byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

Alright guys, I'm going to give your server a go after being randomly insta killed with no one around me for the second time in two days on the regular ones! So if you see a random, wide-eyed Falconberger scuttling between buildings in Cherno through your sniper scope, have mercy on a beginner.

In general ppl are friendly here :) you will learn pretty fast what people are more dodgy then others hehe, but we got em all.

from ultra-carebear to mumbling sniper loner ;)

Edited by Byrgesen

Don't be fooled. We all love killing people

actually, i havent shot a single person yet ;)

And how often you got shot?

Actually i havent gotten killed yet :) only died to my own stupidity, like zombie swarm, doorway death and stairs of death hehe.

Maybe i will get hunted down now hehe

EDIT:

Ive added a link to the Bliss changelog, if you are interested in what kinds of bugs get fixed and stuff like that.

GZ on 15k views guys, omg thats just crazy lol. But i was also one of the first to start advertising here :) way back before they even had a private hive section hehe.

Ive also added a very nice link for Dayz Graphics Breakdown, has helped me improve performance, maybe it can help you guys out :) Link is in first post.

Edited by Byrgesen

tbh there can never be enough zombies mate :) you alone deside how much ammo you wanna use, or how much you wanna sneak.

i havent changed anything yet, just looking at it :)

but the change im thinking of is something along the line of 5-10 more zombies around a player, or buildings. dunno where bliss spawns the zombies.

im kinda missing the feel if a changing world, i mean its been a loooong time since the outbreak and alot of people have gotten infected since that

Well, if you could increase the zombies only in towns and major cities, i wouldnt object, but it would be ridiculous if 20 zeds spawn off a deer stand or a shed near a dirt road. ^_^

Edited by Avatar73

Well, if you could increase the zombies only in towns and major cities, i wouldnt object, but it would be ridiculous if 20 zeds spawn off a deer stand or a shed near a dirt road. ^_^

hehe true :) but im not sure where in the Bliss setup to do it, hard to find info about really.

I will write it again guys.

DONT join the game till it says playing or playable.

2 ppl joined and then dc'ed coz they thought they got stuck, but you didnt. you were booting the DB and that takes some time.

so everytime you disconnected, it reset the DB load and it started it again when another person logged in.

You are simply to fast :) its also written in the F.A.Q under the map in the mainpost ;)

.. What I have found in my history of catching hackers on dayz hives is that your best weapon is a admin that actively checks logs and navicat to see gear changes. Most hackers are dumb they come in and spawn all the accessories + as50/dmr or m107. If you appear on a private hive geared to the teeth your probably using hax.

Hey Byrgesen, i would support you in a dry job like this, but we have to figure out how this could be done! B)

Hey Byrgesen!

I would highly appreciate adding another mod to the server setup.

Please look up the link below and tell me what you think about it. B)

http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=6019

Any comments, mates? ;)

Getting no answer on this question, I'll just getting it up again. :(

Why do not set up a poll about this?

I dont think you can help me much in the DB mate, as its local. dunno if you could get remote acces, most likely tho :)

About adding mods.

Im not to happy about it, as it would require ALL to download it, if i understand correctly, so we would get less ppl on the server :(

thats not good

About adding mods.

Im not to happy about it, as it would require ALL to download it, if i understand correctly, so we would get less ppl on the server :(

thats not good

No problem, I can understand that, but thats why I asked about a poll. If say 90% would appreciate it, it wouldn't be such a problem to new ppl to add this to their installation.

Nevertheless, it was just a suggestion. Its still up to you, and if you decide against ill be fine with that! :)

Edited by Punch

No problem, I can understand that, but thats why I asked about a poll. If say 90% would appreciate it, it wouldn't be such a problem to new ppl to add this to their installation.

Nevertheless, it was just a suggestion. Its still up to you, and if you decide against it ill be fine with it! :)

Ok i made a poll ;) lets see if people are ready to download ekstra stuff to play on the server.

Ok i made a poll ;) lets see if people are ready to download ekstra stuff to play on the server.

I'm not sure this poll will reflect the complete consequences of adding mods. Even if everyone in this thread could agree on downloading something extra, we would get no random players joining because they will just see that some addons is required and ignore the server.

So I haven't voted yet, but I myself wouldn't mind downloading additional stuff.

I'm not sure this poll will reflect the complete consequences of adding mods. Even if everyone in this thread could agree on downloading something extra, we would get no random players joining because they will just see that some addons is required and ignore the server.

