jgdj19

Kill Camera

Suggestion: Kill Camera. A view of the player's perspective who killed you for 5 seconds prior to your death.

I normally hate Kill Camera's in games because they show people your position and give an unrealsitic and unfair advantage to the player who has just respawned.

However, because in dayz deaths are less frequent (when looked at as a deaths per minute type statistic), you lose everything and respawn somewhere usually far away from your place of death, I do not think a Kill Camera would actually be a negative to the game.

Dayz is a game where you can die from many things easily, such as a sniper's bullet from across a valley, and I often do not even know what killed me! A Kill Camera would give me an explanation of how I died and who killed me without allowing me to easily run back to the place of death and take advantage of this information.

I note however that this is probably not an urgent matter, but perhaps it could be considered (or something similar) as a future feature. Perhaps just lots of post death information about how you died in text would be more appropriate?

Discuss.

• Like 2

Meh It's a CoD thing the killcam, I would like to know how I died, just like something that tells you. "You died from a AS50 shot to the head" or something.

• Like 1

LMAO no, one of the worst ideas ever. leave the kill cams in games where it doesnt matter if your location is known.

I don't really see the point in adding it.. Not only is it unfeasible that you would see your killer's position after your death, but it doesn't really add anything to the game either, apart from the ability to tell your friends, posthumously, where they should hunt your killer. Which shouldn't be allowed. You allowed yourself to be out-maneuvered.

You would spoil much of the tactical element of the game.

• Like 1

I normally hate Kill Camera's in games because they show people your position and give an unrealsitic and unfair advantage to the player who has just respawned.

This.....

• Like 1

Jesus Christ no.

I hope it is never considered and never implemented.

Edited by Womb Raider

Ok, imagine yourself getting shot in reallife and dieing. Would you care how you died when you're dead already?

Suggestion: Kill Camera. A view of the player's perspective who killed you for 5 seconds prior to your death.

However, because in dayz deaths are less frequent (when looked at as a deaths per minute type statistic), you lose everything and respawn somewhere usually far away from your place of death, I do not think a Kill Camera would actually be a negative to the game.

Dayz is a game where you can die from many things easily, such as a sniper's bullet from across a valley, and I often do not even know what killed me! A Kill Camera would give me an explanation of how I died and who killed me without allowing me to easily run back to the place of death and take advantage of this information.

I note however that this is probably not an urgent matter, but perhaps it could be considered (or something similar) as a future feature. Perhaps just lots of post death information about how you died in text would be more appropriate?

Discuss.

This will just be used by clans / groups so that when one dies he can tell everyone where they are.

You get shot and you don't know from where, your fault for not looking around and playing with your balls the entire time. I hope the fact that this game is hard will scare 1 mio. of the registered players away sooner than later.

or:

[insert player name] got killed by a [insert weapons name or reason of death] shot from [insert killers name] at [insert a distance] meters

Ok, imagine yourself getting shot in reallife and dieing. Would you care how you died when you're dead already?

Well, I'd certainly rise up, look around a bit, and then walk into the light.

Edit: Provided I didn't do any banditry... :ph34r:

Edited by kebman

I burst out laughing when I saw the title of this thread.

Thanks OP, you get my beans for giving me a hearty chuckle.

Simulator = real life

In real life you don't see how you died. Or try to use the cam to learn a new sniping spot... gtfo

THIS ISN'T COD, DUMBASS.

I think he knows that already, hence he mentioned the fact that you can gain no advantage from your killcam as you spawn 30 minutes away from where you died, unarmed. It would be a nice feature, for those who don't want to see a killcam it isn't difficult to make it an option for players to have or not based on individual preference, adding an option for the killer to choose whether his victim is shown a killcam or not. It would be nice to see their perspective on those deaths where you have no idea whether you were shot from 50 meters away or 500. There's no need to insult people for expressing their suggestions on the suggestions section of the forum.

Simulator = real life

In real life you don't see how you died. Or try to use the cam to learn a new sniping spot... gtfo

Yeah, you don't respawn either if you want to use that, It's not a simulator, it's not realistic, It's authentic there's a difference between realistic and authentic. The world has yet to see realistic in a videogame. With regards to your sniping spot theory I agree, see my other reply on this thread for an easy solution. Edited by a_ruttle

I think the people saying "this isn't CoD are being arrogant", however I don't think this would be a particularly good idea, especially when playing in a squad it would mean giving the position of the killer to your whole quad way too easy as soon as you're shot. Or if you kill someone you can guarantee the rest of their quad will have an immediate fix on your position so for that reason, I'm out,

I think the people saying "this isn't CoD are being arrogant", however I don't think this would be a particularly good idea, especially when playing in a squad it would mean giving the position of the killer to your whole quad way too easy as soon as you're shot. Or if you kill someone you can guarantee the rest of their quad will have an immediate fix on your position so for that reason, I'm out,

Duncan?