Caesar (DayZ)

A Threat To Banditry Itself, And A Solution.

I think the problem with this is as follows: Chernarus is a big motherfucking map, and we, as bandits, are masters of sneaking, hiding, and killing the stupid motherfuckers who try to befriend other strangers.although they may have 400+ to their little coalition, they cant cover every single square inch of the map. AND i love the fact that so many will be sitting in one place, just waiting to get shot. Its gunna be like shooting fish in a barrel. however, if they take control of high value places such as starry sobor, the airstrips, etc, im sure some bandit clans will have their ways with them.

hahaha...

Take control of The airstrip? Stary sobor and the likes?

We had the airstrip locked down for 4+hours with our clan, nobody entered or left it without us knowing.

And that was not an empty server, and we have gotten into multiple gunfights there.

People just lack moral, and honor when it comes to gun fights that can turn out diffrently than when they entered.

Simply because the ALT+F4 issue and ghosting around on diffrent server's is still there.

Doesn't matter if they are 400 or 4000people, no server will be able to hold more than 100 of them at max, and if they manage to get in on a server and fill it up with 100 of they're own people..

What are they gonna do?

Play around alone for a few hours until they get bored?

I don't fear a coalition or any of the sorts.

They can bring whatever they want, we will spot them before they see us in any case or scenario.

So im looking forward to meeting them.

It will bring some much needed action emphasis back, atleast for me.

just my opinion, take it or leave it.

-Zantiago

Edited by U.B.C.S. Zantiago

Survivors keep coming here...saying we're scared...or butthurt...or unprepared....but I see none of that. I see people calmly discussing how to destroy everything you're trying to build...who's butthurt? If anything the people of the coalition are butthurt, so butthurt that they have to band together to apply anti-inflammatory cream to each other's assholes.

I love how easy it is to bait you :)

Organization? Who needs that? I'm no fucking bandit, I'm a sociopath, as are many so called "bandits". I'll go in guns blazing, sniper barrels smoking, a war cry ripping it's way out of my throat, and a devilish smile on my lips. I'll die, but I'll take a sizable number with me. I will repeat the process with with perpetually unabated fervor. When I can't find assault rifles, I'll use low tier rifles, when I can't find low tier rifles I'll use pistols, if I find pistols ineffective I will suicide bomb with grenades. I will not allow peace or order to thrive. I shall enjoy dismantling their hopes and goals like so many legos. Sociopaths. Chaos, gore, and glory await thee. SHALL YOU SEIZE IT? I BELIEVE THE MEN AMONG YOU SHALL. I fear nothing from this "Coalition". In fact I like the name, it will save me much time marking individual grave stones. I wait in the darkness. Fangs bared in sinister amusement. Come survivors. Come.

You dirty piece of scum make me sick.

Destroying hard work for your entertainment. Banditry should be to live, not to grief.

You dirty piece of scum make me sick.

Destroying hard work for your entertainment. Banditry should be to live, not to grief.

dude, people play dayZ how they want to play it, as long as they don't script everything goes.

personally i'll be sure to keep an eye out for these safezones and fire a few dozen rounds at em with my M240, just to keep their heads down

The {GB} Ghillie bandits will answer the call. A fair warning gentlmen. Another survivor group has been joining in on the escapade .... The CNSF Cherno National Security force. They cleaned my server out of all pvpers accept us

400 bandit hunting survivors? Yay, 400 times the fun for me. Bring it on!

honestly i cant see this working. I wont actively help people, unless im being rewarded, and i wont actively hunt for people or KOS, unless they shoot at me or I see them shooting somebody. This makes me neutral. As already stated, the entire map cannot be covered, and small groups of bandits will always pick off the coalition, and the maximum of 100 players per map and 400 players covering over effectively 4000 different chernarus's, it wont work . The game wont change, the status wont change, all it will be is squads and clans of people, saying that they are fighting for a cause. So this 'coalition' will hunt down bandits, yes but isnt that what alot of survivors do anyway? So, the bandits will kill if they see someone, havent they always done this? You could say that the bandits may now search for a target, but they have always done this. Maybe it will no longer be the southern barracks, or the stary military tents, but it will be a squad of this coalition. No matter what happens, this kind of ingame fighting is all part of the dayz experience, and at the most basic level will always end up being 'survivors kill bandits, bandits kill survivors'. No one will ever win because its a game, you respawn, re gear and go and kick ass. Part of the game is always looking over your shoulder to make sure somebody isnt going to axe you, which is one of the reasons dayz is so good. The way i view all of this crap, is that it will just provide additional opportunities for me and my real life buddies to go and get some gear from a huge coalition camp, a squad of dead survivors or a couple of dead bandits that bit off more then they could chew.

Edited by shot23

Organization? Who needs that? I'm no fucking bandit, I'm a sociopath, as are many so called "bandits". I'll go in guns blazing, sniper barrels smoking, a war cry ripping it's way out of my throat, and a devilish smile on my lips. I'll die, but I'll take a sizable number with me. I will repeat the process with with perpetually unabated fervor. When I can't find assault rifles, I'll use low tier rifles, when I can't find low tier rifles I'll use pistols, if I find pistols ineffective I will suicide bomb with grenades. I will not allow peace or order to thrive. I shall enjoy dismantling their hopes and goals like so many legos. Sociopaths. Chaos, gore, and glory await thee. SHALL YOU SEIZE IT? I BELIEVE THE MEN AMONG YOU SHALL. I fear nothing from this "Coalition". In fact I like the name, it will save me much time marking individual grave stones. I wait in the darkness. Fangs bared in sinister amusement. Come survivors. Come.

