Caesar (DayZ)

A Threat To Banditry Itself, And A Solution.

My fellow bandits, we face a grave threat.

I was browsing the Survivor HQ threads, and a tag caught my eye, "The Coaliton - Changing the culture of DayZ". (Link here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/73671-the-coalition-changing-the-culture-of-dayz/) When I clicked the link, I was greeted not by yet another Survivor clan recruitment posting, but something far more dangerous. It seems the Survivors are getting organized. Several apparently influential or powerful clans have grouped together to from a 400 person strong organization. They claim that they will use military force to "police" Chernaurus, and set up "Trade areas". This is Chernaurus! We TAKE what we want. There are NO police. Howvever, these uppity survivors need to be taught a lesson. Our disorganization up to this point has left us at a disadvantage. Our disunion will be our downfall.

But, we can quickly make this an advantage. We already kill for survival or entertainment, the added benefit of hurting an enemy who threatens that is icing on the cake. I issue a call to any and all bandit clans, groups, even solo rebels, to unify against this threat. In light of the similarities between DayZ and

S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and the fact that the aims of the Coalition and Duty faction match, I say we take the name of Freedom. Not only does this fit into the S.T.A.L.K.E.R theme, but, it is, after all, what we fight for. Freedom to take what we will, kill who we want, and be what we are. Bandits.

Well, now that the rousing speech part is over, down to brass tax. I am seriously concerned that if these guys are not made an example of, it could be a problem. As long as there isn't a unified defense against banditry, we still have near complete freedom. If this idea of a Coalition spreads, and gets organized, that could become quite an issue. So, if you want to help, I'll take care of the organizational work, and we continue to do what we do. Just a bit more targeted.

• Like 2

Bandits trusting each other... Yeah, I can't see that working, have fun getting killed by survivors...

• Like 5

and you call yourself a bandit? you sound like a big fairy.

Tho' a event such as this wouldnt be boring :)?

But fairy tales that is,

as a lone-wolf in the black forrest, i'll be just fine without Cherno or Electro.. Theres nothing in these two cities worth taken which cannot be found anywhere else ;P

Stary Sober.. Bandit heaven!

• Like 3

Bandits working together is something you won't see often unless they know each other originally. I personally am going to go visit this forum and fuck the shit out of some of their Coalition Squads for footage. ;)

Bandits working together is something you won't see often unless they know each other originally. I personally am going to go visit this forum and fuck the shit out of some of their Coalition Squads for footage. ;)

Hell, I'd be with ya anytime

If i get a list of servers that they operate on i'm in on hitting an organised group, especially one that will be bound to be rich with loot like this.

Organization? Who needs that? I'm no fucking bandit, I'm a sociopath, as are many so called "bandits". I'll go in guns blazing, sniper barrels smoking, a war cry ripping it's way out of my throat, and a devilish smile on my lips. I'll die, but I'll take a sizable number with me. I will repeat the process with with perpetually unabated fervor. When I can't find assault rifles, I'll use low tier rifles, when I can't find low tier rifles I'll use pistols, if I find pistols ineffective I will suicide bomb with grenades. I will not allow peace or order to thrive. I shall enjoy dismantling their hopes and goals like so many legos. Sociopaths. Chaos, gore, and glory await thee. SHALL YOU SEIZE IT? I BELIEVE THE MEN AMONG YOU SHALL. I fear nothing from this "Coalition". In fact I like the name, it will save me much time marking individual grave stones. I wait in the darkness. Fangs bared in sinister amusement. Come survivors. Come.

• Like 19

The cool thing is you think as a survivor...

Do you think a group of bandits are going into a firefight with a group of survivors?

as a bandit you wait for the right moment you hide and wait , thats it nothing more nothing less.

I have attacked freeside trading several times with my fellow bandits ,

M4 holo + smoke grenade aand they are completely shitting there pants and shutting down the server immediatly and saying "hackers"

So these piece of shit people aint gonna take annything so far

dunno, i see that as a good thing. i have never shot at new spawns in cherno/elektro, so more organised fighting will mean a lot more fun.

• Like 1

trusting

What is this 'trusting'? A salad topping? Are you aware that this is an English board? I've checked the DayZ dictionary three times, and there is nothing even remotely similar to that word.

I was left for dead by a group of 'trusted' companions, because they didn't see the enemies who shot at us, thusly Alt+F4 won them the day. Sniping my trusted friends a night after that was pretty damn satisfying.

