bad_mojo (DayZ)

People who play 3rd person

i came in here with a troll response already thought up. you sir just changed that thought to this.

thank you for the helpful tips. i will try that for when i go into first person for combat. i however LOVE third for cross country running, and i like to see my character. personal preference.

thank you for not flaming/bashing/being a total fuckwad douche. beans for you

• Like 9

i always find that playing 1stP requires more cohonez thus making me (as a 1stP Player) real manly.

only the hard core core hard.

• Like 2

Only first person, it's so much better, realistic and no "peek around corner" fights.

• Like 2

Every non-exploit thing that third person can do is achievable in first person, there is absolutely no excuse for third person anymore.

• Like 3

I'm a 3rd person player, mostly because third person gives me better special awareness and It goes to first person when aiming anyway

I have bunked my FOV up to 95(ish) and even then first person view seems limited, when I join a server without third person I'm happy playing because I know no one has an advantage. I also like to see my character from time to time, I wish reflections worked for me.

Well since Dayz and ARMA before it and OFP before that all had 3rd person or 1st person options I never cared either way. Dayz is not a FPS game so 3rd person doesnt bother me.

Who would complain about 1st person servers?.. there are plenty of each type for everyones preference.. this is a non-issue to anyone unless they are a just trolling.

• Like 1

I'm a 3rd person player, mostly because third person gives me better special awareness and It goes to first person when aiming anyway

Unrealistic, noobs play with 3rd.

• Like 1

Who would complain about 1st person servers?.. there are plenty of each type for everyones preference.. this is a non-issue to anyone unless they are a just trolling.

This doesn't work when every server is connected. Someone can exploit on a server that has this hole and then join a server that doesn't allow this exploit with their ill-gotten gains.

Just to add, the Double (-) trick only works on weapons that DON'T have scoped optics. ACOG's, Thermals etc~ just revert it back to normal FOV.

• Like 2

I prefer 1st person servers, but to me they seem a little limited in comparison to 3rd person servers. Even most the "vet servers" have both 3rd person AND crosshairs on.

Unrealistic, noobs play with 3rd.

Unimaginative elitist cocksuckers only care how someone else plays their games. Who the fuck cares really? Play how you want, as long as you're not hacking or exploiting I'm good!

• Like 6

Every non-exploit thing that third person can do is achievable in first person, there is absolutely no excuse for third person anymore.

Except for peaking over cover however arma 3 does bring that in which I'm glad

Thanks for the advice. The double press the "-" key was new as were a few other things so you have my beans. I used to be one of those 3rd person only players until I went on a server that had 1st person only and I learned to adapt and so I could continue to play on the server. Now I cannot stand playing 3rd person at all... Occasionally I will look just to see what my character looks like... lol

This doesn't work when every server is connected. Someone can exploit on a server that has this hole and then join a server that doesn't allow this exploit with their ill-gotten gains.

lol what exploit? 3rd person is not an exploit. Its actually part of the engine and all of the games the engine supports for over 10 years now. Like I said, I dont care either way but BIS is not going to remove 3rd person from their games because some dayz noob that never gave a shit about their games before wants it to be a FPS game.

Removing options is counter-productive to any project.

• Like 2

3rd is not an exploit...lol ....and your argument in invalid as it's easier to get gear on 1st person only servers. Regular servers are easily the hardest way to play the game. You will die the quickest on those servers. 1st person is pro-carebear all the way.

• Like 1

I use 3rd person only in cities if its available on the server because I solo and have no one to watch my back but in combat and off the coast I prefer 1st person. Your tip with the - key will be very helpful for that so thank you.

lol what exploit? 3rd person is not an exploit. Its actually part of the engine and all of the games the engine supports for over 10 years now. Like I said, I dont care either way but BIS is not going to remove 3rd person from their games because some dayz noob that never gave a shit about their games before wants it to be a FPS game.

Removing options is counter-productive to any project.

3rd person was intended for a PvE environment, there isn't a single PvP ArmA server that has 3rd person, and even most PvE groups disable it.

The only thing 3rd person can do that 1st person can't is see through walls, it's an exploit. It's optional in the same sense as duping and hacks, and I hope you want to remove those options too.

Edited by Dsi1

3rd person was intended for a PvE environment, there isn't a single PvP ArmA server that has 3rd person, and even most PvE groups disable it.

The only thing 3rd person can do that 1st person can't is see through walls, it's an exploit. It's optional in the same sense as duping and hacks, and I hope you want to remove those options too.

So the changes they made for arma 3 in terms of leaning were not needed and a waste of time? because all they do is allow you to see through walls?

the bobbing up and down needs to be added to arma 2 stat

Edited by Orthus

I play ARMA still. Lots of Veteran 3rd person servers for pvp still around. The fact that some disable it just proves my point. It is best left as an option to the host to decide on. If you are getting killed by snipers that camp using 3rd person to spot you then you are simply doing it wrong. Its not a FPS game. I know all the elitist cupcakes want it to be but it isn't and it never will be no matter how many tears are shed.