outlawbigpappa

Pro Tips! Post Pro Tips Here!

Don't accidentally left off a round when looting, if I had a can of beans every time I did this.................I'd be one obese survivor.

Gotta love being a noob :)

Don't go round the middle of cherno and electro with a constant loop of "FOR NARNIA!!" playing on your mic in direct chat

Trust me from experience

1] Small medical lesson (I'm not a medic and have no intention of being one in real life, I've just been watching way too much house recently :D)

I divide medical supplies into two caregories, primary and secondary:

Primary - when you are injured these supplies will get you stable and stop you from dying.

These include bandages and one epi pen (that's it). This is all you need in your main inventory to keep yourself or another player from dying.

Secondary - once you are stable, secondary supplies will restore you to 'normal'.

These items I put in my backpack and include painkillers, blood bags, morphine etc. I transfer them to my main inventory when I need them and I'm stable.

To organise limited inventory space with regards to medical supplies carry only one item of primary supplies and put everything else in your ruck. Secondary supplies aren't required to stop you from dying, only to improve your living conditions, there's not really much point in wasting your main inventory space with these items, and in an emergency another player can just reach over to your bag and access these if you're busy with something else.

In a situation where you break your leg (whether from a zombie, bandit, glitch, falling from a height etc.) the first thing you need to do is stop your bleeding, I've made the mistake many times where my instincts told me to stick the morphine into me first but then I die due to blood loss, remember you can pass out at any point below 3000 blood (dayz wiki):

• 12000 - Max Blood
  • < 9000 - Susceptible to "Knock out" from zombies
  • < 8000 - Color and sound begin to fade
  • < 3000 - May fall Unconscious This is a 1 out of 100 chance, calculated every second
  • < 2000 - Black and white screen, loss of much hearing capability
  • 0 - Player Dead

That way if you're giving yourself a morphine shot so you can run to cover below 3000 blood you may pass out and die, but if on the other hand you had bandaged yourself you can always take the morphine afterwards!

2] If you've broken your legs or just want to be stealthy, a fast way of travelling whilst prone is to roll using the Q/E key, then let go and hold A/D (respectively) till the roll animation stops, let go, then repeat. This will speed up the roll animation and apparently makes less noise than crawling.

3] Although PVP has little motive to it, from my experience bandits usually take pity on unarmed players, which is why if I haven't found a gun yet but just a hatchet, when running between towns I'd suggest putting your hatchet back onto your toolbelt, the risk of being killed by a zombie is really small as they only spawn near buildings, and will this'll decrease your chance of being shot by another player (although not guarantee that you won't get shot as some players are just complete assholes), but I've met way more players who ask questions first when I'm unarmed and just let me be after I show them I only have good intentions (offering them some of the little loot I have or bandaging them for humanity (win)) or they ask to team-up, but when I have my hatchet out other players are more hostile, harder to approach, and assume I have 'some' loot as I've already found a hatchet.

4] Whenever you find extra food or drink, eat or drink it even if you have plenty in your inventory/backpack, don't leave it for another player, the apocalypse is harsh, don't waste anything, who knows the loot spawns may bug out or you may break your legs on your way to a city and end up dying of hunger/thirst because you didn't drink that can of pepsi/eat those beanz, load up your stomach wile your can!

5] If you're playing alone, cooked meat is the ultimate survival food, you don't have to rely on other players to transfuse blood and it'll raise your blood level really quickly as animals drop a lot of meat!

6]

• If your goal is to survive, use a dayz spawn map to help you journey inland, loot deer stands around towns before you loot the towns so you can check for any activity (zombies only spawn when players are around) and stick to towns with a high ratio of enterable buildings to non-enterable ones, some towns/villages are just a complete waste loot-wise.
  • If your goal is just to play a quick game stick to big coastal cities, and remember zombies only become aggroed by players so if you hear a zombie shout or see any white peripheral dots moving quickly, best guess is they're caused by another player.

Edited by R3con

1)i use to place a tent ''near'' big towns, when i have to get in to loot medicals, and leave there all my stuff except hatchet and a gun

2)zombies spawn when a player is at 200m, so if you see them and you are more than 200 or you see them far from buildings(they seem to spawn from walls) someone is there

3)rare gun can have rare ammos, but one stanag/ak has more bullets than 3 lee enfield's...

