DarkEnergy

No vehicles spawning on new server.

So far I can tell that vehicles are spawning just fine on our ID ~8700 server, still once rebooted the V2A truck turned into a bicycle.

Surprisingly the vehicle seems to remember the state of damage it was in, as I was able to repair the engine of the bicycle (which was the only damaged thing remaining on the truck before).

Seems like the vehicle class gets lost somewhere in the database during the save and reload process.

Same here. Just got vehicles today and after a server restart, they don't save correctly. i'm going to rollback to 1.7.2.4.

Our old server had vehicles for about a week after it came online, but vehicles started vanishing (not stolen, not blown up, they just, vanished on a server restart). Sometimes they'd vanish altogether, other times they'd turn into other vehicles. After seven days none of the vehicles that vanished respawned. After 14 days none respawned. There were only 3 vehicles serverwide by that time. None of them were stored off-map.

Is this a part of that bug?

Hey Mate,

No to me that sounds like someone is hacking in vehicles, as we were excited to see vehicles on our server but to check i had my group save all the vehicles found then i reset the server only to have them ALL despawn.

at the moment i shut down my server if i hear a vehicle driving through or a helli flying over because I know there are no vehicles on the server, heard a helli "shutdown"

Can confirm we got vehicles on DE1608 now.

If they would only save inventory and position / repair status then i would be a happy puppy. Oh, and they do it transformer style after each reboot. Van transformed into an Pickup.

Testing it today -

so we can say: that vehicles are spawned id < 12000

what is with saving inventory after a restart of server / saving position / saving type of car?

Yeah nice. We have vehicles now but we can't use them, because nothing is saved. Tried it 3 times and the vehicles just reset all the time. If this goes on, many people will cancel their subscriptions for their servers.

What do you mean? Till a sever restart you can use them?

After each server restart they loose their status (Inventory, repair status), they may disappear or switch to another vehicle. Pretty annoying that you dont have anything to store your stuff in.

Same here (DE 1610, ID: 8263). 7 days after setting the server up, vehicles finally started spawning but are dissappearing after each restart.

There has been a single occurence where an ural transformed to a bike, other than that, all vehicles vanished.

We repaired the chopper and after a rerstart it's back on Skalisty. That was on our server which has vehicles since the first start. Before we tried to repair any vehicles on the new server we tried to save a tent and a vehicle and after a restart it's all set back.

That's really annoying and I can't really be happy, we finaly have vehicles. We can't use them. Would be no wonder, if many people would cancel their subscriptions for their servers. I have canceled one at vilayer and I guess I will cancel the server at gamed!de too because I can't even promote it, because there are no vehicles, that can be used. We are more and more thinking about a private hive.

Ok, vehicles now are spawned but strange things are going on:

(everytime waiting 30 sec. till logout for hive to save)

- Vehicle was spawned inside another environmental car

- After saving the car and restarting the server another car spawned inside the car

- Saving the new car again and restarted the server: nothing special happened (both cars inside the environmental car are still there)

- FOUND a sniper and some cans inside the car, put some new stuff inside -saved car - waited 30 sec. log off - server restart: items which i put inside are gone, but the sniper and cans, which were there from car spawn still inside

Edited by unyq

too bad you can't use them...

Just hold off on the server restart for a day or two.

I can confirm that last night at 4:55PM EST after we restarted our server with an instance ID over 8000 that vehicles did indeed spawn. Upon server restart however those vehicles reappear at their original locations unrepaired. We also still have tents disappearing upon server reset and are experiencing excessive server connection issues and hive desyncing.

• Like 1

I can confirm that last night at 4:55PM EST after we restarted our server with an instance ID over 8000 that vehicles did indeed spawn. Upon server restart however those vehicles reappear at their original locations unrepaired. We also still have tents disappearing upon server reset and are experiencing excessive server connection issues and hive desyncing.

Exactly. It's a mess.

