Wo3dy

Community Banlist

The Community Ban List is no longer being maintained, very few ban submissions or appeals have been looked at since August. If you are banned from a server using this banlist, you must contact their admins directly.

If you are banned from a Server. And want to appeal.
Search your Ban on the Biggest Banlist around !!
http://code.google.c...e/bans/bans.txt

This Community Banlist is updated several times a day.
This does NOT mean that you are in it. it all depends on the admin if he reports it to this Banlist.

Player logs onto server.
Player is banned reason is Hacking/Cheating
i.e more than likely a local ban

Player logs into server
Player is banned reason is W 4d9b2182 0x0f44d938
i.e dayz-community-banlist

To search your ban, you need to know your GUID number, this is a unique ID assigned to your account.
Ones you know your GUID, go to the Banlist and press CTRL+F paste your GUID in there and search for the exact same GUID in the list, if you are in it; you will find it this way.

EXAMPLE:
GUID Ban Duration Technical info for the Project leaders
8f2a4a6eba50195a51561d89fc0cf350 -1 W 4d9b2182 0x0f44d938

But if you ARE in this Banlist. You can easly ask for the Proof, as EVERY Ban in this list has Log info.
you wont be in the banlist if the admin did not have Log info.
Ones the "bosses"(These are people connected to DayZ and the Script Detection) of this Community banlist sees your appeal he will show the log proof
here: http://code.google.c...ist/issues/list

If you are cleared. the banlist will be updated in this website.
Tho it does not mean you will be unbanned instantly, it depends on the admin of the server.

Some servers will update this banlist automaticly with Git, other servers will only update the list when the admin downloads the updated banlist.

In anycase you can clear your name. and be sure to be able to play on other servers that use this banlist, if you are cleared.

If not..well.. Goodluck finding a server.

However, since you can't find your own GUID anywhere (unless you login, which obvious fails), here's a method which should give it to you:

http://forums.bistud...to-find-my-guid

PS this doesn't work if you're banned by BattlEye, since you can't join the servers at all ;)
Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 13

How do admins contribute to the list or are these bans only from your servers?

Edited by smasht_AU

check first link. top of the banlist :)

• Like 1

Alright, also how are you verifying the legitimatcy of the bans, we all know there are some terrible admins out there as well as people who would love to fake ban a tonne of innocent players from a bunch of servers sharing the list, that's really my only concern with a shared ban list system.

Edited by smasht_AU

i leave that answer to the people leading this project.

project starter: Jwiechers

Edited by Wo3dy

Maybe a weird question; but how should we read this banlist and how can we find ourselfs here?

I'm a technical person, but even I can't see if my nickname or PlayerID is in the list.

Maybe a weird question; but how should we read this banlist and how can we find ourselfs here?

I'm a technical person, but even I can't see if my nickname or PlayerID is in the list.

i updated my first post, with that info.

thank you for bringing that up.

i updated my first post, with that info.

thank you for bringing that up.

I already thought it might be GUID, but non the less asked it ;)

However, since you can't find your own GUID anywhere (unless you login, which obvious fails), here's a method which should give it to you:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?106913-How-to-find-my-guid

PS this doesn't work if you're banned by BattlEye, since you can't join the servers at all ;)

I already thought it might be GUID, but non the less asked it ;)

http://forums.bistud...to-find-my-guid

quoted your post in first post, thx

It's the unique BattlEye ID which is in the banlist.

Only people are to be added to the list when the admin can prove it with his logfiles that they've cheated.

With no proper prove, no adding to the banlist.

It's simply a collection of approved cheaters from all the topics of the "Cheat Reporting" section.

That's my understanding of this list.

As previously stated, this is an entirely unofficial effort conducted to maintain a banlist as well as scripts.txt, remoteexec.txt and createvehicle.txt based on the experience of a couple of people who have been administering ARMA servers for quite a while, who have experience with ARMA scripting, some insight into the DayZ code and into the things to look for when banning people.

Alright, also how are you verifying the legitimatcy of the bans, we all know there are some terrible admins out there as well as people who would love to fake ban a tonne of innocent players from a bunch of servers sharing the list, that's really my only concern with a shared ban list system.