4)don't waste meat when you have plenty of blood, have on you some beans..

5)set a camp (now they are bugged aren't they?) in the north with some gear..( i place matches, canteens,food, extra guns, compass, backpacks, tents and medicals) so you don't have to scravenge all the supermarkets again..and most of the stuff doesn't worth the effort to be stolen..

6)in the north only shoot if you have a sure shot, but not all the encounters have to end in firefight..

7)in big towns say friendly only when you have your gun in the back of the guy,not all the encounters have to end in a firefight..but even with your death

8)i experienced that if you have your ghillie suit on, there are no friendlies.

9)go with your vehicle directly to the gas station,don't leave it some k away and walk to fill the canteens, you will find someone waiting for you near your car, and you will have walked to bring him fuel and die. i killed a guy this way. if someone sees you with a vehicle he will probably shoot on sight so if you managed to reach the station you are not being stalked..and there is plenty of them so it's rare that someone camps one..

1. When approaching heli crash sites, don't go charging in all excited. First observe the where the zombies are going and try to crawl between them. Always always crawl around helis with your mouse wheel menu open at all times, otherwise you might miss something like NVGs.

2. If you find canned food or coke and your icons are not green. Use them! Don't let them go to waste :thumbsup:

3. The aim of the game is to survive. Getting 100+ murders does not make you a l33t sniper... :huh:

4. Cooked meat is better than canned food. Full Water bottles/canteens are better than soda cans (unless you find mountain dew :rolleyes:)

5. Don't stay around the coast for too long, go north asap! ;)

6. Don't get impatient when trying to join servers, otherwise you will spawn on the coast on your next session.

7. Don't rage about dying due to weird glitches and then proceed to fill the forums with 'WTF!! Rocket you suck!" - This is seems to fill around 90% of the forums. Me and my friend were on a motorcycle, he bumped into a slight mound on the road. He died and I went unconscious, I then waited for 10 mins for him to return. Got back on the bike and carried on with our day :thumbsup: :beans:

8. This game is an Alpha, shit happens.

9. Better safe than sorry.

10. You will not find everything you want within your first gaming session. (This explains why there are a lot of hackers and dupers because they find the game too hard to play legitimately)

11. You will die eventually. :|

12. Sometimes doors etc are not your friends. :P

Edited by The Veg Man

Water bottles/canteens are better than soda cans (unless you find mountain dew :rolleyes:)
I'd disagree, empty water bottles take up valuable inventory space and water fountains are pretty rare, anyways - it's not like coke/pepsi cans aren't uncommon

I'd disagree, empty water bottles take up valuable inventory space and water fountains are pretty rare, anyways - it's not like coke/pepsi cans aren't uncommon

I'll amend it to say full ones..

Water fountains are pretty common and there are ponds/lakes as well :thumbsup:

Water bottles are better in the long term, soda cans are more ideal for immediate use

Edited by The Veg Man

Three tips that could help out are:

1: Trust nobody unless you know them.

2: Stay down, loot fast and smart.

3: Only walk at night, use the terrain to know what's around you

Three tips that could help out are:

1: Trust nobody unless you know them.

2: Stay down, loot fast and smart.

3: Only walk at night, use the terrain to know what's around you

Necro dude...

You have to mouse over the pack and scroll, there is supposed to be an option that says Take (Packnamehere)

A couple of combat related tips..

1) Never go prone when initially shot at, run, find cover. Get yourself situated first, then decide what to from there.

2) Dont be afraid to simply fire randomly at someone if they have shot you. Sometimes this can result you putting them on the back foot.

3) Be as patient as you can. People get bored.

4) After a kill, never go straight for the loot. Wait 5 minutes, unless the server is about to restart.

5) Always move position if your firing at someone for more than a minute or two, makes it harder to pin point you.

6) When flanking, try not to come up the side of them. Take a wide berth, come up behind them. People regulary check their sides more than their back.

If you have a GPS in your tool bar, hold down RIGHT control, and M and it will appear on the bottom right corner of your screen!

Youre welcome.