Adam (DayZ)

DayZ Update 1.5.4

Not all of them need to be repaired... found a pretty wrecky boat, but the only repairable thing was the engine and this one was fine... :D

All vehicles start unrepaired and empty (But fully feueled). If you find a semi-repaired vehicle, that's thanks to someone else's work. ;)

I think we will get to a point where there won't be many new players that are that desperate for weapons' date=' and know they can get matching gear, and would find more to gain from teaming up with a person with good gear as opposed to killing them.

[/quote']

I think that depends on how large servers get in the future.

I'd love to see a 300 player server.

You may not have been playing Arma very long, so this map, Chernarus, may seem like the largest video game map in an FPS/3rd Person Shooter ever ever.

Really, it's not that big. It has many areas that are focal points, or hot spots in any game mode, and they have already "resurfaced" in this new game mode, DayZ. As always, Chernogorsk and Elektro, Stary Sobor are barely ever barren in a 50/50 server.

The NW Airfield is where players "usually" start on this map, or where OPFOR start, with players spawning from a small aircraft carrier out to sea South of Chernogorsk. With 50 players, and the ability for players to save, say, in the hangar, and load into another server, makes for a never-ending kill box at the NW Airfield.

Well, yea, it's big - but this is a relative term. The DayZ world already seems alive with people, nearly every large town on the coast never sleeps, same with many inland hotspots. If the in-game population soared to 6 times that many, no one would be able to travel 1km without bumping elbows with other survivors.

That would make for a lousy survival game, and turn it back into domination, or Attack and Secure.

I forgot to include my recommendation for a larger map. Sorry for the confusion.

But yeah, I've logged 70 hours so far and the map now seems pretty small.

Or other maps... the system is currently modular. It takes about 1 hour of work to have it working on another map. However, I need to get our crippling bugs fixed before we do this. Also, Takistan provides me an issue regarding water :/

Or you can just pick one of these awesome map made by the community on armaholic.

Dunno, just saying.

Oh absolutely agree. Was just using that as an example. I had tried to stick to core content initially just to make it a bit easier installing and achieving interoperability.

• Like 1

A desert world with so few trees as Takistan would be pretty lame, even if water were abundant. I play like a sole survivor, and ration my supplies so well, I rarely choose to get into a firefight with either human or Zombie. Without the forests to retreat to, I'd find surviving nearly impossible.

If server numbers reflected the size of the map, it would be fun to play on Lingor or Duala with smaller groups, and maybe CLAfghan with 70-80 player cap.

I have scripted one mission heavily to make it work on the very large CLAfghan map by Minimalaco and Robster, but they aren't in any way finished with it. Many map errors yet, and though it has water, and trees over 450 square km, not all water features work so well, and there just aren't enough towns for it's size. And good luck with getFlatEmpty in such a hilly map - it's a trigonometric nightmare of epic proportions.

EDIT NOTE: Patiently awaiting a reply to email - =VG= would like to dedicate one of our Arma Servers to DayZ ASAP! We love this game mod/mode!!!

=VG= could you resend. The email inbox is mad but priority is given to setting up new servers.

Send through the RDP, with a clean A2:CO install patched to 1.6. If you want to save me grief, install latest JayArmA2Lib and CBA, and DayZ mods. Then its about a 10 minute job for me.

Put in caps "ROCKET: NEW SERVER SETUP"

Any chance of removing the whole becoming bandit thing until its fixed? :(

Waking up in the ocean in the middle of nowhere after killing someone is no very cool(

I was thinking about the famous Isla Duala. But it's maybe too desertic and somewhat flat.

Island Panthera or Everon can do the trick.

(maybe) fixed in 1.5.5 (even I can't say that without giggling though).

If I just remove it, then it will end up fucking us up in the long run. Even if I remove that mechanic you need to be able to change clothes etc... So we need the mechanic. It's just like it is now because I'm LAZY. Server should not reinitialize you with the database when you're already ingame. So yeah. I just need to stop being a carebear, my little pony loving, hello kitty backpack wearing, pussy and finish coding it.

Server should not reinitialize you with the database when you're already ingame.

This would be great)

Im all for clothes but black screen and reload during a firefight or while being eaten by zombies is not nice.

If I just remove it' date=' then it will end up fucking us up in the long run. Even if I remove that mechanic you need to be able to change clothes etc... So we need the mechanic. It's just like it is now because I'm LAZY. Server should not reinitialize you with the database when you're already ingame. So yeah. I just need to stop being a carebear, my little pony loving, hello kitty backpack wearing, pussy and finish coding it.

[/quote']

I know it has got to be hectic trying to keep up with all this. Is it a manpower issue? Do you need more coders/scripters?

If I just remove it' date=' then it will end up fucking us up in the long run. Even if I remove that mechanic you need to be able to change clothes etc... So we need the mechanic. It's just like it is now because I'm LAZY. Server should not reinitialize you with the database when you're already ingame. So yeah. I just need to stop being a carebear, my little pony loving, hello kitty backpack wearing, pussy and finish coding it.

[/quote']

I know it has got to be hectic trying to keep up with all this. Is it a manpower issue? Do you need more coders/scripters?

Adding to that.. if u need any 3d modellers let me know? I'm in Auckland.. used to make weapons for arma / ofp way back.. I still do 3d -rendering/raytracing partime be keen to support this if you need a hand..

The graphic glitch for wire and tank trap metal is really affecting gameplay. Can you fix this for 1.5.5, even if it just means removing the items from spawning till they're fixed.

it works fine for me... Are you sure you installed everything including the gear update

it works fine for me... Are you sure you installed everything including the gear update

I get no graphics glitches from tank traps or wire' date=' they seems to be working perfectly fine. I'm running the 92333 beta patch for Arma.

[/quote']

You just haven't come across them then, it's a confirmed bug (in this thread no less).

I've come across both Tank Traps and Wire. No graphical issues here. Both appear fine.

I've come across both Tank Traps and Wire. No graphical issues here. Both appear fine.

Same here, no problem seeing them or taking them in my bag.

I get all sort of issues, might try re downloading equip v1.2 and trying again.