ) Vehicles gettings teleported -> Onscreen Message and optional teleportion back to their last saved position OR admin script to manually reset ALL vehicles to their last saved position in database

2. Summon Hacks

a ) Players getting high end stuff too fast (dont know how to detect that) -> Onscreen Message and optional kick/ban

b ) Vehicles getting summoned -> Onscreen Message and instant deletion of that vehicle

3. Invulnerability Hacks

a ) Players not loosing health when being shot or regaining health too fast -> Onscreen Message and optional kick/ban

Just my first thoughts...

Edited by Avatar73

LewisUKProductions turned out to be a hacker. I picked him up and he shot me while sitting in my bus, then drove my bus into the water. I watched his fucking livestream. Right after he blew it up in the water, he just left the fucking server. OMG. Now he's walking on the sea floor way underwater, and not even swimming. I can't wait until the fucking vehicules are reset. Guess what? I can't even join any fucking server now and my computer keeps restarting. HACKER MUCH?

You again.... Didnt you learn from the 3 day ban for going crazy?

it does NOT help in any way to write 4 posts on the forum and to write me 4 fucking PM's. grow up coz you are really starting to piss me off....

I am back now. there has been an update so im applying it as i write this pretty much. I will be on abit later for some info from this weekend.

Byrgesen, we got hacked twice yesterday. The first time, all vehicles were teleported west of Kaminka and it took us almost an afternoon to get some of them back and destroying the unowned ones. Second time must have happened during the night or early this morning, cause my truck is gone again and it was hidden very well.

Seems like BattlEye still isnt helping shit against some annoying scripts so I vote for reenabling a password to keep out hackers visiting servers by random.

DuggeDank und Ripper have offered to help us create some custom anti-hacker scripts and what they were saying sounded awesome and still simple enough to me.

Could you please delete all destroyed vehicles and the ones without any inventory in it, so new ones can spawn?

Deleted all vehicles with nothing in em. i dont like the password idea, but thrown me some custom script and im all for it :) dont want password.

You again.... Didnt you learn from the 3 day ban for going crazy?

it does NOT help in any way to write 4 posts on the forum and to write me 4 fucking PM's. grow up coz you are really starting to piss me off....

I am back now. there has been an update so im applying it as i write this pretty much. I will be on abit later for some info from this weekend.

*2 pms- Ask around, don't just guess. I've been doing good. I'm not crazy. ...ffs

Edited by SpeedyBoy235

*2 pms- Ask around, don't just guess. I've been doing good. I'm not crazy. ...ffs

well is it a guess when ive got 4 in my inbox? doesnt really matter, you just need to calm down, as i said last time.

BTW in the latest Bliss update, i see them trying to do something with the vehicles. a possible autosave feature, but i dont know if its already done or they are working on it :)

Edited by Byrgesen

- Heh, well I still think BE does something good. So if we can keep it but at the same time run scripts I would be happy. My thought is that any scripts that we put into the mission file should be allowed since they originate from the server. BE can't kick the server can it ... ? :)

1. Teleport Hacks

- It is possible to regularly track position and revert to last one if changed "too quickly". But depends on how the vehicles are added in the mission (placed in editor or spawned), I havent seen the Chernarus mission file but I have a feeling everything is spawned rather than placed... Which makes it much more difficult or maybe impossible.

2. Summon Hacks

- Unfortunately I do not believe it is possible to track and react to players getting loot quickly.

- Could be possible to cover the map with a search grid actively looking for vehicles not among the original ones. But again it depends on how vehicles are placed.

3. Invulnerability Hacks

- Need to access player blood levels from DayZ, not sure how but it should be possible. Difficult to catch insta-healing though.

- Heh, well I still think BE does something good. So if we can keep it but at the same time run scripts I would be happy. My thought is that any scripts that we put into the mission file should be allowed since they originate from the server. BE can't kick the server can it ... ? :)

1. Teleport Hacks

- It is possible to regularly track position and revert to last one if changed "too quickly". But depends on how the vehicles are added in the mission (placed in editor or spawned), I havent seen the Chernarus mission file but I have a feeling everything is spawned rather than placed... Which makes it much more difficult or maybe impossible.

2. Summon Hacks

- Unfortunately I do not believe it is possible to track and react to players getting loot quickly.

- Could be possible to cover the map with a search grid actively looking for vehicles not among the original ones. But again it depends on how vehicles are placed.

