outlawbigpappa

Pro Tips! Post Pro Tips Here!

This is usually a good idea except when you are going to loot a high risk area like stary or NW airfield. In those sort of areas you don't want to be sitting there trying to shuffle things around in your backpack so I would advise going in there with extra room in your inventory.

Well ofc. That's common sense. If you are an idiot to manage the inventory fast, you probaly don't want so many things with you into a highly contestet area like the barracks. Either way, it's not of a big deal really. :D takes a few 5 sec to empty your inventory, atleast for me. B)

Edited by Flexho

Zeehon23, your love for zombies disturbs me. :huh:

What disturbs me is the lack of understanding and affection they show me when I want to hug :(

Edited by zeehon23

When in doubt or danger, run in circles, scream and shout.

-Laurence J. Peter

Little did he know how accurate will that be in the future :P

You have to remind yourself that this game is not about who won the fight, it is who survived.

Being shot at does not necessarily suggests finding your shooter and trying to take him down, sometimes it is much safer to sprint as fast as you can while zig zagging and maneuvering the bullets to a safer place, and never going back.

• Like 2

be VERY careful when dropping items on the ground and switching weapons in your backpack and basicaly any type of moving items around, except most common single slot items from backpack to inventory and other way around. Read more at DayZ wiki Known bugs and watch this video

• Like 1

DONT DO THIS!!!

ALT=f4 IS BEING LOGGED AND PEOPLE WHO DO IT ARE BEING BANNED

oh my god!! i wont be able to play on one server? ill just to use the other 5000 i guess

Hatchets:

1. in RL, a hatchet has a pretty large killing / wounding zone, (sweep) and anyone in front of you if you swing it is bound to get hit.
  2. In RL a hatchet is only dangerous out to about 2 arms lengths.
  3. In RL, you cannot effectively swing a hatchet (Especially at someone's HEAD!) while laying prone.

In DayZ

1. A hatchet is actually a short range silenced gun. (no, really - it is. practice on a server with crosshairs enabled, the circular reticle is the impact point. there AND ONLY THERE! (I told you - it's a GUN!)
  2. The effective range is about 6 to 10 FEET. In fact it often seems more effective at this range than very close up. practice to get comfortable judging the right range.
  3. You can "headshot" zombies (Standing, crouching or crawling ) quite effectively while prone.
  4. As with all weapons, it's MUCH easier to hit a non-aggroed zombie, so with the perfectly silent hatchet, you're better off "Doing it to them before they do it to you"

I crawled halfway across Electrozavodsk at night with broken legs, to the hospital to find some morphine and just killed every zombie coming down the sidewalk at me before they got too close, broke the window with the hatchet, (ughhh the noise - now I know the tin can trick) got my morphine, snuck over to the grocery store and whacked a couple more on the way, and escaped back into the hills. If i'd used a gun, I would have never escaped alive. And I still have 9885 shots before I need to reload!!

• Like 1

I Always keep at least 1 cooked meat in my main inventory. It is very good you can use it to: eat if you hungry, regain some blood if you aggro a zombie and get hit, Or you can eat it to regain some blood if a bandit attacks you. There have been several occasions when a bandit hit me with an automatic weapon and started chasing me. I had to run and coudnt stop to bandage, but I just stop and took the half a second to eat the meat compared to 8 seconds bandaging and was able to run off and lose the bandit and then bandage.

• Like 1

What disturbs me is the lack of understanding and affection they show me when I want to hug :(

Tip: Zombie hearts are cold. So cold. :(

Scan your surroundings, especially in the notorious sniping spots. Would you rather waste 5 minutes scanning nothing or waste hours or even days of gameplay walking into a sniper's gunsight?

Turn on your headset, sound saves your butt.

Don't shoot at a moving target, you're more likely to miss than hitting a moving one.

3 foods, 3 drinks, at all times.

4 bandages, 4 pistol clips.

Morphine and Painkillers at all times, if you use either, it's time to start looking.

If you scroll your middle mouse, and look at something, it will show you the range (only on Regular servers I believe), no need for a range finder.

Shift + left click on a map to set a waypoint, mouse over and hit Delete to remove it.

When hunting players, stay away from towns but still within visual range. When some one comes into the town, zombies will begin to spawn, that's your indicator that the hunt is on. Likewise, if a zombie is running, a player is there.

If you're in a group, practice radio discipline, talk all you want, but when a player is near or on a raid, keep your mouth shut unless for emergencies.

