Sign in to follow this  
HighPiez

ATV vs tractor

For a solo player which has his own small camp, which would you choose? Shot a guy off his ATV at NW airfield and need to pick between it and my tractor.

Didn't know which section of forum to ask lol.

Honestly if you can handle the ATV keep the ATV.

Its faster then the tractor espeically off road but it flips VERY easily.

Like I said if you can manage driving the atv without flipping it, go with the ATV

The atv is the most fun vehicle to drive but you are guaranteed to flip it at some point and you will need to wait for a server restart for it to unflip.

The tractor is a death trap. /thread

If you drive the ATV correctly and don't speed all over the place you won't flip it. Don't hit obstacles and go slow on the edges of hills and peaks of hills. Stay away from train tracks that aren't at road crossings. Don't drive on any pavement that isn't a road. No dams, bridges, sidewalks, docks.

Don't go full speed on non flat land offroad. You can still drive faster than other vehicles offroad without going full speed and still be at a safe speed. You'll get anywhere quicker on an ATV vs other vehicles driving smart not top speed all the time.

Edited by LunaTiK

The atv is the most fun vehicle to drive but you are guaranteed to flip it at some point and you will need to wait for a server restart for it to unflip.

Will it "unflip" at the last point i saved it? or if i save it while flipped would it be there unflipped?

Bicycle is superior to all vehicles if you are solo... You can really find them all over Elek.. Must have found 15+ the past couple days, even gave one to a random guy today but he only went about 50m then left the server. :S

Will it "unflip" at the last point i saved it? or if i save it while flipped would it be there unflipped?

As long as you don't get off the ATV you can flip it back up. I have spent 5-20 minutes unflipping an ATV while riding it. Just don't get off and keep changing it up what keys you hold to barely move it til it flips up, takes a bit to get the feel down for it but you can flip it up always.

Edited by terrex

I honestly prefer the tractor... despite it displaying your entire body to be shot at...

You can flip it yourself instead of waiting for the server to restart. PSISyndicate proved this in episode 6 of his DayZ Mythbusters.

I spent 10 minutes once before giving up, probably should have persisted, I have seen the video but thought it might be dependent on what the terrain was like around it.

Edited by smasht_AU

I honestly prefer the tractor... despite it displaying your entire body to be shot at...

There is no reason to shoot someone in a tractor. The thing is so easy to blow up. One shotgun blast and BOOM. You barely hit a tree and BOOM. It's got an extremely weak engine and when an engine goes it goes BOOM!

It's also hard to hide a tractor and pretty easy to hide an ATV.

The bicycle is also my favorite vehicle but it doesn't have storage while an ATV has tons of storage.

You can flip it yourself instead of waiting for the server to restart. PSISyndicate proved this in episode 6 of his DayZ Mythbusters.

It doesn't always work and usually takes a lot of gas.

It will flip itself over after a restart in the same place it was flipped and full health.

Edited by LunaTiK

Ok so i took the ATV, flipped as i left (a rock?) and managed to flip it back up using ASD constantly. So i'll keep the ATV :D

If you ride an ATV enough and know the basics of how to unflip it... you will learn to do it in a matter of seconds.

It is just very important to go into your controls and look under vehicle controls. There will be a steer left and steer right. These will be bound to A and D. Then theres Steer fast left and Steer fast right. Bind those to your arrow keys left and right.

When flipped and not dead(theres like a 10-15% change of sustaining damage or even death when flipping). Simply move backwards using S and then press A and <- at the same time till they steer all the way and then simply hold D and -> till it hits its max. You will notice you can steer really quickly this way.

The trick to this is simply. Whilst steering from left to right and moving backwards wait for the atv to lift a little. Note the way that lifts. If the vehicle is on its side to the left then you will need to steer right to unflip it. Keep steering left and right till the vehicle lifts whilst steering left. Now quickly steer right and keep moving backwards. This time dont stop steering right and you will slowly see your atv lift more and more and eventually unflip it.

Thats the basics.

The people that use other vehicles to unflip it or use other tricks have nothing on this one. It can be done in 10 seconds flat once you get decent at it. The most important thing is... dont get off and always make sure you have 1 third fuel. Cant use this trick if you run out of fuel... a mate can prolly refuel you though if you do run out. The only time you can get off and back on is if your buddy tells you he can enter the back seat. Usually you can do this on a slope and not on a flat bit of land. My advice is to just get awesome at unflipping it so you dont have to get off. Never ride for prolonged periods of time without 12k blood. Flipping is inevitable. Explosions are inevitable. Death will find you.

• Like 1