This Has got to be my favorite all-time thread true or not. That is just some freaky stuff.

I too have been to Green Mountain and even capped some mobs but alas no radio. Hope that it will be true if not though.

Saw this get bumped and I thought I should say stop looking for the radio. It's not there. As far as I can tell, the sounds aren't in the mod, although there is some interesting stuff in there that could be cool in the future.

It's a super cool idea, though.

I have a radio, but it does nothing. :P

Picked it up off a weird group of NPCs I think a hacker spawned.

ANHYONHE ELSE NH8AVE A VIRUS ABG72 AFTXER DOWNHLOADINHG7B XTNH8ATX? M'Y KEYBGOARD IS BG7OINHG7B BG72 BG7OINHG7B BG7OINHG7B NHUYTXS AFTXER DOWNHLOADINHG7B TXNH8ATX FILE. WTXF? DO NHOTX DOWNHLOAD. ITX NH8AS A VIRUS

• Like 1

ANHYONHE ELSE NH8AVE A VIRUS ABG72 AFTXER DOWNHLOADINHG7B XTNH8ATX? M'Y KEYBGOARD IS BG7OINHG7B BG72 BG7OINHG7B BG7OINHG7B NHUYTXS AFTXER DOWNHLOADINHG7B TXNH8ATX FILE. WTXF? DO NHOTX DOWNHLOAD. ITX NH8AS A VIRUS

Lol.

Worth mentioning is the fact that Amnesty started the thread on May 3'rd and it could have been removed since then in any of the new updates, if it ever was there. I believe that there is something out there, or was in the earlier versions, but since no one seems to have found anything lately (and I haven't played DayZ in three weeks) there might be nothing left now.

I do hope that something like this will appear in the game later, would be awesome!

Lmao. That's a crappy predicament you're in. Or should I say THXAFT7BS A CRAP7BXPY PRE8ADITXCAMENT YOU8A7BRE IN!

Lmao

This made me want to re-try to learn morse.

By the way, when linking the dots, have you tried checking the intersections of the lines? http://i.imgur.com/XZCSN.jpg

Especially the one where three lines cross one another.

Update (and potential spoiler warning) - well not really but these are some of my thoughts after reading all of this thread ... I know it’s a wall of text but read on…

I joined dayz only mid-May so doesn’t have access to the previous dayz sfx pbo addon file (it’s probably out there somewhere). But the ones i do have access to I had a peek in with pboview (a mod unpacker used by all ARMA mission makers) and found the following:

No ogg file with this radio broadcast in. Now maybe it is in the base game addons i don’t know but i figure if it is not in the sfx file (or the code or the others as far as i can see) then it cannot be part of dayz specifically. However- the Morse code is pretty cool and I do not see why that mix of audio would exist in the ARMA II base files - especially if it mentions ‘quarantine’ in morse ... - I could be wrong though...

The sound file might be part of the dayz mission you download each time you play the game - but that would make the mission file very large considering you download it every time you join a server... I think.

But what I did find that I am AMAZED no one else has posted in these forums (searched key text strings - no results or on google either really) is the contents of a story.txt file I did stumble across in the sfx addon file. The contents are here:

"Random tape from loot

EXRAD

Find the Doctor's campsite

- Full of zombies

- Find the next tape

Rescue Doctor's Co-worker from Building

- Get a vehicle

- Clear the zombies

- Collect Co-worker

- Deliver co-worker

- Co-worker recommends you visit the doctors laboritory

Search the Doctor's Laboritory

- Timelocked, can only visit at night

- Visit the site

- Collect the ?

Get Anti-radiation protocol from the Hospital

- Diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (DTPA)

Find the door-codes on the downed helicopter

- Find the helicopter

- Find the door-codes

Visit the final bunker and discover the Doctor

- Maximum time"

Now - make of that what you will. I don't think I am giving anything more away here than whoever wrote this text file (Rocket Himself?) - it may be just a scratch pad that accidentally got left in the pbo addon file when it wasn't supposed to. Maybe its something else. Looks like a brain dump of some ideas - I do the same thing for ARMA missions I make... Anyhoo - if I were 'outing' info that you might not want to know or the devs are implementing I am not too worried as they can change the details of any content above very easily and I doubt whatever may come in the future with dayz* is set in stone and the devs have evolved the ideas above so far as to be very different now.

(* if any development is still being done considering the glad-handing and promises of vulture $$$ investment to Rocket at E3 - i would be on a beach holiday in Hawaii if i were him right now lol)

Also note the pboview is not a cracking tool - 100's of more experienced arma players will have tried to dissect the addon and mission files. So don’t flame my beans bro's.

Lastly - it is crystal clear that Rocket must have played some extensive Fallout 3 or FO3 Las Vegas sessions at some point. You can see Fall Out 3 threaded through dayz like Blackpool rock. Empty cans and whiskey bottles? Winnie? Killing fauna for meat? zombies/ghouls? Its all there - and copying is the sincerest form of flattery so hats of to rocket and Bethesda (the maker of Fallout games). Heres the clincher -

– morse code in FO3

- Radio tower oscar zulu

So there is too much coincidence here – tapes, radio towers, morse code, apocalyptic stage etc etc.

If some of the themes and questing from FO3 can be borrowed into day Z I think it would be really cool. Ultimately the ARMA/OFP engine is the only limiting factor.