Edited by Stworca

Organization? Who needs that? I'm no fucking bandit, I'm a sociopath, as are many so called "bandits". I'll go in guns blazing, sniper barrels smoking, a war cry ripping it's way out of my throat, and a devilish smile on my lips. I'll die, but I'll take a sizable number with me. I will repeat the process with with perpetually unabated fervor. When I can't find assault rifles, I'll use low tier rifles, when I can't find low tier rifles I'll use pistols, if I find pistols ineffective I will suicide bomb with grenades. I will not allow peace or order to thrive. I shall enjoy dismantling their hopes and goals like so many legos. Sociopaths. Chaos, gore, and glory await thee. SHALL YOU SEIZE IT? I BELIEVE THE MEN AMONG YOU SHALL. I fear nothing from this "Coalition". In fact I like the name, it will save me much time marking individual grave stones. I wait in the darkness. Fangs bared in sinister amusement. Come survivors. Come.

you sound like a goddamn chaos champion. taunting the opposition.

and i bloody like it ^^

Edited by aru_azif
  • Like 1

I'd be all down for organizing a bandit raid on these fools, but the reality is, I'll never trust anyone I don't know very well when I'm walkign around with my M107 or M4A1 CCO SD....

also, they think they can change the culture of dayz? Not many people succeed when they try to manipulate human nature, but that is a cute idea. the major downfall that any survivor will always have is simply the fact that they will end up trusting the wrong person eventually.

• Like 1

We will also substitute your guns with socialized healthcare.

• Like 3

Too many people ITT trying to be speech hero's haha.

Just post their info whenever they post it, and it'll be the beginning of the end for them.

The cool thing is you think as a survivor...

Do you think a group of bandits are going into a firefight with a group of survivors?

as a bandit you wait for the right moment you hide and wait , thats it nothing more nothing less.

I have attacked freeside trading several times with my fellow bandits ,

M4 holo + smoke grenade aand they are completely shitting there pants and shutting down the server immediatly and saying "hackers"

So these piece of shit people aint gonna take annything so far

Unfortunatly, we are attacked daily by hackers, and sometimes the call to close the server is made in an attempt to minimise damage, sadly mistakes have sometimes been made.

We infact love a legit attack, just last weekend we were attack by 2 different clans and got smashed, there was no sign of hacking and although it was a loss it was fun, I even wrote out the story of it in the 8/10 event thread:

(http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/66420-event-freeside-trading-co-open-trading-810-812/)

Anyway, on topic, what the OP may or may not have realised is that this anti coalition group is just part of the change talked about in dr wastelands post, if something comes from both threads, how can the gameplay not change? I find.what is happening now very similar to what has happened in EvE online for a long time now, clans have been formed and now into large alliances (complete with subterfuge and spies as we at freeside have experienced) and this can only be a good thing for both bandits and survivors.

• Like 2

I think the problem with this is as follows: Chernarus is a big motherfucking map, and we, as bandits, are masters of sneaking, hiding, and killing the stupid motherfuckers who try to befriend other strangers.although they may have 400+ to their little coalition, they cant cover every single square inch of the map. AND i love the fact that so many will be sitting in one place, just waiting to get shot. Its gunna be like shooting fish in a barrel. however, if they take control of high value places such as starry sobor, the airstrips, etc, im sure some bandit clans will have their ways with them.

• Like 1

fuck man 62nd are my heros, plz tell me where ur based cause a seriously geared bandit wants 2 roll with such a beast crew.

Reddit must die, OR GIVE TEAM AVO ICECREAM!

Nothing with the Op's post has anything to do really with trusting each other, that will never happen. But what it could do is give us targets, if we all happen to be on the same city/town at the same time all it would really mean would be that target the Coalition first instead of fellow bandits. Once the Coalition is taken down a notch or 10 we go back to each other if it's needed. All I'm saying is target the fellows that think they can do away with us first before each other. Most of us run solo to packs of 5ish from what I've seen. No need for mass orginizing, just locations of targets and let the lone wolfs to squads take them down. That's my thoughts on it. If squads want to team up and have a cease fire they need to work that out themselves. Just my thoughts on it. So post up servers and locations and I'm happy to take my buddy and do some hunting.

• Like 2

We can have 400+eachother for targets or we can have 400 targets.

I LIKE 400+EACHOTHER!

BillClinton2.jpg

• Like 3

down to brass tax.

No tariffs on alloys without representation! This is a rebellion, I say!

Edited by Patient Zer0
  • Like 2

you will fail. whats done in the dark will be brought to the light. So i'm gonna post a recon link to their leader to notify them. good luck, you will need it.

• Like 1

Because it's not like there's still going to be hundreds of servers where they have no presence or anything.