Sign in to follow this  
Buro (DayZ)

Hero Skin vs Crap Bandit Skin

Does anyone else feel like the bandit skin is a POS compared to the hero? I mean for christ sake the bandit is just the normal survivor skin with an ugly ass towel wrapped around its head. Not even a balaclava, ski mask, or anything "badass" or "badboy." about it whatsoever. While the hero gets a custom shirt with rolled sleeves, custom gloves, brand new vest, new scarf, hat, jeans, and more. I mean hell even the bandit shirts and pants change just like a normal survivor after every log in. I wish I could change back to regular survivor skin, so I wouldn't look like a dumbass taliban. Whenever I fire on someone I feel like i should be yelling " ALLAH ACHBARRRRR"

• Like 5

Oh god, please don't yell that like a pubbie ;-)

I haven't seen a bandit skin in game yet, I thought they removed that but I guess I was wrong.

I have a feeling they will do a complete rethink on skins. I wouldn't be surprised if they were customizable or possible DLC. The current system doesn't work.

Anyone have screens of the hero skin?

Get yourself some camo or a Ghillie. I've got the hero skin, it's a nice change and looks ok but it's not going to stop me getting shot.

• Like 1

please. don't. QQ. because. of. that. shit.

gosh, are people always and everywhere crying nowadays? where have all the cool players gone to?

• Like 3

Why should the bandit skin look good? It encourages people to become less hostile, imo.

Whatever suits you though

• Like 1

i have the bandit skin and ima bandit so its fine but i want to look more badass like the bandit skin before 1.7 where it looked cooler and had some camoflague to help me sneak up on unsuspecting players but in retrospect i think rocket knows what hes doing and wont dissapoint.

Don't envy being a carebare, just wish it was even

You're a Carebear!? Which one can I have your autograph? I mean I'm more of a My lil Pony fan, but what ever Envybear you'll do.

• Like 1

You just single-handedly insulted dozens of closely related cultures.

I hope you are happy.

I can sleep at night. Most of them don't have computer, to the rest who do, please don't sue.

Dont be a bandit then

This.

Your not meant to look badass, its not meant to be a wanted thing.

Well, it's a sandbox isn't it? I don't see why the bandits are supposed to be punished for their particular playstyle by anything other than other players. Personally, I use ghillie suits because they're better for where I operate, but it does seem like the bandits are getting the raw deal here.

Edited by 1nexx
  • Like 2

I have a feeling they will do a complete rethink on skins. I wouldn't be surprised if they were customizable or possible DLC.

i wouldnt be surpsrised either, if it were activision or ea games, but the chances of DLC skins under BIS and rocket is low to nil. thank god! forget your experiences of paying developers "incentive" money to support their product. the initial payments more than enough. used to be like that, that used to be normal. DLC is not normal, its a shitty shit shit shit piece of shit

• Like 3

Come to think of it, Heroes get a kevlar vest with their skin, don't they? Does anybody know if it actually mitigates damage from small arms?

If you don't want to look like a fucktard, don't be one.

:D

I think it's hilarious players equate evil acts with cool mofo and so must look the part.

OH there we go. Samuel L Jackson ala Pulp Fiction = bandit skin.

...you wish ;)

• Like 1

maybe the outfit should be changed.

HOWEVER! it should still be less impressive than the hero skin to

assure people prefere being hero, but that people who enjoy being a bandit

dont hate there own appearance

Come to think of it, Heroes get a kevlar vest with their skin, don't they? Does anybody know if it actually mitigates damage from small arms?

Yup takes 2 .50 Cal rounds to kill them. ;)

Edited by Pendragon

You just single-handedly insulted dozens of closely related cultures.

I hope you are happy.

It's not like he was lying.

Yup takes 2 .50 Cal rounds to kill them. ;)

Well shit, if they get a bonus with their skins, where's the bandit's reason to keep the bandit skin? Does the face towel magically make them do more damage or what?

Edited by 1nexx

Well shit, if they get a bonus with their skins, where's the bandit's reason to keep the bandit skin? Does the face towel magically make them do more damage or what?

Nope just hides the ugly, so the zombies don't get confused and think you're one of them.

Well, I'm going to do some testing as soon as a buddy of mine gets on. Not sure what to think of heroes having an inherent advantage from minute one.