Adam (DayZ)

DayZ Update 1.5.4

Right now, I think the last thing we need is more players! Certainly some publicity will be good in the future, but people forget this only JUST went alpha, it still has all the "meat" of the features to add - it's essentially a rough proof of concept.

It's also still very buggy, unpolished, and unstable. I think before any real publicity is done these issues need to be addressed. I only announced it on the BI Forums because it had reached the point where it needed capacity testing. I hadn't actually intended it to be enjoyable, at least in a long term sense, in its current state.

Yeah, and your alpha is better and more popular than most of the game's betas, congrats

Well, if this is what you make when you're creating something that's NOT intended to be enjoyable, I eagerly await the future :D

An alpha doesn't need any publicity.

The mod is already popular as tits it's crazy.

When i placed a tent on DE1 and joined EU2 tent disappeared, when i gone back on DE1 tent and gear was there. Strange thing.

Teleporting to sea is annoying. ;/

How about adding this mod to moddb?

More publicity and i would be this mod would win the Mod of the Year 2012 award for sure.

http://www.moddb.com

And to Desura also

[NEW]        Players no longer consume food/water offline BUT can still become starving offline (just eat when you login) P.S. you guys are pussies

You should be flattered your game has achieved a level of whining on par with the Starwars franchise. It shows we care. ;)

U should learn about silencers and ballistic xD

SD bullets are lower firepower and heavier bullet to make lower speed than sound speed. that makes them un hearable from distance.

When i placed a tent on DE1 and joined EU2 tent disappeared' date=' when i gone back on DE1 tent and gear was there. Strange thing.

Teleporting to sea is annoying. ;/

[/quote']

To my knowledge cars and tents are saved to the server they are on, and do not move from one server to another, so it sounds like your tent is working as intended.

SD bullets are lower firepower and heavier bullet to make lower speed than sound speed. that makes them un hearable from distance.

What? You should learn about silencers and ballistics.

Most suppressors and silencers are used with common ammunition. You only use cold ammunition if you are a really sneaky type to prevent the sub sonic crack from happening when shooting past someone or missing someone.

Its perfectly fine to fire normal ammunition with silencers or suppressors.

What? You should learn about silencers and ballistics.

Most suppressors and silencers are used with common ammunition. You only use cold ammunition if you are a really sneaky type to prevent the sub sonic crack from happening when shooting past someone or missing someone.

Its perfectly fine to fire normal ammunition with silencers or suppressors.

This.

Except silenced assault rifles are an OP weapon and should be removed; silenced pistols should be the only option.

OP in what way? It could be argued that any rifle is OP compared to the Mak. The risk of obtaining each weapon is really where the balance comes from.

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

my 2 beautiful tents! my 2 MP5 SD, my 2 AKMs, my AKS Kobra, my M14 Red Dot, my NVG... all gone! D:

This.

Except silenced assault rifles are an OP weapon and should be removed; silenced pistols should be the only option.

The 5.56mm and 5.45mm do less damage than the magnum and take two hits to the chest (Much like the other pistols) to kill a zombie. Hardly over powered, if you ask me.

Edit:

And when you factor in the relatively low supply of ammunition, it becomes less advantageous to have that kind of rifle.

Edit2:

And people will kill you for your gun.

TENTS STILL NOT FIXED AT ALL

PLAYERS LOOSE THEIR SHIT EVERYTIME AT SERVER RESTART OR GOD KNOWS WHAT

BORING SINCE IT'S IMPORTANT AS HELL

Caps lock is the new trend.

Well see, thats what is confusing. Because I've mainly been getting reports from people that tents are working. please post what happened and on what servers. Some admins are restarting HIVE mid initializing.

Regardless, anything you value keep on yourself. Anything you don't put in tents. Need to test the tents and find the bugs.

Was on EU7.

But the server was going to shit, various crashes, restarts and infinite " Waiting for server response ", maybe it's because of that.

I hope so.

Also are the long-ass loading times and lags on servers can be due by the zombie population ?

I lost the content of muy tent too, but I don't care, since this is a WIP, an early alpha, I use tents just to free some slots before I enter a loot area. Then I just decide what to keep and what not. Pack again and keep moving! And of course, when I disconnect, I always store in my personal equipment what is strictly necessary... Fix will come, sooner or later.

I agree on the fact it's still on alpha.

But on a game where nothing is truely persistent, not even your life, a safe house to stock your rare shit is UTTERLY IMPORTANT. The player should always have a way to have his little " point ".

Actually its on Alpha. If its still doing this on Beta then yes, we'll all be a little concerned :)