Digitalzebra

We all know it. But it is out of hand now.

Hackers/Modders/Cheaters, whatever you coin them as, if they do it, they ruin the game.

Again.

THIRD TIME. I've got my As50, and NVG's, ect... I feel like going to snipe someone.

I get onto US 863, and I was lying down, on Electro's hill... and I was ran over by a flying car.

:/

Seriously.

Now I get to go look for another AS50 NVG's ect for another week before I can feel comfortable sniping.... Hackers are getting out of hand and its ruining the game... We all know it, and we all can relate to a time that a hacker fucked up something for you... Sadly, its slowly turning me away from this game...

>Inb4 Butthurt, I KNOW I AM, lol.

>Inb4 Anything else against OP

>Inb4 OP is faggot. lol

>Inb4 Butthurt, I KNOW I AM, lol.

>Inb4 Anything else against OP

>Inb4 OP is faggot. lol

>.>

<.<

OP can't inb4

• Like 2

Stick to low population servers. Hackers almost never frequent them because they like to fuck with people en masse instead of tracking down the 5 or 6 people putting around on a near empty server.

Your chances of finding a vehicle are also dramatically higher, and you actually get to know the people who play on the server with you. I know just about all the regulars on US1081, who's friendly and who isn't, etc. It's actually much more enjoyable than being on a high population server, even if there are much fewer people to shoot at.

• Like 3

> Sniping on Elektro hill

Instant Karma

Karma Smarma.

My humanity is already at -62301.... So... Might as well ill people I can't communicate with or trust. I learned not to trust people in this game.

I guess we are supposed to feel sorry for you but instead I laughed.

I lauhged too after I read it, but seriously... :l I'm not asking for anybody to feel sorry for me, I'm looking for agreement that hackers are destroying this game.

This man has a license to ill.

Just because of this I'm adding PHD to my name in-game.

Just stay away from high population servers and you should be fine.

Eh, Less action while sniping, but It might as well be safer.

You're implying that you were run over by a hacker, just saying what if it was a random coincidence.

Oh well, karma is a bitch, considering you were camping elektro for noobs I take it.

Karma Smarma.

My humanity is already at -62301.... So... Might as well ill people I can't communicate with or trust. I learned not to trust people in this game.

People like you are the exact reason why no one can trust anyone anymore. People are starting out, spawning in and trying to find gear, and they have to deal with snipers who can only handle attacking the unarmed.

Why not give them a chance? Wouldn't it be more fun to "hunt" them instead of killing them right off the bat? Let them get geared up and out of town. Track them for awhile. Give 'em a scare every so often.

But yes, I do agree that the hacking is WAY out of hand. Naturally, that goes without saying. We all know it.

Hackers affect this game much more than other FPS games. This is due to the fact that new players / new spawns have to spend a large amount of time acquiring gear compared to other instant gratification (sorry, but I have to use that term here) FPS games.

I lost my main point (damn wife bugging me), but I think this is fair enough to say:

This is a mod/alpha/game-made-by-one-dude.

Take a chill pill.

If you want to grass roots the shit out of this issue then take it to BIS. However, I think they have already received the message.

People like you are the exact reason why no one can trust anyone anymore. People are starting out, spawning in and trying to find gear, and they have to deal with snipers who can only handle attacking the unarmed.

Why not give them a chance? Wouldn't it be more fun to "hunt" them instead of killing them right off the bat? Let them get geared up and out of town. Track them for awhile. Give 'em a scare every so often.

I have a better idea, how about the unarmed player stop making themselves an easy target to snipers?

There is a risk/reward with cities, and if you don't know that you'll learn it fairly quick.

"Hey I keep getting shot running to this popular city, let me run back to that city and get gear"

Does nobody else see the problem with that line of thought?

Hehe I had once a flying bus ran into me on the Otmel hill thingy, was just collecting the loot from shooting 3 snipers in the back. I mean seriously they were 3 ghillied snipers with identical loot ( as50, coyote, nvg, rangefinders, and silenced m4) just sitting there right next to eachother tunnelvisioning elektro. Was fun being flown into with a bus, though.

Why do you need NVG's? You can't even use them while scoping your AS50.

Edited by Aranthir

Serves you right for being a cheap ass sniper. They really need to remove sniper rifles from the game. If you want to PvP then you should be forced to do it up close and personal.

• Like 1

I lauhged too after I read it, but seriously... :l I'm not asking for anybody to feel sorry for me, I'm looking for agreement that hackers are destroying this game.

As you can see with most immature replys majority don't care i dare saying most also getting into hacking becouse they are hacked they are that dumb im affraid.

Its indeed getting out of hand but devs and majority players don't care.

But one thing that come out of this is GAMEOVER im not spending one dime on next installment thats what hackers accomplish with this.

If you want to PvP then you should be forced to do it up close and personal.

If you want to Post then you should be forced to do it intelligently.

Everybody knows that it's happening, I don't think anyone gets teleported into the sky without a parachute and thinks "Ohh, what an interesting and engaging game mechanic, I wonder how this will play out". I've been sent to the sky, ocean, thunderdome, been killed by invulnerable players - you name it. After a certain point though, it just becomes numbing, and there's next to nothing that can really be done about it. At the risk of being a broken record repeating what the rest of the forums already say; Arma II by its very nature lends itself to this form of hacker abuse, the use of on-the-fly scripts is something that the game engine intentionally facilitates.

It's not that people don't think that the hackers are damaging the game, it's just that...well...we get tired of these threads.