Sign in to follow this  
Buro (DayZ)

Hero Skin vs Crap Bandit Skin

This.

Your not meant to look badass, its not meant to be a wanted thing.

Seriously?

Its the end of Days. Even I will tell you I wouldnt wrap a towel around my head.

If this was the Desert and we had the appropriate desert camouflage. Then it would be fine!

But why oh why would I wear a khaki coloured scarf?

I will admit the Hero skin looks awesome and rightfully so.

I just fail to see how becoming a bandit means I skip the "Balaclava" or "retardedly stupid colored skimask" phase and go straight to wrapping my head in a khaki coloured towel.

I can even skillfully wrap a shirt around my head to look like a ninja.

Unless of course I had sustained some sort of head injury and lacked bandages. Thus requiring me to wrap a towel around my head to stop the bleeding.

Nope. No. Not a chance. Never.

Despite the fact that I support Rocket on most of his decisions.. and I know this is just for aesthetics to test the mechanics and something better will probably come along I would like to express my desire to think of a more logical "bandit mask" rather than the current "Bandit Headdress".

I would love to wear a native american Headdress in Chernarus! With the feathers and stuff I gathered from all the birds that cant be killed... Nope... Cant do that either. Just give me a halloween witch hat! That would look so.. Never.

Entirely possible that it isn't, but the way people bitch sometimes, it makes me wonder if rocket is just tossing them a skin to make them shut up. I mean, despite the skins not really having done much, you don't get threads demanding their return every few hours.

they're obviously place-holders.

Why waste a whole day creating kick-arse skins if you don't even know if you will keep the bandit/hero morphing in the game at all anyway?

Try to look past the aesthetics and at the actual idea itself, that's what is being trialled, it's not a fashion show!

:P

• Like 2

Well, it's a sandbox isn't it? I don't see why the bandits are supposed to be punished for their particular playstyle by anything other than other players. Personally, I use ghillie suits because they're better for where I operate, but it does seem like the bandits are getting the raw deal here.

Bandits practically prevent others from playing anything but KOS or PvP. Personally I think it needs be addressed somehow. Don't know if skins are the solution, but it's worth the experiment. You still can go around killing other players, it just makes them less likely to trust you. So what, some players like to make friends and are likely to get a bullet in the face. You make your choices and live die with it.

But here's the thing, the skins the way they are now are laughably exploitable. Hell, I'm a bandit, and I have a Hero skin since I'm the group lootwhore, and usually do the medical stuff.

You act like the bandit skin is final lol

You should probably learn to quote. No one has a clue who you are talking to :D

I see many Bandit skins.

I have yet to see a Hero skin.

I think it should be better looking because most people just shoot on sight anyways.

Seeing someone with a hero skin feels like a rare occurrence.

People seem to like demonizing bandits, but the truth is that when you find a survivor backed into a corner of a supermarket with a revolver, he's just as likely to shoot you out of fear as a bandit would be to shoot you out of malice.

• Like 1

People seem to like demonizing bandits, but the truth is that when you find a survivor backed into a corner of a supermarket with a revolver, he's just as likely to shoot you out of fear as a bandit would be to shoot you out of malice.

Only because the chances are you're going to shoot him because you're a bandit, or at the very least someone who has adopted the kill on sight mentality because of the bandits (imo, the weak further perpetuating banditry).

• Like 1

Well, I'm going to do some testing as soon as a buddy of mine gets on. Not sure what to think of heroes having an inherent advantage from minute one.

Man i was just trolling, the skin does nothing besides look nice. Although I have the hero skin, I am not much of a hero. I do rescue my r/l friends when they are pinned down, hurt, or just dumbfounded. I usually never shot first, unless you are "coming at me bro!" I really hope these are just place holders, or i find another ghillie/camo outfit soon. I do agree the towel is stupid looking, and the sleeves for the hero need to be neutral in color. Hopefully this is just the beginning on the whole humanity thing.

Happy Thoughts & Funny Shoes.

Pendragon

Bandits practically prevent others from playing anything but KOS or PvP.

Bullshit.Peoples reactions to the bandit skin make them KOS.

As a player that sometimes had to kill the twat that tried to shot me in the back i can tell you now when i rocked a bandit skin, it was ALWAYS the survivors opening fire on ME.