BRTky.jpg?1321408042

The big problem is bandits are...bandits. I'd also be surprised if survivors get organized to this point. Unless its a hive server with very watchful guards/admins (for hackers) I don't see them doing half of that stuff.

Trade areas? Easily destroyed by one or two guys with some grenades. Bandits don't need to be organized, just ballsy.

i am against the coalition and will aid you, we just need to advertise our organization more.

But the coalition is actually going to make life easier for us bandits as we could find high tier weapons and loot easier from killing them. We could ambush their convoys carrying food or weapon supplies.

Overall they actually make life easier for bandits.

Count me out!

I'm not a bandit, I'm a mentally unstable psychopath who fucks up(both ways interpreted can work) everything that moves.

It's an interesting Idea the survivors have, doesn't mean this is a good idea, we're bandits, the mindset of a camper and backstabbing-liquid instead of blood. I'd kill anyone without hesitation even if i or they said "friendly". I can find 2 major flaws with his plan to form an "organisation"

1. We're bandits, if i see a teammate that has a better weapon, i'll kill him for it and blame someone else while looting some other peoples backpacks. We're opportunists in the most purest form.

2. Survivors already group up to kill and hunt bandits, if we start forming an "organised system" we'll be without trust, survivors trust eachother because, they don't kill, we do and that means we'd kill any bandit aswell.(i atleast would) and that would create instabillity. they'd just pick us appart while we try and fight back. going face to face isn't most bandits style, as said mindset of a camper, i once waited for 2 hours in Berenzino on a hill with a winchester, to lucky-shot some kid that was packing an AS50 and his friend with an M4A3CCO. Bandit strength doesn't lie in number(like survivor strength does), bandit strength lies in cunning, positioning, weapon skill and a bit of luck.

Everyone in this thread is wrong......and right. Caesar,as you call yourself, cant you see?

As everyone above has stated, us bandits cannot work together because of the fact that is bandits kill other people just for the fact that we can. Yet, those people are also wrong. We can still work together, but not as a team. I'm thinking of more of a group of individual soldiers. Guerrilla warfare, if you will.

All we need is one sniper at a location of their choice and fire at the so called Coalition. That was easy.

Now, I'm not telling you to stay in one spot and camp out their servers, but wait until you get a clear shot on a few of them, shoot them, and change positions. The Coalition is fucked. They say they have 400 players strong. I say that only about 20-30 will ever be online at one time, and within those numbers, only about 5-10 will ever be in the same location. I'm sure that you bad asses out there could handle 5 or so unsuspecting idiots, right?

Now, in order for this whole post to even make sense, we require information on their servers. I'm sure that it will be leaked eventually, but it would be nice to have some inside info on them. Now, I was blacklisted by the TMW a couple months ago for doing exactly this, killing them, but they might not remember me. I'm going to try to infiltrate their ranks and gather info. Anyone else interested in this do not reply to this on this thread. PM's or simply no response at all.

Also, Caesar. Julius Caesar was the emporer of Rome, a civilization bent on military superiority and cruelty. Much like us. Fitting.

Edited by Cruwlity

My fellow bandits, we face a grave threat.

I was browsing the Survivor HQ threads, and a tag caught my eye, "The Coaliton - Changing the culture of DayZ". (Link here: http://dayzmod.com/f...ulture-of-dayz/) When I clicked the link, I was greeted not by yet another Survivor clan recruitment posting, but something far more dangerous. It seems the Survivors are getting organized. Several apparently influential or powerful clans have grouped together to from a 400 person strong organization. They claim that they will use military force to "police" Chernaurus, and set up "Trade areas". This is Chernaurus! We TAKE what we want. There are NO police. Howvever, these uppity survivors need to be taught a lesson. Our disorganization up to this point has left us at a disadvantage. Our disunion will be our downfall.

But, we can quickly make this an advantage. We already kill for survival or entertainment, the added benefit of hurting an enemy who threatens that is icing on the cake. I issue a call to any and all bandit clans, groups, even solo rebels, to unify against this threat. In light of the similarities between DayZ and

S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and the fact that the aims of the Coalition and Duty faction match, I say we take the name of Freedom. Not only does this fit into the S.T.A.L.K.E.R theme, but, it is, after all, what we fight for. Freedom to take what we will, kill who we want, and be what we are. Bandits.

Well, now that the rousing speech part is over, down to brass tax. I am seriously concerned that if these guys are not made an example of, it could be a problem. As long as there isn't a unified defense against banditry, we still have near complete freedom. If this idea of a Coalition spreads, and gets organized, that could become quite an issue. So, if you want to help, I'll take care of the organizational work, and we continue to do what we do. Just a bit more targeted.

Yummy, resistance!

God...there are gonna be so many dead motherfuckers if they ever manage to somehow seize a town...

This topic had its time, and it has passed.

LOOK AT THE DATE IN WHICH THE TOPIC/COMMENT WAS POSTED BEFORE REPLYING TO IT.