We took a lot of legacy bans from the ~ 20 servers we have control over, Dwarden from BIS contributed further bans and we took a few bans from people we trust -- and while there is some risk, the point of also storing the log information that led to the bans is essentially making sure that if someone complains, we can have a look at why and give them the benefit of the doubt if it isn't clear that they must have been cheating. In many cases, GUIDs on this list have been reported four or five times over multiple days on multiple servers and while I've manually pruned a couple of duplicates, there are still quite a number of them because I haven't systematically pruned them out.

• Like 2

If u think / wonder if u are on the ban list, might aswell just double check first...

First u should see something like the following as your ban reason

W 4d9b2182 0x0f44d938

Then have a quick look @ http://code.google.c...e/bans/bans.txt

and do a quick search for your GUID to make sure u are on the list.

edit:- I noticed some people are asking why they are on the list, when they arent on the dayz-community-banlist

Edited by Torndeco

edit:- I noticed some people are asking why they are on the list, when they arent on the dayz-community-banlist

You mean on a banlist of the server itself? but not community list?

well simply cause the admin added that ban manualy, to his own banlist. <--will have no effect on any other server that uses the community list. only that specific server.

Edited by Wo3dy
  • Like 1

Yep i know, i was throwing down a quick suggestion for people to see if they are on the banlist.

Since people seem to be getting confused over local server bans & the dayz-community-banlist

i.e 4 people so far, that raised a issue @ http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/issues/list and they arent on the list.

Plus the internal code for the ban reason is a nice way to know ban came from dayz-community-banlist.

Might be worth pointing that out abit more in first post

Either way love the concept & already using the list on my servers B)

Edited by Torndeco

Yep i know, i was throwing down a quick suggestion for people to see if they are on the banlist.

Since people seem to be getting confused over local server bans & the dayz-community-banlist

i.e 4 people so far, that raised a issue @ http://code.google.c...st/issues/list and they arent on the list.

Plus the internal code for the ban reason is a nice way to know ban came from dayz-community-banlist.

Might be worth pointing that out abit more in first post

Either way love the concept & already using the list on my servers B)

the only thing i know is the first part is the commiter (the person that added it to the list) and the last is the reason

Jens, etc. are not making the unscribted version public

Edited by Wo3dy

Player logs onto server.

Player is banned reason is Hacking/Cheating

i.e more than likely a local ban

Player logs into server

Player is banned reason is W 4d9b2182 0x0f44d938

i.e dayz-community-banlist

Was just tryin to point out to people how to know & check if they are on banlist.

And to help avoid more tickets of people asking why they were banned & reduce the workload for the people that maintain the list.

Think we both got onto 2 different wavelengths there. Anyway i stop now & nice work with the list.

No offence, but how do you check if the logs provided by an admin are legit? Afaik anyone can edit a .txt file to their liking, so if some admin finds someone destroying their camp and gets angry he can submit his GUID with faked logs to your community-banlist and get this guy banned on a ton of servers for no reason? Doesn't really seem fair to me.

I like that you're trying to do something about the cheating problem, but it shouldn't be possible to ban individuals based on "proof" that can be easily faked.

No offence, but how do you check if the logs provided by an admin are legit? Afaik anyone can edit a .txt file to their liking, so if some admin finds someone destroying their camp and gets angry he can submit his GUID with faked logs to your community-banlist and get this guy banned on a ton of servers for no reason? Doesn't really seem fair to me.

I like that you're trying to do something about the cheating problem, but it shouldn't be possible to ban individuals based on "proof" that can be easily faked.

We took a lot of legacy bans from the ~ 20 servers we have control over, Dwarden from BIS contributed further bans and we took a few bans from people we trust -- and while there is some risk, the point of also storing the log information that led to the bans is essentially making sure that if someone complains, we can have a look at why and give them the benefit of the doubt if it isn't clear that they must have been cheating. In many cases, GUIDs on this list have been reported four or five times over multiple days on multiple servers and while I've manually pruned a couple of duplicates, there are still quite a number of them because I haven't systematically pruned them out.

Edited by Wo3dy

thx for the list (except for the double to tribble and more guid posts :P), cost me round an hour to delete!

i just put it into my bans.txt

:beans: for you

thx for the list (except for the double to tribble and more guid posts :P), cost me round an hour to delete!

i just put it into my bans.txt

:beans: for you

and while I've manually pruned a couple of duplicates, there are still quite a number of them because I haven't systematically pruned them out.