rocket

Major Update Pending: 1.7.0

The update will be named 1.7.0 to avoid confusion with the ArmA2 Patch 1.6)

A major update is pending, that will mainly affect the server side code. This will have a significant impact on player loading times and general stability of player saving. The system hasn't been tested at capacity however our testing has so far indicated loading times are reduced to being almost instant.

Servers will require the Beta patch to be installed (and therefore clients will also) prior to the rollout of ArmA2OA patch 1.61.

Initially, when 1.7.0 is released we will bring several servers online with this to test this new method at capacity levels, prior to rolling out across all Beta servers. Once 1.61 is released all servers will run the new system.

FYI, for anyone who does not know how to install the beta client, please see http://dayz.sykotix.com/?page_id=11 for a very quick and easy guide and setting that up.

I'll also be putting out a guide on how to install and configure the beta server as well later on today.

Sounds good.

Now I just gotta get my clan to get their shit together and use the beta patches.

Will the FPS issue still be addressed in the next hotfix?

Yeah what about the FPS issues many have been complaining about? I hope you will fix this soon :) Keep up the good work Rocket!

The system hasn't been tested at capacity however our testing has so far indicated loading times are reduced to being almost instant and capable of breaking the universe.

Fixed it for you, and see I should have just named it Virus.dll

FYI' date=' for anyone who does not know how to install the beta client, please see http://dayz.sykotix.com/?page_id=11 for a very quick and easy guide and setting that up.

I'll also be putting out a guide on how to install and configure the beta server as well later on today.

[/quote']

Installing the beta patch wont affect DayZ server access right? If i have the patch, and someone else doesnt, we can play on the same server right?

Well, yes. Viper did in fact CORRUPT MY INSTALLATION with an update to hive. Thanks Viper :) I think he just wanted to hear me rage on skype....

ty a lot for stability/ performance patch, i just love how much you work on optimization!

I really can't stress how much of a change this will be, particularly for server owners. Server installation will be simplified drastically. The speeds are greatly increased.

Can't wait

Signed: someone that is running OA beta since beta servers exist for dayz :P

FYI' date=' for anyone who does not know how to install the beta client, please see http://dayz.sykotix.com/?page_id=11 for a very quick and easy guide and setting that up.

[/quote']

Installing the beta patch wont affect DayZ server access right? If i have the patch, and someone else doesnt, we can play on the same server right?

Wont be an issue. I always run beta patch.

looking forward to it! keep up the great work

Jason, I've had the OA beta installed and had no problems playing on non beta servers with a friend who didn't have it. So should be pretty seamless.

I really can't stress how much of a change this will be' date=' particularly for server owners. Server installation will be simplified drastically. The speeds are greatly increased.

[/quote']

LOOKING FOWARD TO IT

THANKS ROCKET :)

Is it possible to run the beta patch from within Steam? I guess this is just my imaginary OCD but I like Steam to track how long I've been playing the game.

Also, I love how fast you're rolling out these updates; that's what I call dedication! Something a lot of developers lack these days.

Wont be an issue. I always run beta patch.

looking forward to it! keep up the great work

Jason' date=' I've had the OA beta installed and had no problems playing on non beta servers with a friend who didn't have it. So should be pretty seamless.

[/quote']

Nice thanks, why isnt everyone using the beta patch though? Isnt it really silly not using it?

Really looking forward to this update! Keep it up, great work!

[/quote']

Would this be installed the same way for those of us running Arma2 through steam?