Thats their KOS attitude not mine as a 'bandit'.

This skins idea didn't work before, why the hell is Rocket trying it again?

Skins should be purely choice based on what you find. Fuck being forced to be represented one way due to a shit mechanic.

Edited by Never

@ Vlad I agree with you there. I think if survivors actually put up a fight, things might be a bit less KoS oriented.

Edited by 1nexx

All in all, if Rocket wants to break his mod, then now's the time to do it. If shit wasn't wrecked constantly, I'd be a bit worried.

All in all, if Rocket wants to break his mod, then now's the time to do it. If shit wasn't wrecked constantly, I'd be a bit worried.

But to break it twice in the same way when theres more pressing stuff to do?

Simply putting it. a 'humanity indicator' is a bit 'easy-mode-for-'tards'. People are basically asking for visual indicators to save them from making decisions, either because they are lazy, stupid, or both.

Edited by Never

Pretty much. I'd disagree with you for being so condescending to the people who frothed at the mouth for the feature, but I think that's who really clamored for this. The skins were implemented first back when I'd say that the majority of people hadn't played the mod, so most people didn't really know that it'd affect all of nothing. Besides, this was introduced in a hotfix. I imagine as he plays with it, it may become a semi-respectable system before standalone.

Pretty much. I'd disagree with you for being so condescending to the people who frothed at the mouth for the feature, but I think that's who really clamored for this. The skins were implemented first back when I'd say that the majority of people hadn't played the mod, so most people didn't really know that it'd affect all of nothing. Besides, this was introduced in a hotfix. I imagine as he plays with it, it may become a semi-respectable system before standalone.

My tone is such due to the fact that we did all of this before with the basic bandit skin. it was flawed then, and its still flawed now. Adding a 'goodie' skin doesn't balance a broken mechanic.

Just feels like a massive step backwards, re-hashing ground and wasting dev time. R

ocket wants DayZ standalone to be out by 2013. I'd hate to see that we end up with a half finished construction system in the standalone because so much time has been wasted on skins. (for example)

Edited by Never

I've got enough faith in Rocket to balance out my complete lack thereof in the majority of the community. I imagine at some point he'll get the mod to what can be called "Balanced", and then just use it as a testing ground for features in the standalone.

I'd say drop the current bandit skin for any of the following

iff_inf_napa.jpg

Suddenly, bandits that make sense. Preferred second from the left, Far right is too abusable for snipers but will get you spotted easily in cities, second/third from the right are also good picks. Third from left could be for those who kill everything, the shades man, the shades.

I'll still be a hero or wookie, but the current bandit skin is out of place.

Edited by FaustianQ
  • Like 3

I've got enough faith in Rocket to balance out my complete lack thereof in the majority of the community. I imagine at some point he'll get the mod to what can be called "Balanced", and then just use it as a testing ground for features in the standalone.

In before QQ'ers rage about 'DAYZ ISN'T ABOUT BALANCE!!11!'I agree, thats the best way for Rocket and team to run both projects in tandem, use the mod for trying ideas out. there are some worrying points about the standalone though.

@faustianq ALL THE BEANS. I wouldn't mind any of those, except for the far right. What I want is for skins to mean something. I don't know if the kevlar jacket on the heroes does anything or not, but I'd be fine with them getting some extra defense if bandits got some sort of buff as well. It'd make ghillies and camo sidegrades instead of the blatant upgrades that they currently are.

I'd say ditch the bandit skins altogether and make all the population is equally unidentifiable as untrustworthy. Instead, I like the idea of a Hero skin, something to reward "positive" play. Reward players that go to the trouble of doing good. The only problem is that accurately tracking humanity is an issue, and that killing in self-defence earns you a bandit rap while bandit medics come across as saints...

Finally, I just would have hoped that the skin be a little more camoflauged, more like the Warlord or one of the PMC contractors or a blck/red beret wearing soldier type. Noticable up close, but not from afar. Those sleeves will get you killed quick!!!

Edited by -Cdn-Chard

The turban just looks even more out of place than the entire god damn outfit, I mean, a balaclava? Sure, it actually fits the outfit, but a god damn turban? Come on.

Also, humanity is apparently heavily glitched for me, it was about -129k a few days ago, then I had a violent car crash into some invisible rubble and now it's just 0, and it stays that way no matter what I do.