jgdj19

Kill Camera

It's a silly idea. If a clan member got killed at NWAF, he can just tell his mates where he was.

This is a terrible idea. The dead don't care how they died. They are dead. Your next spawn is supposed to be another human altogether. Just be grateful you can run back to your former personas corpse.

omg annnn lets add likee 360 quickzscopz an stuff liek ya.

omggggg i wan to see whar mah kil3r is so i can get reveng!

No mate, this ain't CoD, man up...

Dean Hall wants to make this game as realistic as posible, this would just make it a damn arcade game!

I would just like to see a who killed who and when in the logs to know who the teleporting godmode invis killers are.

Only thing deaths need is a "Player killed Player" message, even if its just in server logs. And i still think you should only see it if you were the one killed. Once again ties in with my idea of a post-death scoreboard, instead of during game scoreboard, and then the server can save high scores if it really must. In your scoreboard it could be "Killed by: [Player Name] "Zombies" "Starvation" "Thirst" etc.

The reason this isn't appropriate for this game is because it would be abused too easily. You could tell your friends/teammates where he was-thus giving away his position and it really does no benefit to you where the shot came from, you were hit, you died, the end.

Not even going to bother saying how bad of an idea this is....I think anything i'm going to say has been said. Example: UNREALISTIC.

Suggestion: Kill Camera. A view of the player's perspective who killed you for 5 seconds prior to your death.

I normally hate Kill Camera's in games because they show people your position and give an unrealsitic and unfair advantage to the player who has just respawned.

However, because in dayz deaths are less frequent (when looked at as a deaths per minute type statistic), you lose everything and respawn somewhere usually far away from your place of death, I do not think a Kill Camera would actually be a negative to the game.

Dayz is a game where you can die from many things easily, such as a sniper's bullet from across a valley, and I often do not even know what killed me! A Kill Camera would give me an explanation of how I died and who killed me without allowing me to easily run back to the place of death and take advantage of this information.

I note however that this is probably not an urgent matter, but perhaps it could be considered (or something similar) as a future feature. Perhaps just lots of post death information about how you died in text would be more appropriate?

Discuss.

NO