I suspected that might be the case with disappearing vehicles (I noticed it on 7999 and below instance ID servers with vehicles before the 8000+ instance id thing was noticed/fixed). This is also why I haven't restarted my server since. It's actually kind of neat in a roundabout way in getting "around" the 7-day respawn time temporarily and letting more people play with cars ;P I gather the devs are already aware and workin' on it, though. It seems it spurred through with the 1.7.2.5 update.

On a somewhat related derail of the topic, may I ask why everyone has these constant scheduled restarts going on? I operate my server with absolutely no scheduled/routine restarts. The only time it's restarted is for maintenance/updates (needing to tweak the .cfg or update the Dedicated Server beta files/DayZ mod files themselves). Perhaps ARMA2 servers are different, but with my history in IT it's generally considered a sign of an overloaded box/inexperienced admin/etc if a service/daemon requires or benefits from regularly scheduled server restarts. Is this not true with ARMA2 servers?

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, as Windows Server sysadmin is brand new to me. I come from the world of Linux where daemon restarts outside of those required to release locks on files you want to update, re-read configs, etc. are otherwise considered a red flag of a poor quality sysadmin/overloaded box/etc. Understandably, from that point of view, I am shocked when I see servers with messages about rolling restarts every 4 hours.

I guess if the goal of said server admins is to clear/refresh DayZ loot piles to makes the game easier I can see that. But, any technical reason? The best reason I've seen so far in this thread has been implied by the fact that, once the 8000+ id issue was fixed, the only way to get vehicles to spawn was in fact to restart your DayZ server. But yeah, if anyone can itemize why I should be constantly restarting my DayZ server every X hours, I'd appreciate it. It just goes against the grain of everything I know about sysadmin to do that. haha. But, if it's required to ensure my players can experience DayZ properly (like the cars not spawning unless the DayZ server were to be restarted) then I shall have to do so.

De 1508 Server restart did not set back vehicles after restart the server. On de 925 the vehicles are not hacked the take a hole day 8 persons to get most of the hole vehicle, restart, and it is gone... hope the bug is fix sonn becouse this bug sucks.

De 1508 Server restart did not set back vehicles after restart the server. On de 925 the vehicles are not hacked the take a hole day 8 persons to get most of the hole vehicle, restart, and it is gone... hope the bug is fix sonn becouse this bug sucks.

Vehicle hoarding? Nice. I don't like the rules the dev team want's us to stick to but vehicle hoarding isn't okay. Also you won't get many people playing on your server, when they have no vehicles.

• Like 1

Vehicle hoarding? Nice. I don't like the rules the dev team want's us to stick to but vehicle hoarding isn't okay. Also you won't get many people playing on your server, when they have no vehicles.

Vehicle hoarding did not work if all vehicles set back after restart! (read first m8) and i think its ok go get tham all(de 925 not Glitchmobserver de 1508). just a few days and vip hacks and Vehicle hoarding is imposible!.

I think its a good mission to get all vehicles just for an photo than you destroy the vehicles. 7 days than all should be back on spown points.

@dev team de1508 vehicles buged (vehicles set back after restart or change v3r->bike motorbike->traktor same vehicles turn back to there spownpoants.)

-de 925 all vehicles set back after restart ID-8063

Edited by Piranja13

Same here. Vehicles do indeed spawn. BUT: They dont remember their skin. My motor bike turned into a car. -.-

Sad but true, still pretty useless aslong as they keep spinning around skins and repair status.

Vehicles are now on our server US 2126 with an instance ID of 8000+, the chopper though is nowhere to be found, did anyones chopper spawn with the rest of the vehicles? Or does the 7 day timer for the chopper start when the vehicles spawned? If anyone knows that'd be great. +beans for anyone who knows.

After waiting a few days my server finally started spawning vehicles. I managed to fix up a UAZ and a V3S Civ and took them back to my camp area. Upon the next server restart they had both gone back to their original spawns. I guess I'll have to wait until this bug is fixed to enjoy driving around and storing gear.