Bivis87

Am I a bad person?

So last night, I was in Krasnostav, i had a car and some really nice gear, things were finally going my way. I was with a friend, we were looting the supermarket and I heard shots nearby. Knowing it wasn't my friend, I looked out the window and saw a player running down towards us, he ran into a house and began shooting Zombies coming in at him.

I have been killed by players more times than I can remember in this mod with no warning or provocation and I was wary to give him a chance based on this but i had also never killed another player. Reluctantly I asked if he was friendly, no answer, I asked again, still no answer.

At this point I left the supermarket and went to the street just outside, I saw him through the window of the enterable building, I raised my M16 and shot him twice in the head, he died instantly.

I regret doing this as the more I think about it, putting myself in his shoes, he was getting aggroed by zeds and was likely too busy to reply although based on prior experience I had no way of telling that when he exited that house whether he would run off, want to team up or simply put a bullet in my head with his AK74 Kobra.

Thoughts?

Killing other players is a part of the game. You should regret nothing.

In a realistic situation you tried everything possible to make contact to see if it was a threat. IRL survival skills would take over and its kill or be killed when you judged said dead person a threat.

ummm how do you know the player spoke/read english ???

perhaps he didnt have a godam clue what u were saying..

yea better just to shot him in the face.

/facepalm...

/sigh yet another bandit is born

I regret doing this as the more I think about it, putting myself in his shoes, he was getting aggroed by zeds and was likely too busy to reply although based on prior experience I had no way of telling that when he exited that house whether he would run off, want to team up or simply put a bullet in my head with his AK74 Kobra.

Thoughts?

Whether you chose to become a bandit or a survivor, you generating these thoughts and feelings, means Rocket has succeeded creating a new and different game experience and it means you've had the intellectual capacity to actually experience this. You should congratulate yourself for being able to reflect over this situation, even if you feel bad.

And don't worry this will happen again and again if you decide to play as a friendly survivor like me, unless your heart turn cold from all the killing and betrail and you become a bandit for good.

• Like 2

I was exiting the tower at Balota airfield today when my char of a few days was killed, (after finding a good gun and ammo to use it). Had a map, compass, watch, blood packs, food. drinks, and a ton of other stuff. I was shot and killed with no warning. When this happened I was extremely angry at the player that did this, but then I realized that I wasn't taking the right precautions and it was basically my fault. Moral of the story: unless you are in the complete wrong place, at the complete wrong time, you are asking to be shot, especially if you are running around Cherno aggroing zombies. You are not a bad person, you just came out on top this time.

The Loot Paradox.

Players with weaker loot are often considered to be less dangerous, but have more incentive to shoot you. Players with better loot get shot at more often, but have less incentive to harm you.

Bandit logic makes my brain hurt.

• Like 1

Trust no one.

Even if they say they're friendly. I make sure their gun is down, and they're out of sight. If they don't comply, I find another way around, or gun them down.

Currently watching over a wounded friend in Cherno with a SVD Camo and a Rangefinder. Anyone who comes within 50 feet of that building get's a bullet through theirs skull. I protect my friends in this game, because it's means for survival.

You did the right thing.

just an hour ago i was on a building in cherno, it was almost pitch black and i was on the hunt for beans and food as my blood was at 5000 i had a double barrel shotgun coz the loot wasnt too flash at this time, i saw another player directly infront of me scavenging some macorov rounds, me heart started beating very fast and i remembered all the times i called friendly and got a bullet in the face... without even thinking bout the outcome i rasied my shotgun and blasted him in the head, instantly i felt remorse stood there for a minute or soo til the shakes and my heart to slow, i then checked the body and saw he had an ak and map and compass then felt worse because for me any way these things are hard to find.. i beleive i should have called freindly but in the end what it comes down is better him then me, if i see him agen i will offer assistence if he is unarmed..

He shouldn't of been such a muppet and just ran between the house, you can easily lose zeds since the last update. There's no need to make such a racket by shooting at them. The only time I'm careful, crawling around, is if there are other players around town. Agro'ed zeds will give you away and someone will surely shoot you.

Maybe he didn't have a mic or speak English, but then again he was carrying a gun so it was probably best to put him down. It probably would have been better to watch him for a little while without making contact if he hadn't seen you. Maybe you could have just let him pass.

The Loot Paradox.

Players with weaker loot are often considered to be less dangerous, but have more incentive to shoot you. Players with better loot get shot at more often, but have less incentive to harm you.

Bandit logic makes my brain hurt.

I like this paradox. Haha.

Yes you are.

You should have shot him the second you saw him runnin down the road towards you..

Should have taken him out of his misery before his upcomming doom with the zeds..

So yes, i think you acted to slowly to save another human from being eaten.

/thread

I would have done the same thing. Mainly because you asked him if he was friendly or not. If I don't get a reply I usually back off or kill them if they pose a potential threat.

Same situation happened to me in Elektro Firestation. I heard him in the tower and I went up and he was sitting on the top of the stairs waiting for me. I asked him if he was friendly three times. I backed off and went to loot the church. He came running in to get away from some Zombies and I just killed him. I didn't want to risk it.

Nope, you gave a warning. I would have sent a text warning too, in case his mic is broken. Given the situation, I would have shot him.

Edited by GrendelZ

Not if you are a survivor and not a bandit!

I think I've only ever killed 3 people and that is either after I've asked if they're friendly, they've shot at me or they managed to kill me and I've respawned really near them!

You're not a bad person.

But, IMO if you encounter a player and you are *not sure* if you can trust him, IMO you should break contact and leave. If there is no direct

need to 'murder' him, you shouldn't do it.

I know it's hard to make the right decision 'in the field'; every situation is different and someone who wasn't there can't judge it.

So no blame to you, but the fact that you wonder if you *did the right thing* tells me that the next encounter you have, that is similar to

this one, will probably not end in murder. You are a good person, good luck to you.

exactly. Im a Bandit. I kill everbody exept ppl of my crew

I want to know why people feel this kind of stuff when they kill a player in game.....do you feel bad when you play MW3 or BF3 and you kick ass that game? No you brag about your score to your friends.

I kill a player, and no im not a bandit and hunt players, I just feel well that was a rush and move on. Its part of the game and once you play a few lives its not that hard to get decent loot and move up north for better lootz.

I want to know why people feel this kind of stuff when they kill a player in game.....do you feel bad when you play MW3 or BF3 and you kick ass that game? No you brag about your score to your friends.

I kill a player, and no im not a bandit and hunt players, I just feel well that was a rush and move on. Its part of the game and once you play a few lives its not that hard to get decent loot and move up north for better lootz.

cuz those games are FPS games, and nothing more..

this is a sandbox, its a totaly different animal. the game world is there to allow you to play anyway you see fit..

which includes a million variations, the problem lies in that the game employs ZERO rules/boundary's for controlling the general population, and right now there is ZERO reasons not to simply "bandit" and take whateva you want instead of banding together to helps strangers.

Human nature on show, love this game or what?! Did you ever consider the poor guy you drilled didn't speak English? LOL! Who gives a rats ass dude. I give any survivor a wide birth. I won't kill for nothing but I don't hesitate for a second once something doesn't feel right. You did the right thing Bro. Let's hope we never meet :)