RobertBob

Totally fed up with DayZ two days after buying

Hey.

So I bought ArmA two days ago, just to play DayZ. At the beginning, it was as cool as everyone said. I just wondered why sometimes the whole server population just died. I died a lot, then I learned how to surivethe bandits and zombies while mostly beeing in the woods and raiding a town now and then. I got geared up a bit, got a bicycle and all the tools.

Finally, I made my way to the international airfield and looted some really good military items. It felt really good to be alive for more than a day and being equipped. Then, suddenly, two players appeared right next to me. Both with ghillie suit and a hatchet. Ofc they killed me with some hack, but before that they had their fun, played me their music, told me to shoot some zombies for them etc.

This game is dead. Nobody likes to play a survival game when you can't survive all the hacks at all.

• Like 1

That's why it's going standalone in a couple of months so those issues can be fixed

• Like 2

You're right. But please, consider the fact, that it is a user made addon, not a game. Just some random guy from New Zealand made some nice addon\mod. DayZ is not dead, it haven't even actually born yet :) It is released only now, by the end of this year.

• Like 6

Dude, at the moment, it"s NOT A GAME, it"s an ALPHA, so there is a lot of glitches and h4cking is very easy.

Standalone game will be better, with very good things, no bugs:::

It"s NORMAL that there is a lot of hackers

Lol. Did they "hack" away at you with there hatchets?!!? Lawl! If they made you shoot Zombiws for them etc... Why didn't you leave? Seems like you had enough time beeing how they toyed with you at first.

This game isn't dead.

It recently reached 1,000,000 players and it's still counting.

If you're tired of cheaters (can't call them hackers due to copy+paste scripts), compose an email to support@battleye.com

They are the ones responsible for this, DayZ has just begun.

you have 2 options OP

Option 1) Stop playing the game until full release stand alone version

Option 2) Put up with the negatives of this unfinished game that is still in development, reporting any bugs/issues withing this forum to help the development of the game

NOTE: Neither option requires the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance

Edited by Box

you bought a game to play a free alpha mod... youre dumb and no one cares that you are QQing

Thers always a way!

Im at Day 33 now i think (since i lost my Arma X Char) could be +12 more Days B)

Stay away from Regular high Populatet Noobservers!

• Like 1

Hey.

So I bought ArmA two days ago, just to play DayZ. At the beginning, it was as cool as everyone said. I just wondered why sometimes the whole server population just died. I died a lot, then I learned how to surivethe bandits and zombies while mostly beeing in the woods and raiding a town now and then. I got geared up a bit, got a bicycle and all the tools.

Finally, I made my way to the international airfield and looted some really good military items. It felt really good to be alive for more than a day and being equipped. Then, suddenly, two players appeared right next to me. Both with ghillie suit and a hatchet. Ofc they killed me with some hack, but before that they had their fun, played me their music, told me to shoot some zombies for them etc.

This game is dead. Nobody likes to play a survival game when you can't survive all the hacks at all.

29lzt4m.jpg

• Like 2

Will this make you stay?

Zn3TN.gif

Haha, if only she was the prize at the end of the DayZ tunnel.

Edited by nano27

You bought Arma just because of DayZ? Go away...

• Like 1

I did....and way not?

It's a great games if u have the brains to play it.

Hackers ain't that bad if u play on lower population.

FFS noregrets....

I admire the attempt, but some of us look at this forum during work hours.

And, OP - You bought nothing except Arma II - this is an Alpha version of a mod which will one day spawn a standalone game. Comprende?

Aye.

So I just started cheating myself. Maybe it helps with developement. On the other hand, it got boring after 30 minutes already but not as boring as gearing up in supermarkets and deer stands just to lose everything randomly :D

Oh, I will chase anyone who's playing on low-populated servers. Guys, this is a multiplayer game, please L2P.

Will this make you stay?

Zn3TN.gif

Just Dip, Cotton Candy sweet and low

let me see that tootsie roll

Edited by NightRipper

I hate Arma and this mod was/is/will the only reason to get it and worth every fucking penny.

This mod is awesome i will buy it again without hesitation.

More you play, more you take precautions to avoid bugs.

And now, RobertBob, judging from most of the replies you have received, you can see the huge immaturity factor that the mod's success has dragged in. CoD kiddies and keyboard warriors mainly.

To answer you, yes, it sucks. The maturity level of the people posting negative comments is the same as the maturity level of the cheaters who are ruining your experience.

My advice to a new player. You bought Arma 2 (A good game in it's own right), not DayZ. There are problems, and there are bugs, and there are cheaters, so many cheaters. There are glitchers, and item dupers, and players who will try anything underhanded to try and kill you. They will claim to be friendly, they will log off if you shoot back, they will switch servers to move behind you and then log back on.

Don't take it personally. Don't get attached to your gear. Don't get upset at the time you have "wasted." Live the experiences that can happen, enjoy the potential of the alpha, and look forward to the stand-alone version that will be out later this year.

Edit.

Aye.

So I just started cheating myself. Maybe it helps with developement. On the other hand, it got boring after 30 minutes already but not as boring as gearing up in supermarkets and deer stands just to lose everything randomly :D

Oh, I will chase anyone who's playing on low-populated servers. Guys, this is a multiplayer game, please L2P.

Ah, just spotted your new post. I apologise for not recognising another little script kiddie. Not get enough attention at home, or do you just cheat in video games because your life sucks that much?

Edited by osirish
  • Like 2

I was waiting for a Steam sale to get ARMA II, but DayZ forced my hand. So, technically I also just bought the game for DayZ.

The way I see it, the difficulty level setting is temporarily broken, and set to "Bang Head Here."

My strategy is much like Nicebasi's. I don't need anything from the big towns, so I don't go there unless server population is very low. So long as BattleEye doesn't do an IW, I expect things to (very slowly) improve.

That can't be said of the forums. There are brain-dead things here too.

Nah, I was just trying to be cynical. I admit I can understand anyone who pays some bucks for a cheat, because you can't play seriously anyway.

Yeah, I bought ArmA 2 for DayZ only. It got my attention from a report in a newspaper. I don't care about bugs and not about bandits or unfair behaviour. I just hate the fact that you can actually not play DayZ at all.