If you see a vehicle in the open, it's a trap. Scan, then scan some more, then you may use the vehicle. (wanna know how many people fell for this trick when my group hunts?)

Patience. If you got none, you won't live long.

• Like 1

If there is a hacker on the server you are playing on and you know it, quit that server for a little and join a new one.

If your view is limited double tap left ALT.

If you suddenly walk very slowly for some reason hit numpad 0

Get in there as fast as possible, get out there as fast as you got in there.

Find a good sniping spot, dont hide at a high place and fall off the side of it like I did -.-

Run up and down the coast with a hatchet attacking newly spawned players while screaming DIE YOU BANDIT in the mic

When a player says "friendly" ask them to "prove it"

If you see someone get out of a car, run up and steal it.

hit alt-F4 whenever someone shoots at you

For a few days i was kind of pissed about people killing newly spawned players but serriously this game gets so incredibly boring it is the only thing that is fun. Zombies are not a challenge, gearing up is just time consuming not hard, DayZ just kind of turns into a glorified walking simulator at one point.

The bicycle is the only vehicle that is less likely to kill you than just going foot. Try to make a troll face whenever you hear a bullet fly by.

SD ammo can be used in non-SD weapons, and will make them inaudible to zombies and reduce the range at which players can hear you fire it to less than 200m.

If you're using a campfire (or barrel) to cook your Raw Meat, remember that the smoke is very visible during the day and the light very visible during the night. Try to put out the fire as quickly as you can once the meat is cooked and get out of there as fast as possible.

pressing Q E Q E Q E in front of sniper hill is insta death

The visual of that made me break out laughing.

Getting chased by zombies?, run through a bush and then backpedal away making sure the zombie(s) also run through the bush. The line of sight will be broken and the zombie will instantly lose aggro and start walking. I find backpedaling to be the fastest way to get away with minimal noise. Too close and their sight will kick in and they will re-aggro.

Zombies walk indoors, so you can use a building to your advantage, if it has two entrances, run though the building to trap the zombies inside. Otherwise you can use a building as a tactical advantage letting you carefully place your shots, 1 bullet, 1 zombie.

Bridges also cause zombies to walk, and often lose aggro.

The Hatchet is the ultimate zombie killing machine, 1 hit kill, silent, more range than zombie attacks.

0 noise and 0 sight does not guarantee no aggro, if a zombie comes within say 5 feet of you, it will probably aggro, and if you're prone which is often the only way to get both 0 noise and 0 sight, they will most likely land 1 - 3 hits before you can stand up. It's not worth the risk, keep atleast 12 feet between you and zombies when sneaking.

Hunt and use meat to replace blood, basic survival. Hunting Knife, Hatchet and Matches are all you need, kill, gut, right click hatchet next to a tree to harvest wood, right click matches to create a fireplace, scroll on the fireplace to light fire, scroll to cook meat. It all cooks at once in your inventory, then scroll on the fireplace to put out the fire (It shouldn't need to be lit for more than 10 seconds). 800 blood per cooked meat. I carry 5 meat on me at all times, an instant 4000 blood. A single cow will give you enough meat to recover 6400 blood. Who needs blood bags?

Always carry Morphine. Seriously, you can never know when you will break your legs. A zombie can sprint into you and break your legs, you can break them turning into an object or sometimes trying to step over something. Morphine is a life saver the same way you always carry a bandage and painkillers. Just incase...

Throw tin cans and empty bottles against hard surfaces to attract zombies to the noise and away from where you want to be. Smoke grenades work better. However, with smoke grenades, make sure you are not in the line of sight of a zombie when throwing it. If a zombie sees you throw it, there is a chance it will ignore the smoke and aggro on you.

If you see a zombie flash in front of you for a split second, it often means that zombies have spawned nearby. This can be a life saver when at a helicopter crash site, because that often means about 15 zombies have spawned within 50 feet. Be careful. Zombie spawns don't give a crap how close you are, they will spawn if they want to spawn, even in your line of sight.

Loot spawns can be slow, if you are the first to get to an area, you will spawn the zombies and the loot, you will often see the zombies spawning as you approach, however you can beat the loot. So if you go into a building to find no loot, don't fear. Loot through the area to find what has spawned, and then backtrack to catch the slow loot spawns. Sometimes you just need patience.

That's all I can think of and I need a poo.

Pretty good thread here, most everything I wanted to add was already covered. Guess it comes down to this:

Take everything Rocket says with a massive grain of salt. He means well, but his track record is a fair bit off from his actual statements.