So I haven't voted yet, but I myself wouldn't mind downloading additional stuff.

true, but i thought that was implyed tbh :) i voted no, coz i dont think it would be good for the server. so look at the big picture.

and i changed the poll question abit

EDIT:

Guys, i found a song about us OMG:

EDIT2:

OMG check this thread out, ive been laughing for the last 20 mins hahahaha

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2

This server looks awesome and I want to make it my home server!!! The only problem is I cant find the beta patch that your using for some reason. Can you link it to me?

Thanks

LoneWolf

Awesome by the way :) great server

Edit: dont worry found it :P

Edited by LoneWolfEdits

I think that poll question should be a little different as it doesn't directly reflect what players want. We don't know what would happen with the mods on. We know it could discourage people from joining server but on the other hand it could attract mod fans or people seeking new features. They could spread the word, invite friends etc. I don't know if it would make server better or bring more people but important thing is, it could. If population starts to decrease, you can simply disable the mods and players will come back.

Just my point of view, I will stay on this server anyway. :)

Edited by Aisling

@LoneWolfEdits, look on Original Post, there is a link to the Beta update page, the newest is on the top of the page, not on the list but above the list.

I think that poll question should be a little different as it doesn't directly reflect what players want. We don't know what would happen with the mods on. We know it could discourage people from joining server but on the other hand it could attract mod fans or people seeking new features. They could spread the word, invite friends etc. I don't know if it would make server better or bring more people but important thing is, it could. If population starts to decrease, you can simply disable the mods and players will come back.

Just my point of view, I will stay on this server anyway. :)

I dont wanna know if you want a mod or not. I wanna know if you believe it will be good for the server to use mods in general. thats all :)

If people dont believe it will do any good, i dont wanna use time on it.

On the other hand, adding mods might be the best step towards getting rid of hackers really.

My dear god! That song is so accurate.

"I'm AFK on teamspeak and I know why"

Yeh that song is fricking awsome :D my new favorite hehehe

Edited by Byrgesen

This server looks awesome and I want to make it my home server!!! The only problem is I cant find the beta patch that your using for some reason. Can you link it to me?

Thanks

LoneWolf

Awesome by the way :) great server

Edit: dont worry found it :P

Your welcome mate :) glad you figured it out hehe, pesky beta

On the other hand, adding mods might be the best step towards getting rid of hackers really.

I did not think about this. It is unlikely that any skiddies have enough patience to download and install more mods just to mess around on a server when they can pick an choose from whatever servers they like without the additional download.

With the password we are already limiting the amount of "random players" so maybe additional mods won't do any more than the password already does?

I did not think about this. It is unlikely that any skiddies have enough patience to download and install more mods just to mess around on a server when they can pick an choose from whatever servers they like without the additional download.

With the password we are already limiting the amount of "random players" so maybe additional mods won't do any more than the password already does?

True it kinda like having a pass, but as you said, i dont believe script kiddies have the patience to download a mod, just to go and grief people and get banned, when they can go to all the official server without downloading stuff.

I think a mod will do more then a PW, coz you actually have to do something out of the ordinary to be able to join, and most scripters are impatient, small dicked, abussive children, so they prob wont do it just to hack.

EDIT:

I stumbled upon theese icons, very well made and easy to download. Dunno about you guys, but ive been looking for something like this :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

I dont wanna know if you want a mod or not. I wanna know if you believe it will be good for the server to use mods in general. thats all :)

If people dont believe it will do any good, i dont wanna use time on it.

I'll try to explain. Problem with this is, we don't know what would happen, we can only guess. If the question would be about what players want, it would give us solid information about how many people are staying on server or leaving once the mods are on. Actual question says "Some think it would be good, the others think it would be not." while "my" question says "These are possibly leaving, these are staying.". It would be actually something we know, no guessing.

I hope you understand me cause I suck in english, so sorry. I definitely mean no offence with this, it's your server after all so do as you please. :)

I'll try to explain. Problem with this is, we don't know what would happen, we can only guess. If the question would be about what players want, it would give us solid information about how many people are staying on server or leaving once the mods are on. Actual question says "Some think it would be good, the others think it would be not." while "my" question says "These are possibly leaving, these are staying.". It would be actually something we know, no guessing.

I hope you understand me cause I suck in english, so sorry. I definitely mean no offence with this, it's your server after all so do as you please. :)

Ahh i get it now mate. I see your point.

But its all a guessing game :) im pretty confident most people are rdy to download a mod, as it automaticly increases security alot, but we will let the votes deside.

You are however right about the poll, i need to re phrase it :)

EDIT:

I re-phrased the poll, so please re-vote if you need to guys, sry about the confusion lol

Edited by Byrgesen