3. Invulnerability Hacks

- Need to access player blood levels from DayZ, not sure how but it should be possible. Difficult to catch insta-healing though.

1. When spawning vehicles the server isnt even up at all. its a script i run that places em in the DB and then i start the server and it loads all in the DB. if vehicles are spawned when the server is running they arent gonna be logged in the DB, same with vehicles being added to the DB while the server is running, thoose wont be ingame before next restart.

2. I might have some logs that would be interesting to look at in this context. we can talk about that.

3. clueless really, i dont know if its even possible.

I think i will get the PW back on, for now, untill we get a better solution guys. gonna edit it in the mainpost again :)

EDIT:

Password is back for now. I, and friends ;), will be looking in to some more "valid" protection. I also set the player slot to 30, coz we never get that many people online anyway. :) especially after the difficulty change hehe

Edited by Byrgesen

If you find my white pickup, pls let ne know... :(

we will :) havent seen it tho mate.

Dude if you think the script kiddie moron hackers that attack dayz servers made it so you can't join servers and your game crashes all the time your wrong. It is because your obviously a moron who can't handle anything. Before you open your mouth thinking you know anything about hacking or computers you should think about how many people out there that do that will know your full of shit and retarded. Yea you got called out on the dayz forum for calling your computer and internet shitty performance a hacker problem. Don't be a baby this is alpha shit happens cry a little more. Plus it's a bus, it isn't like he took a car worth stealing. You don't even have any real proof he was hacking, dayz can create a visual appearance of you walking underwater when you leave a submerged vehicle. These hackers aren't working on walk underwater hacks they are working on things they can actually use against players.

Edited by Jvo
  • Like 1

1. When spawning vehicles the server isnt even up at all. its a script i run that places em in the DB and then i start the server and it loads all in the DB. if vehicles are spawned when the server is running they arent gonna be logged in the DB, same with vehicles being added to the DB while the server is running, thoose wont be ingame before next restart.

2. I might have some logs that would be interesting to look at in this context. we can talk about that.

3. clueless really, i dont know if its even possible.

I think i will get the PW back on, for now, untill we get a better solution guys. gonna edit it in the mainpost again :)

EDIT:

Password is back for now. I, and friends ;), will be looking in to some more "valid" protection. I also set the player slot to 30, coz we never get that many people online anyway. :) especially after the difficulty change hehe

The first 2 the only way to really catch is a active admin with a map. The godmode hack can only be caught if the person using it is a moron using a outdated software. It does not currently leave any footprint in any of the logs. What I have found in my history of catching hackers on dayz hives is that your best weapon is a admin that actively checks logs and navicat to see gear changes. Most hackers are dumb they come in and spawn all the accessories + as50/dmr or m107. If you appear on a private hive geared to the teeth your probably using hax.

• Like 1

Ive updated the map in the mainpost to include the Refugee Camp

Have a look at it guys, and feel free to gather stuff, setup tents and start forming the walls. :)

The first 2 the only way to really catch is a active admin with a map. The godmode hack can only be caught if the person using it is a moron using a outdated software. It does not currently leave any footprint in any of the logs. What I have found in my history of catching hackers on dayz hives is that your best weapon is a admin that actively checks logs and navicat to see gear changes. Most hackers are dumb they come in and spawn all the accessories + as50/dmr or m107. If you appear on a private hive geared to the teeth your probably using hax.

Thx for clearing it out mate. That is exactly what i do to keep track of the hackers ;)

NP man I just tell it how it is and I have done a lot of computer security work in my day. Also Byrgesen if you have any hacks that you find are commonly a problem if you send me what the hack does and a copy of it occuring in your logs I can probably help you make a manual patch until battleye makes a permanent fix.

Edited by Jvo

well :) i dont believe you were banned mate. theres not evidence of you hacking :) so come on back hehe

possibly the arma version mate. or maybe what speedyboy said some posts back

EDIT:

For thoose of you geeks out there, heres a little "toy" ;)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

I'm having troubles at NWAF atm... my icons are all green... but i keep loosing blood(probably infection since i bandaged myself multiple times)

I'd be very glad if someone would be able to help me out(i have a bloodbag, i'd search for antibiotics on my own) :S

EDIT: 3k blood :/

EDIT2: thanks to some info i got i solved my problem... -.-

debug mode disabled... woops food and water flashing red

Edited by Selvetarm

i have taught my self how to read the ingame map using a compass so i will be back on :)