Sign in to follow this  
Edwards4ID

Possible hacked weapons?

So far, I've run into:

M4A3 ACOG M203 - Standard M4A3 (with camo paint), an ACOG optic, and an M203 grenade launcher.

M4A1 Holo M203 SD - M4A1 with an EOTech holographic, the 203, and suppressed.

I've checked on the different websites, yet have not found mention of them. I'm making the assumption they are 'hacked' weapons, and therefore am not using them. But damn, I'd like to...

Thoughts?

You can use hacked weapons if you aren't the hacker yourself you know. Those are peculiar weapon choices though. An Acog on an M4? That's almost wasteful.

First one is hacked.

Second one may be legit.

http://www.dayzwiki....i/M4A1_HWS_M203

He wrote ...holo ...suppressed..not legit. The only SD rifle in game is the M4A1 CCO SD camo.

Use at your own risk, don't come complaining afterwards. Some or maybe most admins don't seem to agree with Rockets no rule policy anymore and react allergic to hacked weapons wether or not you placed them in the game.

Hence why I wrote "may" incase he was referring to SD mags being used in it at the time.

The only tent I ever griefed was full of hacked items.

And I would say, with all the battleeye shenanigans lately, better off getting rid of them somehow.

He wrote ...holo ...suppressed..not legit. The only SD rifle in game is the M4A1 CCO SD camo.

there is also

M9SD

MP5SD

Bizon PP-19 SD

Hatchet

Crossbow

there is also

M9SD

MP5SD

Bizon PP-19 SD

Hatchet

Crossbow

He said rifle. You listed a Crossbow, a Hatchet, 2 sub-machineguns, and a pistol. None of them are rifles. :P

They do seem quite shady, indeed.

I'm pondering if there's some kind of percentage-based loot chance per weapon. Variations on what can be seen on some of the rifles and other firearms.

Example: The M4A1 CCO SD can spawn, but would have a 1% or so chance to spawn a variation of the same weapon, such as the Holo listed.

Possible, maybe. But I wouldn't think the guys at the DayZ developing place would have time on their hands to do something such as this.

You can use hacked weapons if you aren't the hacker yourself you know. Those are peculiar weapon choices though. An Acog on an M4? That's almost wasteful.

Honestly, the ACOG on an M4 would reveal little to no real issue with ballistic. The M4/M16 is not a sniper rifle. Both are accurate (real life) to ranges the ACOG is primarily used at (300-600m).

Addition to the 'list':

M16A4 ACOG M203 - Just like the M16A4/ACOG combo seen legitimately, but with the 203 attachment. Killed some fool in Cherno who was using this, was taking potshots at my sniper buddy from the firestation windows with it. Zombies omnomnomed on him a bit, I caught him during his bandaging.

Found hackers with the g3 holo sd and as50 infared.

Chose not to use them, sounds odd but, I only use legit hacked weapons.

SO if it's in the game, but hacked... I will use it.

Also I killed a hacker once, he teleported me into the ocean. was lolzy

Looked like a hacker war went on, dead hackers everywhere and lots of cows...