Zing Freelancer

No wonder I ca NEVER find a vehicle :-/

I joined a UK201 server and thanks to a bug or something, got plenty of map markers. One of them was called "cars". To my surprise said cars was parked far in the "no mans land" in Chernorus... This whole charade stinks and feels really unfair when people hog all the vehicles and hide them off map for eternity, without ever using them.

Edited by Zing Freelancer

It's pretty hard to hide a whole bunch of vehciles, if you are too lazy to find them you don't deserve them, doesn't sound like a bug either, anyone can put map markers on the map for everyone to see, obviously someone found the stash and decided to let everyone in the server know.

Edited by smasht_AU

yeah get some friends and scan the map, it isn't hard to come across camps and vehicles.

not so sure i like the responses you 2 just gave ......

you should be restricted to the map. it shouldnt let you walk into no mans land,

but for the cars themselves... people hog. cant change that and shouldnt

but, if people are stuck to the bounds of a map, having so many cars will eventually get them found out and raided.

i know this, cus its happened to my squad XD

It's pretty hard to hide a whole bunch of vehciles, if you are too lazy to find them you don't deserve them, doesn't sound like a bug either, anyone can put map markers on the map for everyone to see, obviously someone found the stash and decided to let everyone in the server know.

yeah get some friends and scan the map, it isn't hard to come across camps and vehicles.

You two are so smart! Go and scan for vehicles you say, it isn't hard to find you say! I dont have a problem spending a whole day running in cherno looking for a car, what I have a problem is the obscure location people park them at

post-85581-0-83126800-1345027454_thumb.j

So, you actually saw the cars?

I believe that vehicles are set up to despawn if they aren't saved at some interval that is supposed to be under 24 hours...

But I know that many of us have been suspicious about this current system for this exact reason.

This appears to be evidence that off map hoarding is still going on. Most people doing it are smart enough not to use map markers that can be seen by the whole server.

I'd like to know what Vipeax and Ander have to say on this.

It has been proposed that vehicles be unsaveable off map. I don't think the current rule set is keeping vehicles in the play area.

I call BS. I got fe up walking at all times and decided to go look for in the ''no man's lamd'' and guess what? I was wandering for 3hrs (three hours) and did not find damn thing. Have I been everywhere? Hardly since no mans land is pretty damn huge area to check vehicles for, that simply should be available to fookin everyone.

Just because you two were lucky to come across some doesn't mean it's like that on every server ffs

no mans land despawns vehicles and tents

No it does not. I have testing this on my server and it does not work. The reason I tested it was becasue we have been scanning the server for vechicals for weeks now and either most of them are not respawning or they are parked and saved off map.

Just another reason for a mass reset of the maps.

Can't say how long it takes for tents/vehicles to despawn if they are placed out of bounds but i have seen vehicles AND tents outside the border. Guess we have to put up with things like that until stand-alone hits.

(Not that vehicles and tents are broken and not working now anyway)

you should search in the north or west, near the debug line for the camps and vehicles farmed by the admins. 99% of servers have those places where you can gear up like a bitch..watch out for the restarts! some of them do that too

If they could make Chernarus an island then you would not be able to take vehicles off map. This would stop not being able to find them. They would be able to hoard them but you would have better chance of finding them.

• Like 3

Been playing since May & ive seen 2 vehicles...1 that worked. The one that worked appeared at a spawn point near the coast. Lucky for me until i crashed it.

Spent last night running from Cherno to the NE air field on a fairly low populated server. Checking vehicle spawns all the way there. Guess how many i found?...None unsurprisingly. Its not the 1st time that ive specifically hit the vehicle spawns either on multiple servers as well.

I think a good fix would be for each player to only have the ability to save one vehicle (probably the last one they enter). Any others they leave should get reset.

In the last two days I found 2 tractors, an atv, and a bus (out of gas). All repaired, all mid/central map. Sometimes you just get lucky.

You think thats bad? Found a bus in a Vet server hidden deep in the trees at top right airfield. We (myself and the clan) take the bus and hide it far North. (but still within the map) Save the bus each day we use it and hide it in the same spot. - it never despawned. Cant remember the name of the server but It was a clan one and had VET in the server name.

The admin / clan who owned the server must have got tired of looking for it as they changed the server to recruit difficulty (which put white dots of objects all over the map, e.g., if a tent was in the trees, you could see a white dot of its location even if you did not have direct line of sight. I think the white dots showed at a range of 900ish Meters from memory and you could see player names ect. Of course.... they (or someone else) finds the bus and surprise surprise... Server is changed back to Vet.

Technically not cheating as well as admins can change the difficulty of the server at will I believe? They prob have all the cars hoarded and just change the server difficulty to find them whenever they go missing.

Blah

Edited by NZStalker

I never found any then found alot, change servers.

I agree that hoarding off map, but if you found one, wouldnt you want to hang on to it as long as possible!

Edited by MitchRan91

Why not have vehicles continue to spawn in their location every 24h or something (except the Huey).

I seriously can't see any problem in vehicles being more common.

Most will just get crashed or destroyed by other players anyway.

Playing since may and cant find vehicles?? lol then sorry but you SUCK at this game (mod).

I have now had 7 hueys. 4 I fixed completely solo, 1 with 2 friends, and 1 I found today fully fixed at a camp.

I haven't had a "home" server for over 10 days. Every server I set up a camp on either gets repeatedly hacked or doesn't save tents / vehicles. I finally found an admin who has a decent server that saves things (thank god); and Im now setting up camp there. Over the past 10 days however I have gotten camps set up within 24-48 hours on one server after another. All with high end gear, a heli, and at least 1 other vehicle; and all from the server that Im setting up on.

If you cant find things, you're looking in the wrong place or on the wrong server. Dont look at spawn points, thats ridiculous. How long has the server been up for? You dont think 1000 other people have gone to look at that spawn? Get away from the coast and look for camps. Maybe think a bit... Go where you would put a camp thats hard to find. Run around with your head on a swivel not just auto running not paying any attention.

tl:dr Stop running around cherno looking for cars. Leave the coast and dont waste time on spawn points.

And yes, PLEASE stop vehicles from being savable off the map. <_<

Sometimes I place map markers that say 'cars' or 'tents' where there are no cars or tents, just to keep people on their toes.

For example, if I'm entering stary sobor from the south, I might put a marker on the map that says '3 tents' in the woods south west of my position. Anyone in the area that sees the marker on the map that is in my area may be inclined to check it out, keeping them off my back. I suppose you could put those markers off map just to dick with people - have them run 8k off the map and find no cars. Mildly hilarious, sure, but probably not something I'd do.

I also do something similar with flares. If I'm leaving a city to the north, I will chuck two flares as hard as I can south, preferably onto the roof of a sniper position if possible. Anyone in the hills will be looking far away from where I am by the time that flare goes out, unless, of course, they saw me throw it.

What I do is if I happen to find heli crash first in some ''remote'' area and loot it first, than I just mark it when I'm done looting...(NV, Fn-Fal, medicals, CCO SD) is all I care about really. If new-ish players are close he may be able to gear up and if not, well I suppose those who bother to check the mark will likely encounter another players and most of em shoot each other, giving me some spare room temorarily, or so I like to imagine.