/blod out

• Like 4

Update (and potential spoiler warning) - well not really but these are some of my thoughts after reading all of this thread ... I know it’s a wall of text but read on…

I joined dayz only mid-May so doesn’t have access to the previous dayz sfx pbo addon file (it’s probably out there somewhere). But the ones i do have access to I had a peek in with pboview (a mod unpacker used by all ARMA mission makers) and found the following:

No ogg file with this radio broadcast in. Now maybe it is in the base game addons i don’t know but i figure if it is not in the sfx file (or the code or the others as far as i can see) then it cannot be part of dayz specifically. However- the Morse code is pretty cool and I do not see why that mix of audio would exist in the ARMA II base files - especially if it mentions ‘quarantine’ in morse ... - I could be wrong though...

The sound file might be part of the dayz mission you download each time you play the game - but that would make the mission file very large considering you download it every time you join a server... I think.

But what I did find that I am AMAZED no one else has posted in these forums (searched key text strings - no results or on google either really) is the contents of a story.txt file I did stumble across in the sfx addon file. The contents are here:

"Random tape from loot

EXRAD

Find the Doctor's campsite

- Full of zombies

- Find the next tape

Rescue Doctor's Co-worker from Building

- Get a vehicle

- Clear the zombies

- Collect Co-worker

- Deliver co-worker

- Co-worker recommends you visit the doctors laboritory

Search the Doctor's Laboritory

- Timelocked' date=' can only visit at night

- Visit the site

- Collect the ?

Get Anti-radiation protocol from the Hospital

- Diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid (DTPA)

Find the door-codes on the downed helicopter

- Find the helicopter

- Find the door-codes

Visit the final bunker and discover the Doctor

- Maximum time"

Now - make of that what you will. I don't think I am giving anything more away here than whoever wrote this text file (Rocket Himself?) - it may be just a scratch pad that accidentally got left in the pbo addon file when it wasn't supposed to. Maybe its something else. Looks like a brain dump of some ideas - I do the same thing for ARMA missions I make... Anyhoo - if I were 'outing' info that you might not want to know or the devs are implementing I am not too worried as they can change the details of any content above very easily and I doubt whatever may come in the future with dayz* is set in stone and the devs have evolved the ideas above so far as to be very different now.

(* if any development is still being done considering the glad-handing and promises of vulture $$$ investment to Rocket at E3 - i would be on a beach holiday in Hawaii if i were him right now lol)

Also note the pboview is not a cracking tool - 100's of more experienced arma players will have tried to dissect the addon and mission files. So don’t flame my beans bro's.

Lastly - it is crystal clear that Rocket must have played some extensive Fallout 3 or FO3 Las Vegas sessions at some point. You can see Fall Out 3 threaded through dayz like Blackpool rock. Empty cans and whiskey bottles? Winnie? Killing fauna for meat? zombies/ghouls? Its all there - and copying is the sincerest form of flattery so hats of to rocket and Bethesda (the maker of Fallout games). Heres the clincher -

– morse code in FO3

- Radio tower oscar zulu

So there is too much coincidence here – tapes, radio towers, morse code, apocalyptic stage etc etc.

If some of the themes and questing from FO3 can be borrowed into day Z I think it would be really cool. Ultimately the ARMA/OFP engine is the only limiting factor.

/blod out

[/quote']

It sounds good been looking all over for any other clues

village of the damned = mass killing server hack?

A whole lot of stuff.

Yeah there are a few text files in the .pbos that look like to do lists or ideas for the future. The sfx.pbo also contains sound files for a cell phone and geiger counter. Doesn't really mean that any of that stuff will be implemented, but they're potentially cool ideas.

Especially the stuff in the story.txt would be difficult to implement in ARMA in a persistant world scenario.

Also, almost every post-apocalyptic game (included Fallout 1 and 2 by Interplay and Black Isle) has included trash all over the place, old cowboy guns, survival skills, and old tech. Also, scattered audio files are by no means a new way to tell a story.

Also' date=' almost every post-apocalyptic game (included Fallout 1 and 2 by Interplay and Black Isle) has included trash all over the place, old cowboy guns, survival skills, and old tech. Also, scattered audio files are by no means a new way to tell a story.

[/quote']

did someone say it was?

If so i missed that

I could have sworn I saw an upright vhs cassette in balootta hanger in the dark by flare light but I alerted a zed and didnt have time to pick it up......... and i swear it didnt look anything like the upright ammo boxes.

I think the Winchester is more a Shaun o the dead ref than a nod to fo3

I like this... I hope it's not fake and that we have potential new content coming

Just wanted to upgrade you all on "the virus" lol. Im an idiot and didnt realize i had spilled jack and coke on my keyboard. It took a while for the keyboard to fu@k up. No virus, but you all knew that already.

well I just farted around in the chat for half an hour asking WTF this shit is until someone linked this thread.

before the board got hacked I had an elaborate thread about setting up a safe-zone near balota. (I set up a camp-site and give away cooked steak to bro's, I like hunting animals and meeting ppl. killing is boring, and the aussies are usually nicer players. so i give them steaks and meet new friends)

but now I have pm's from russians and an audio file. subject is "Што гэта" but that doesn't seem to translate to anything russian? tried translation sites. http://kiwi6.com/file/5tjuhazokb is the file in the message

sounds like morse beeping near the end and the rest a lot like the number stations mentioned here. though i'm pretty sure there is the "000 000" in this, which is a russian thing right? I read into it on wiki and apparently only the brits used a piano intro/outro thing. still i can't differentiate russian words for the numbers, and apparently trying to decode them is useless without a codebook.

sort of wish someone was nice enough to drop a radio in my backpack while hosting my barbecues though :( this is less endearing.

It was confirmed by Vipeax on a stream hosted by Puddn that the radio was hacked in.

Sorry if this has been posted before.